Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2023, 10:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Question Trivial Tuesday - Wake up alarms

I'd love to get to know everyone better and thought I'd start by posting a TRIVIAL question but an important one!

How many alarms do you have set in the morning?

Old 09-18-2023, 10:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just have the one - at 5:30 am, but I usually snooze once and then get up!

Old 09-19-2023, 12:55 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I just have one at 06.20 am, no snooze. I usually get out of bed 10 minutes later, almost automatically.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

well.... now that you ask... lol

Currently it's my husband's alarm, going off at 5.15am!! He is saying the Jewish Mourner's prayer for his dad who passed in April so he gets up super early every day to go to the synagogue to pray. He is NOT, and I repeat NOT a morning person so this is an actual miracle that he is sticking to his guns and doing it every day. (it's an 11month story so we are almost at half way. Thankfully, the time will change to about a 5.35am wake up from next week)

With that being said, our cat, who was my alarm clock every morning, has taken it upon himself to continue the 'alarm' even after hubs has turned his off!!! BUT it's 5.15!!!! so I have to make him wait until he then wakes me at 6.15 for his breakfast.

everyone in my house is just darn lucky I am actually a morning person and not a grumpy bum for being woken at that god-forsaken hour.

it also means I can get up at 6.15 and get going on my daily morning walk.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Well....LOL

6, 630, 640, & 7. Usually I'm up by the 630 alarm but in the event that I don't wake up I have backups LOL
Old 09-19-2023, 09:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

One alarm - (on my phone). And fortunately, I don't need to use it most days because I have nothing going on for the day! Since retirement I've gotten used to staying up later and getting up later ... most days I'm up and around between 8 and 8:30. It's a beautiful life - lolol.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I set one alarm for 8:30am, but I'm usually up before my alarm goes off.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:14 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Zero. Sleeping in is one of life's little pleasures for me. My kids are adults and get themselves up for work / university now, so I don't need to set one for that anymore and I LOVE it!! I'm usually awake by 9-9:30 but I love rolling around in bed scrolling reddit for a bit while our cat purrs at me before I actually get up. I'm spoiled. I know it.

I am also a HUGE night owl and am usually awake in some capacity until 1-1:30. I just like nighttime better than early morning.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just one. When the alarm goes off I grab my phone to turn it off and check if I have any messages or I scroll instagram and FB. Than I stand up so I don't fall asleep again.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no sleep/wake alarms, being retired has its benefits I can sleep as late as I want to but generally I get up early anyways, about 7 a.m.

I do use my phone timer for things though, like reminding me to take food out of the oven.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have an alarm clock but we don't set it. My husband doesn't sleep well and is usually up around 4:30 or so. If I fell asleep easily enough the night before, I tend to wake up naturally around 5:30. Since he's already up, a few months ago he decided to start work at 7:00 (off at 4:00 or earlier depending on how long of a lunch he takes.) He's out the door around 6:30 now. Then I have a wee bit of time alone (with our big "lap dog") until Nathan gets up to start the school day.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have an actual alarm clock (can't stand those phone alarms) with a soothing melody that starts low and gets higher.

6.15 every weekday and I check my phone for 15 min before getting up and showering. No snooze.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Depends on the day of the week. I have an alarm set for 630 during the week...I am kind of slow to get up. Saturday right now it is 545am bc my son has to be at school by 630 for cross country meet.

Now my son who is 19 is a different story. He has an alarm that goes off...alarms, bells, sirens, rooster and more...he sleeps right through it. I filmed him the other morning after hearing the alarm go off for a while. He didn't move even after I turned on the lights and called his name. I had to physically touch him to get him to wake up. We are going to have to get him looked at...a little worrisome.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It all depends on what we have going on... but on a normal weekday, I use the "wake" feature on my iPhone to go off with an 8:15 alarm so I can take meds. They have to be taken on an empty stomach with no food for an hour ... so I go back to sleep until my 9:15, 9:17, and 9:20 alarms go off. Unless I've woken with a migraine, in which case all the alarms get turned off.

I also use alarms on my phone whenever I have to leave the house. I have one go off at the leaving time, one go off 20 minutes earlier with the label "20 minute warning", and a third at an hour before I have to leave with the label "Get Ready to Go".

I get distracted so easily these days; using the alarms on my phone has been a wonderful solution!

