Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2009, 04:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default VENT PARTY: Come In to Complain Abt Your Family Members Here!

My parents wanted to come down to see me for my birthday, but between my work schedule and my dad's, we had to put it off until the first w/e in Feb. This is also a w/e where Jeff will not have his son, so it will just be us, my parents, and Jeff's parents. Our parents have met and dined together a few times before and like each other, so we thought how nice it would be to just have a pleasant intimate dinner with the six of us.

In the meantime, the wedding dress my sister ordered down here came in a couple weeks ago, and she needs to pick it up. She offered to come down last w/e and take me to lunch for my bday, but Jeff and I already had plans for the day, so I had to decline. I was very nice abt it, though, and told her I appreciated the offer.

Once my sister heard my parents were coming down in two weeks for my bday, she invited herself along so that she could save gas money and pick her dress up on the way out of town.

I emailed my sister and told her that Jeff and I wanted to have just our parents come to dinner. I explained that we were going to do a special kind of surprise 'thank you for being our parents' type thing at dinner. I assured her that my parents could still pick up her dress; she would just have to write a check to give them beforehand. Since she is not getting alterations done here, but in our hometown, she does not have to be in person to pick up the dress. I emphasized how appreciative I would be if she would stay behind and asked if she was interested in coming down this upcoming weekend to do lunch/dress/etc. if she felt she had to pick it up herself to see it before it got back home or whatever and offered to pay for gas.

My mom emails me to let me know Sister is 'upset' abt being 'uninvited' and that Mom has offered to drive her down this w/e to pick up her dress so she doesn't have to pay for gas or drive down alone. Mom tells me Sister is 'thinking abt it.'

I email Sister again to let her know I've heard she's upset and to please tell me directly when that happens instead of letting Mom pass the news onto me. I reiterated my previous points as well as pointed out that since she lives at home with our parents and can see them alone whenever she likes, I do not have that luxury and would like to see them alone. I also point out that she is not being purposely excluded as neither Jeff's son, brother and sister-in-law or anyone else but parents will be there. I conclude the email with apologizing for hurting her, but that I still want just Mom and Dad to come down.

No email reply from either the first email or the second email. She also did not call, text, email, or Facebook message me to wish me a happy birthday yesterday. I assume she means this as an insult to 'show me' she's mad at me.

Lame.

Share your family drama here, please.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh, goodness, she is just being immature. Your wishes were perfectly normal and should have been just followed rather than playing the oh I am so hurt by you stuff.

I have lots of family drama (mostly in law drama), but I don't really wanna get into since I am not feeling bad about anything right now and if I think about stories, I will just get mad again. lol
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awww! Sorry LA! That sucks... she should understand.

Hmmm.... let's see. I am getting increasingly irritated and stressed out about my sister's wedding. She gets married in February and I am expected to buy my own bridesmaid dress, despite being flat-out broke right now. The WORST part is her mother (she's actually my adopted step-sis, not my biological sis) is coming to the wedding and I'm sooo scared. This woman abused me for 9 years of my life and I never expected to see her ever again. I am going to be a MESS on her wedding day. *hyperventilating*

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Um. Joey is still living with us. That's about it. AND, the ONE weekend he freaking goes away? We're going away too. So I don't even get to enjoy the empty house. ::sigh::

And, your sister is being completely unfair and totally lame. Good thing Jeff was amazing for your birthday. You don't need her drama, and she'll get over it.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

Seriously lame

*sigh* I have too much drama... I haven't talked to my dad in nearly a year, my MIL is like a slightly more tactful version of the mother on Everybody Loves Raymond, my SIL thinks I'm a complete moron because I'm a SAHM, aaaand my brother's fiance is a real piece of work. That's it in a nutshell. :\
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sisters can be a total PITA huh? j/k :P

I can't complain about Lena b/c she's the bomb (and she lives with me and knows where I sleep). Two of our aunts right now are being so ugly right now to me. It's been really hard to deal with. Thankfully, I do have Lena here to help me get past their petty childishness.

I hope you enjoy your weekend and dinner with your parents!

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)
Old 01-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

oh, I know, right?

Aunt 1 and Aunt 2 are being total beeyotches to Tabs. Can you believe that crap? They aren't messing with me because I bite back, and they think they can act however they want to Tab and she'll just take it.

Do I have ANY takers to make this little problem disappear for me?

Anyone? I can pay by paypal!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok, a tiny bit of background for anyone not aware. Up until June of last year, my son JP lived with his father and spent most weekends and a lot of other time with my mom and dad. He spent eight weeks of every summer with us. When JP's father passed away, my mom wanted JP to live with her. Considering that I know how my mother is, that simply wasn't happening and he now lives with us. Ma very plainly stated that she expected to have BOTH of my boys for eight weeks every summer from then on. I told her we'd talk about it, but that I felt eight weeks away was excessive.

