Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default I am in a funk

I haven't scrapped or designed in months because I've been busting my butt working from home as a part time medical coder and answering phones for our plumbing business so basically working 2 jobs while my 3 kids were home this summer. I decided I had to just give up designing because I couldn't fit it in but I haven't scrapped either.

Well I got word yesterday that I am losing my job working at home and I either have to go back into the office full time or come up with another plan. I'm going for option B because I can't see paying for daycare fulltime for my youngest two. So I'm going to try to start baby sitting from home.

We are also trying to raise money for our adoption so this change is not what our family is needing right now. I know God has a bigger plan for us and when one door closes another door opens but I seriously need a pick me up. Too bad I don't drink

I was sitting here thinking how much I gave up for those jerks over the last 7 years and thought I'd scrap out my frustrations because I miss doing that but here I sit in a funk, lol.

Oh and I think I need a new scrapping home is why I just poured my soul out to you all. Will you take me in?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely! So sorry you're going through all this, but I hope it all works out for the best for your family.

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

(((hugs)))

You're absolutely right that God has a plan; hang onto that thought. There are lots of ladies here who will pray for you, this is a wonderful community. Welcome!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I always try to think that when one door closes, another opens. I was in a similar situation, but I'm working through it now, and just about to open my own business. Things will work out! And...welcome!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome. This is a great place.

Everything definately happens for a reason.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

welcome! and hang in there, I know you'll find something! Being there for the kids is definitely the right call - it will pay back in spades for them!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, you are definitely in the right place. This is the nicest group of people that I've met online.

At church we have been told a story about a single mother with four children. One day she came home and had a little party with her children. They were so excited and asked her "Mother, what happened? Did you get a promotion at work?" She replied, "No, I got fired." They looked and her and asked, "but why are we having a party?" She said, "I got fired. That means that God has a better plan for us and I'm so excited to see what it is."

Now I just need to remember stories like that to remind myself not to worry...because I do know that the blessings do come -- and sometimes they are bigger than I could have ever really imagined for myself.

Have you looked at the challenges? That might help you get back to scrapping again.

Glad you're here!

Last edited by scrap2day; 08-24-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I agree with Beckie, your decision will really benefit your kids! Keep trusting, that door will open.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

{{Hugs}} and welcome!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of job... good luck with the adoption!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to jocelinsmommy

hey tab...nice to see u around again..somehow i lost contact with u on yahoo and facebook :| i've been outta the loop for other reasons...i'm sad that the door was closing for u...but ur an amazing person and are very very talented...so keep ur head up...sending tons of prayers and positive thoughts ur way ((HUGS))---