Old 09-19-2023, 08:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh... I'm horrible... I turn my alarms off in my sleep. (I also talk to people in my sleep and have no memory of it) So I have several set starting at 4:50ish to 5:20... phone, real clock one and fit bit. I do usually make it outta bed by 5:10-5:15, but I just can't trust myself to have one and done.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-19-2023, 09:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Only one set for the morning, but it changes depending on the days of the week. I have Mon & Fri off- but I do the carpool to school for our middle school neighborhood boys- so that alarm goes off at 7:15am, while my work alarm for Tues-Thurs is set to 6:15am. NO alarms typically on Saturday & Sunday!
Old 09-19-2023, 09:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Z
I am also a HUGE night owl and am usually awake in some capacity until 1-1:30. I just like nighttime better than early morning.
This is me too- so getting up at 6:15 for work is rough. In the summertime on my off days, I often got up around 9am and that's my preference if I had the choice!
Old 09-19-2023, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
I also use alarms on my phone whenever I have to leave the house. I have one go off at the leaving time, one go off 20 minutes earlier with the label "20 minute warning", and a third at an hour before I have to leave with the label "Get Ready to Go".

I get distracted so easily these days; using the alarms on my phone has been a wonderful solution!
This is so me!! I have alarms set for reminding me to leave to get my son from school, leave for Wednesday night church, alarms reminding me to do something...like make phone calls or send an email...I use them for a lot of reminders.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:52 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Too many haha. I drive my husband crazy. But those extra 5 minutes of sleep over and over again helps. hahaha

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 09-20-2023, 04:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just one, an alarm clock, and it is set for 6:00 a.m. M-F. However, the alarm on my husband's phone goes off at 5:00 a.m. (he recently got a new schedule), so I keep mine set in case I go back to sleep.
Old 09-20-2023, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Zero alarms, yay! I'm retired so I get to sleep in as long as I want

Old 09-21-2023, 08:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am so jealous of you all that are retired and don't need to set an alarm!!!

Old 09-21-2023, 10:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm also so jealous of those of you who are retired or on a later schedule! I'm a night owl forced to live on an early morning schedule, and I hate it! My alarms are set for 6:10, 6:15, and 6:20, and some days I still manage to go back to sleep accidentally. (Luckily that has only happened on the days my husband works from the office, so his alarm goes off at 6:30. If it happens on one of his work from home days, I'm in trouble!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
This is so me. My family is constantly making fun of me for how many alarms go off every day, but at least this way I pick my kids up on time, make it to meetings on time, etc! I would forget everything if I didn't have an alarm set to remind me.
Old 09-22-2023, 12:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I use my phone alarm. I care for our 15 month old granddaughter four days a week but the hours are different on those days. Monday and Thursday are usually 9-2 days. Tuesday and Wednesdays are usually 7:15-3:00 days. The ending times may vary according to how late my daughter's meeting go.
Old 09-22-2023, 09:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Two.
I wake up at 4am to take my thyroid meds.
Hope to go back to sleep until my next alarm at 4:40am.

Old 09-22-2023, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm jealous of the people with no alarms, too. I hate waking up to an alarm. I'm more of a night owl, too, so that doesn't help. Working from home and having kids old enough now to get themselves up has been a huge blessing.
Old 09-23-2023, 09:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I'm jealous of the people with no alarms, too. I hate waking up to an alarm. I'm more of a night owl, too, so that doesn't help.
The same here's! Lol!
I hate the alarm on my phone, I choose a sweet and soft one but just hearing it make me angry! Lol! I'm not a morning person at least and having to taking kids at school is very difficult for me.
But as I hate being late and hurry up I wake up earlier to be on time. Only one alarm. No snooze.
Old 09-23-2023, 05:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

One. It goes off, I get up.

My husband? 11,000 of them, they go off, he ignores them, sleeps through them, everything else on Earth to not actually shut them off and get up. Drives me bananas.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Zero now that daughter lives in her own apartment and is a working girl and hubby retired. Sometimes I even forget what day of the week it is! LOL
Old 09-24-2023, 11:00 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
My husband? 11,000 of them, they go off, he ignores them, sleeps through them, everything else on Earth to not actually shut them off and get up. Drives me bananas.
Oh gosh! It'll drive me bonkers too, Marie!
Old 09-28-2023, 02:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

none - alarms stress me out! I have a natural alarm clock in that I tell myself what time to wake up and I will, about 5-10min before the time I tell myself. Sounds amazing right? Until someone says something like, "I woke up at 2 this morning..." Doh! that will be stuck in my head... and by writing that - I will be up at 2 tomorrow... haha. My son did not inherit this and has like 3 alarm clocks that no matter how loud, annoying... he will sleep through them. Lord help him in the real world.

Luckily my husband had an apple watch and has a silent alarm. Used to drive me insane that he would snooze. When the alarm goes off - you get up!!

Now, if we are talking about alarms during the day? My life is ruled by alarms on my phone - I loose track of time easily and need to alarms to remind me. This fall has been the first time ever that Jake drives and it's his responsibility to watch the clock as to when to leave for his variety of things.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I set my alarm for 5:30 on the days I wash my hair and 6:00 on days I don't. But if my husband gets up before me, which he normally does, and lets the cats in my room, they usually sit on my bladder and wake me up.