Fast forward to now. Ma's already planned her trip to pick up the boys. She's arriving on 6/22. All along, I've been telling her that she can have JP for four weeks, Devin for one. I've explained my reasoning (not that I need to). He has other grandparents and family, he has a home here, we have plans for the summer, blah, blah, blah, etc. Well, none of that is good enough for her...she keeps saying, "Well, YOU had him for eight weeks. I should too."

Ok. Stop. I'm his mother. You are not. You are also not his only grandmother. Dad is not his only grandfather. M, A, C1, C2, and N are not his only young cousins. (M, A, and C1 are technically second cousins or something removed...)

Aaaaagh....
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM

profile gallery send pm

Lena I'm on it! My paypal address is cbrady23 AT gmail DOT com

Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I knew I could count on you girls.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have two crutches I'll share one with Col and we'll beat them to a pulp for ya Tab!

LA I'm sorry, that's very childish of your sister.

I could write a book and use up every bit of this site's bandwidth with Family Vent's about my MIL!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:34 PM

profile gallery send pm

I thank my lucky stars that my future MIL is awesome. Jordan's Aunts however, are going a little insane with planning my bridal shower. As in they are demanding a guest list and addresses ASAP. And the shower is in August. We're the first of any of the kids to get married, so I get the excitement, but holy schmoly it's 8 months away!!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOO.MUCH.DRAMA.HERE. Just want to be ALONE.... away from it

Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to scarlettcharm Send a message via Yahoo to scarlettcharm

I'll just say this. I. Hate. Divorce. It is a necessary evil, but why can a man NOT be considerate and mature at the very least. Especially when he still says he loves you and would take you back, and says how much he cares about the kids and wants this to go smoothly for them? What a moron, as if I'd ever go back to that after the past 9 horrific mos of this whole separation/divorce mess. I mean, i know I am the one who left, but it doesn't make me hateful and evil. GROW UP already. Right!?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

wow!! i'm sorry honey! you don't deserve to be treated like that!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in a huge ordeal with my sister right now also. It's threatening to end our relationship...we had been so close. Just 3 years ago I got through being estranged from her twin brother for 5 years and now it's her. Or maybe it's me. *sigh*
Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Do bosses count???????? I am ready to slit my wrists............

Oh, and my mil informed me yesterday that she and DH's Aunt will be staying at our house again this weekend (helping BIL work on his POS house). I love them but his Aunt drives me nutso after a couple of hours.........

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Last edited by Kat Stokes; 01-27-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

You really don't want to get me started...

Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That sucks, girl! Hope she gets over it soon.

I won't even get started on my family drama. I have story after story after story of "are you freakin' kidding me?" crap, and it would just put me in a pissy mood to recap.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

My aunt & uncle are getting divorced after almost 40 years of marriage. My uncle & my mom co-inherited my grandparents house when my grandma died. My folks have been living in it part time when they aren't in FL for several years. They decided to sell it & my uncle was fine with that until the last possible second before closing & then decided he wanted to keep it & move in there instead of the apartment he's been living in since my aunt kicked him out. The sale of this house had dragged out almost a year at this point. He'd been in the apartment for 6 months when he pulls this. It's not like the whole freaking family hadn't said "John, why not just keep the house yourself rather than sell it?" several times since his wife threw him out. But no, the day before closing he decides this. Pissing off the buyers, the lawyers, his soon to be ex (who would get a cut of the sales price), my parents, 2 of his kids and my brother, who all live in town and have to hear about it from everybody all the time. My other cousin & I don't live in town anymore, so it's just annoyance by proxy for us.

But because of however the will was written he has a year to pay off my mom for his half of the house. So my folks aren't getting the money they were counting on when they were planning to have it, just because my uncle decided to pull a fast one on his wife and cheat her out of her half of the money he would have made from selling the house.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My only peeve right now is that my ILs keep coming over to do stuff to the house to get it fixed up for selling later in the spring. Okay, that's really nice of them. But, my MIL doesn't need to come every stinkin' time my FIL does. All she does is clean my house! Yes, that's nice too, but it disrupts mine and my kids day! I can't come online while she is here, plus she is just annoying and nosy. They came over today for a few hours. FIL put some trim up around a window and painted some cupboards that are on either side of said window. Now why did she need to come?? She folded my laundry and swept. Just makes me feel like crap because I ddin't do the stuff myself. Anyway, they are coming over again tomorrow...FIL is painting our hall and bathroom (which doesn't need to be painted! He's making work for himself!) and she's coming too...why I have no idea! UGH!

Sorry about your sister LA...sounds like she needs to grow up a bit.

Leila, your mom...ugh...hope she gets it through her head why you don't want her taking your kids for 8 weeks!

Meeegan, I hope everything goes smoothly at your sisters wedding and you don't have much face time with her mom.