Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts: 08/06

Let's all get to know each other a little more. Here's some fun questions to answer. Today's questions are all about your home.
  1. Are you tidy or messy around the house?
  2. Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home?
  3. What is the favorite room in your home?
  4. How long have you lived where you are now?
  5. Do you know your neighbors?
Old 09-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you tidy or messy around the house?
I'm both b/c my kitchen and LR are usually pretty tidy, everything put away where it should go, but the dusting and floor sweeping could be done a little more often. I have a dishwasher but often do the dishes by hand. I never leave dishes in the sink overnight unless I'm sick or extremely tired. My office tends to have the most clutter b/c I dump mail/bills, flyers, printed out stuff, etc onto a desk and things tend to pile up on there before I get around to sorting thru it. I have books, albums, photos, etc scattered around too. Some day it'll all get organized but not sure when that'll happen

Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home?
No flower pots but I do have a 2 tiered garden in the backyard with flowering bushes and shrubs. A few tulips come up in the spring too. Out front, there is a rose bush at the side of the driveway and a raised flower bed with a carpet rose bush and other bushes in it. We also have bushes lining the front of the porch so have to get out periodically to shape them and keep them tidy looking. I hate gardening but love how it looks.

What is the favorite room in your home?
My kittle kitchen. I sit on a stool at the counter and watch the birds and squirrels come to the feeders on the back porch. Hubs sits at the little table, does his crosswords and watches the birds too.

How long have you lived where you are now?
It's been almost 23 yrs. I know we'll be moving in the next 2-4 yrs but its so strange to think of it. I feel like I've been here forever. But we'll downsize, move a little further out of town, its just getting too noisy and traffic congested here, it drives us nuts.

Do you know your neighbors?
We know 3 neighbors well and on one side of us, we have new neighbors that just moved in. So far they seem very pleasant, their 2 girls are adorable and they love Taz (of course lol). I'm expecting the little girls to come knocking on our door to play with Taz on the wkends, they have already been asking if they could.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Are you tidy or messy around the house? There are a few exceptions (management of mail, etc), but generally tidy.
  2. Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? Yes, both!
  3. What is the favorite room in your home? I don't think I have one!
  4. How long have you lived where you are now? Since 2012.
  5. Do you know your neighbors? Yes, some more than others.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Generally I'm tidy, sometimes I'll leave something to be done later, but even at our messiest, we're a pretty tidy bunch.

Yes! I love flower pots- I'm just starting to change out the summer annuals (even though I had some annuals come back again this summer!!) into Fall. I just got a gorgeous red mumm for our porch from costco!

hmm. that's tough. I love our house. It's a tie between our master bedroom- we just got new furniture & it's gorgeous, the office- where all this magic happens and the new tv room in the basement that we just finished last winter- the tv is so ginormous- it's fun to watch sports & movies!

We had our house built in 2013- so about 6.5 years now. We lived in the inlaws basement for a year & a half while we figured out where to build! We've been in Spokane (moved from Olympia, WA) since 2011- 8 years.

Yes! A lot of them at least. When we first moved in there was only a handful of houses, so we would get together for block parties & such- now there are about 100 houses, so that doesn't happen as often anymore. We are still close with our immediate neighbors- as in have all their phone numbers & kids play together!
Old 09-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Depends on my mood. I feel like I gave up a long time ago and adopted the "excuse our mess we live here" way of thinking but with most of the kids gone now I am back to a regular routine of cleaning up in the mornings and making it look nice but if I don't feel like it, I just don't. Like today. lol

Inside we dont have many plants because one of our cats is voracious. Seriously. Its irritating lol. But our front porch is filled with green plants (not flowering), seedlings starting to grow and a garden on one side of the house. We love plants!

In this new house, my front porch actually lol. We have chairs, speakers, fridge, fan, etc and I spend most of my time out there honestly. The fan is an industrial kind of one that even makes GA summer bearable out there.

lol we moved in on July 1st Before this we were 2 1/2 years in AL.

Thankfully we cant see anyone out here but there are two people sort of close. We do know them but we don't do friendly neighbor crap. We are move the leave us alone and we will leave you alone type. (Which is good cause one is our landlord lol)
Old 09-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Are you tidy or messy around the house? Tidy, mostly. I have my messy spots but I can't stand them! I was almost perfectly tidy before kids. I always tend to have a desk pile and a laundry to-fold pile. But other than that I keep it organized and the bedrooms are neat. I am a messy person who was trained very well by neat freak parents!

Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? I have a lot of house plants! 5 in my bathroom and 5 in the living area. And not finished yet! We do have a huge yard and I plan to plant more because I LOVE lush planted gardens, but it's too hot to go out and work in the yard now.

What is the favorite room in your home? The dining room. Our dining room is in the front of the house and is brightly sunlit... it has 4 big windows facing the street. We have a big old live oak tree in the front yard and I love sitting at the table with my coffee while the kids do their schoolwork (we homeschool) looking out the windows at the activity outside. The tree always has busy squirrels, birds, and lizards hanging out on it. And it's fun to see neighbors pass by on their bikes or walking dogs. When it's cooler we open the windows and do art at the table, or read. It's a nice spot.

How long have you lived where you are now? We've been in this house a little over 5 years now.

Do you know your neighbors? Yes! I have met the neighbors that surround our house (on our street and behind us) and I'm on first name basis with the neighbors on our street left and right and the houses across the street (so, 8 houses). I also know many people from different parts of the neighborhood who walk by or who we meet when we walk our dog. We are actually very close friends with the neighbors to our immediate left and right. I like to get to know people. The introverts probably avoid walking on my street. LOL

Last edited by YepBrook; 09-06-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It depends on my mood. I haven't been much in the mood to do anything around the house since I broke my wrist. Plus our middle son and his 2 roommates moved back in with us for a few months, so things were shoved aside to make room.

