Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Facebook Question

Have you ever gotten a friend request from someone you don't know? I got a request and I'm not sure who the person is. It could be a scrappy friend who's "real" name I'm not familiar with but I don't know. I'd feel bad sending a message saying "how do I know you". What would you do in this case?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i would say. sorry i'm a short-buser today but...who are you??
Old 01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I usually look at the people we have in common. Happens a lot with scrap people. Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes I accept them. Depends greatly on my mood

I've become much more ruthless in accepting people lately. I denied my former BFF last week, cuz I don't have time for her shizz. But that's just me.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Remind me never to get on your bad side Col... lol!

We have NOT ONE friend in common... so not from High School and prolly not scrap related. The only thing we have in common is we're both fans of the Pet Society.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Just one of those situations where 1 person did all the work of the relationship, while the other did nothing. And I put up with the selfishness and selfcenteredness for far too many years, before severing ties all together. $20 says she won't even notice that I didn't accept.

Anyway, in that case, I would reject/ignore them. If don't know you, you don't get to be my friend. The world is full of weirdos.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always try to say soemthing like "I know you from SSD" or something- if I didn't or got a request from someone I wasn't sure about, I'd say something like "Your name/pic isn't ringing a bell, how do we know each other?" Nothing wrong with being sure!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I won't accept anyone if we don't have any friends in common. Like for us scrappers, normally there are one or two people common (or in the case of us losers here, 20-50 in common. heheee).
Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We may be losers, but at least we know who our friends are here. I love it here.
I only facebook people I actually want to talk to. So, from here I probably was in a chat with you and you said add me. Or in real life it is someone from high school or college.
There is this one girl from high school. I can't stand her. Didn't like her then, don't like her now. We have been to a few of the same parties. we went to see Jimmy Buffet in a large group together. And she corners me every time I see her and asks me why I didn't accept her request.
What am I supposed to say? That I don't like you and I don't want to talk to you?
My ex-husband is constantly trying to add me as well. REALLY? Are we friends? I divorced you! I have people sugest him as a friend. WTF? He is my ex husband.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to heyitslauriebeth

If I get requests from people I don't know, which seems to be happening a lot lately, I just send a message and ask if I know them...3/4 of the time they're like, oh no, I just thought I'd add you, and it's like ...really? because everyone adds people they don't know...I try to add only people that I'm like actually friends with, but then people I've met in passing add me and keep adding me over and over if I deny it...it's annoying, haha.

CT for LilyAnne Taylor at Elemental Scraps
Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

all.the.time.

I have been ignoring them lately. I figure if I should know them they will PM or IM me and let me know I am ignoring them.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would ask them how they know you....I do not approve people that I don't know personally (meaning that I have not ever met before)....That's just me....I'm weird like that....LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I just add them. I figure whats it gonna hurt? I dont go on there often and dont post much about myself on there so if I do add someone its not like they will get any info on me. I only really joined for the flairs and to play the pet society game LOL

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i only add ppl who i know....

Old 01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I usually look at the people we have in common. Happens a lot with scrap people. Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes I accept them. Depends greatly on my mood

I've become much more ruthless in accepting people lately. I denied my former BFF last week, cuz I don't have time for her shizz. But that's just me.
^^this is me too^^^
Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm totally casting my vote towards ignoring the joker. I'm with Col; I ignore people I used to know IRL. I figure if I haven't talked to someone in the last five years, I don't need to be her/his facebook friend.

I'm not just saying that you should stop adding people you don't know, I'm going so far as saying that you should delete people you don't really like. It's really a fun thing to do with your time.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I'm totally casting my vote towards ignoring the joker. I'm with Col; I ignore people I used to know IRL. I figure if I haven't talked to someone in the last five years, I don't need to be her/his facebook friend.

I'm not just saying that you should stop adding people you don't know, I'm going so far as saying that you should delete people you don't really like. It's really a fun thing to do with your time.
Funny that you should say that 'cause I delete people if I haven't heard from them since adding them....I mean, I don't need place holders....LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If it says that they have friends in common with you, I'd look at who they are. If you recognize any of them from real life or the net, then I'd add them.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just ignore them usually. Sometimes I check to see who our mutual friends are. If there isn't any, then I probably don't know them.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdumas View Post
There is this one girl from high school. I can't stand her. Didn't like her then, don't like her now. We have been to a few of the same parties. we went to see Jimmy Buffet in a large group together. And she corners me every time I see her and asks me why I didn't accept her request.
What am I supposed to say? That I don't like you and I don't want to talk to you?
I say this because it's happened to me: So sorry, I'm still getting the hang of FB and don't stay too long when I log in, so I forget! *paste fake smile for effect*

i have over 30 requests I haven't responded to because I keep thinking, "do I want this person to know what is going on in my life? Show her my pictures and videos, etc?" I'm a lot more comfortable with some scrap friends than a few offline friends!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This has happened to me a couple times, I just sent a "do I know you?" type letter and never received a response back, so I assumed I didn't know them. LOL
Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshobbes View Post
I say this because it's happened to me: So sorry, I'm still getting the hang of FB and don't stay too long when I log in, so I forget! *paste fake smile for effect*

i have over 30 requests I haven't responded to because I keep thinking, "do I want this person to know what is going on in my life? Show her my pictures and videos, etc?" I'm a lot more comfortable with some scrap friends than a few offline friends!
That is funny. I tell her I only go on to see what my 14 year old is doing then I leave. Not there for fun. That is true with Myspace. I facebook with people I actually want to chat with.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdumas View Post
My ex-husband is constantly trying to add me as well. REALLY? Are we friends? I divorced you! I have people sugest him as a friend. WTF? He is my ex husband.
I think the term friend is used loosely on Facebook, so I wouldn't stress about it.

I had my husband's ex-wife on my Myspace for a long time before we were really "friends". She just requested me on FB today, as a matter of fact! I hope that you will one day be able to have a better situation with your ex.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I ignore anyone I don't know or don't have friends in common with. I got one the other day and she was in the Phoenix, AZ network (which I'm not because then they all can see me) and so I felt like I should know her, but I couldn't place her. Looked at her friends and she had like 2400. So she is a friend 'ho - that's all.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you know what's annoying me about facebook? LOL...I signed my husband up for an account yesterday because his family and friends all added me as a way to get to him and I was like, you know, just get a page dude! LOL So I set him up with one and in less than 24 hours the man has like 30 friends? when did he get so popular? And better yet, why wasn't I informed? ROFL

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 01-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
Looked at her friends and she had like 2400. So she is a friend 'ho - that's all.
Bwahahahahaha! And, a new social science topic is born... Dynamics of Online Networking Groups and the Psychology Behind it!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a guy from high school that I didn't know but he says he knew me so I keep ingnoring him and he hasn't got the hint yet.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The other day I got a friend request from some guy who I do not know or have common friends. Well I just did not accept. Just looked now and he requested to be my friend again. Dude what is your deal? lol