I used to love gardening, but haven't done it in a lot of years. I'm hoping to get back into it once we buy a house again.

Right now my computer is in the dining room in front of windows facing our back yard. I love sitting here and watching the birds & squirrels while I scrap.

We've been here just over 2 years. We moved to Idaho from So Cal where we had lived our whole lives.

We know some on an acquaintance level.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are you tidy or messy around the house? generally tidy.

Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? yes I do have plant pots in the house.

What is the favorite room in your home? I would say, the living room because our couch is really comfy, and the bedroom.

How long have you lived where you are now? a year and a half.

Do you know your neighbors? some, there is a family here that my husband work with the husband, and their kids and my daughter are friends.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are you tidy or messy around the house? I aspire to be tidy, but when other people aren't picking up after themselves, I reach a point where I say "screw it!". Baaaad attitude, I know...

Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? Oh, no - I've tried this in the past, and I wind up with a flower graveyard. I don't just have a black thumb, but two black hands!

What is the favorite room in your home? My studio!

How long have you lived where you are now? We moved in at the very end of last December, so not quite a year.

Do you know your neighbors? We're slowly getting to know them, far more than our neighbors at the house we lived in for 11 years! My husband is on the HOA Board, and we're active in Community Watch, so that's helped. I'm super excited for Halloween - I can't wait to decorate and pass out candy to the kids! Our former neighborhood had a lot of original owners (houses built in 1974) so there were very few families with children...

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 09-06-2019, 07:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a big hot mess in pretty much every aspect of my life... *sigh*

Nope - I have the worst brown thumb, I can't keep them alive.

School room... makes me happy with all the stuff used for learning

15 years in this house... 20 years in the same city...

Not really - I've waved to them, but never talked to them.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Are you tidy or messy around the house? I try to be. It's hard when I work full time, the hubby works full time and the kids are not tidy at all. Then add two dogs and a cat to the mix and it gets complicated. lol

2. Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? My husband has a garden and flower pots outside. I do not.

3. What is the favorite room in your home? Ummm...probably my bedroom.

4. How long have you lived where you are now? We have been in our home since June 2002.

5. Do you know your neighbors? Yes! We have incredible neighbors all around us. We all look out for one another and are all friendly. We've even had bbq's together. We love our neighbors.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Are you tidy or messy around the house? I thrive in clutter. It's all in it's place, but it's not super organized. It's clean though. I do clean, a lot.

2. Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? I have a flower garden in the front of the house and a vegetable garden in the back. I'm a lazy gardener, but it seems to work well for me; I had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year. I can't keep a houseplant alive though.

3. What is the favorite room in your home? Probably the dining room, because that's where my family hangs out together the most. We eat meals, do crafts, and sit and chat at the table.

4. How long have you lived where you are now? 15 years

5. Do you know your neighbors? I do. Not because I interact with them, but because my husband is a chatty extrovert and knows everyone in our cul-de-sac and others throughout the neighborhood. I'll find him standing in the middle of the road with half our neighbors just talking.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you tidy or messy around the house? My house is a mess! I really prefer tidy but I have been dealing with some stuff over the last few years that has meant I either choose health or I choose tidy. Health has won out. Now that I am getting that under control, I can start to work on tidy! I've never been very domestic though. I don't like taking care of a house. I especially hate any and all kitchen chores. If someone blew up my kitchen I'd be perfectly content to not replace it!

Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? I have house plants. The oldest of the bunch I've had for over 18 years. I'm pretty proud to have kept it alive that long!

What is the favorite room in your home? The one that doesn't have a ceiling or walls. I prefer outside my home the most. It is why we bought the place. However, if I had to choose I'd probably pick the living room. The kitchen is my least favorite. At my old house I loved my bedroom. It was at least twice the size of the bedroom we have now. If we ever get the basement finished the family room down there with the fireplace would probably be my winter time favorite.

How long have you lived where you are now? I don't know. Time seems to have no relevance since we moved to the country. We feel like we've lived here forever. I checked the gallery and found an old layout. Looks like we have been here 3.5 years. It really feels like much longer. Our last house we lived for 8 years and it felt so short. So strange.

Do you know your neighbors? What neighbors? Our closest neighbor is 1/4 mile down the road. We can see their barn from our place. We know them a little. We have 3 more neighbors further on down the road and one up around the corner (all of these are over a mile away). We have met them, but only briefly.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Are you tidy or messy around the house? I aspire to be tidy, but when other people aren't picking up after themselves, I reach a point where I say "screw it!". Baaaad attitude, I know...
This! I feel the same way. My kids are 13 and 17. They are nearly adults! If the kids and husband can't pick up after themselves why should I do it? My lab/classroom (Technology/STEM lab) is always very tidy and super well organized. Home... yeah.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you tidy or messy around the house? ummmmmmm.......messy unfortunately. Like Sherri, I’ve chosen health over tidiness at the moment
Do you have a garden or flower pots around your home? nope, no green thumb here
What is the favorite room in your home? none i’m particularly attached to
How long have you lived where you are now? on and off for 23 years - spent 3 1/2 years with other family and 3 months out on my own but the rest of the time here
Do you know your neighbours? I am surrounded by 7 neighbours I think and only really know 2

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 09-07-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:25 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm an obsessively tidy person! Not being tidy makes me a bit bonkers. I organize everything - under the cupboards, my cabinets, my closets. I love it so much that my boyfriend keeps suggesting I start a home organization business.

Always! I rent a condo, but my little porch and steps have flower pots and I do a container garden for a few veggies and herbs as well.

My bedroom. I've created a super zen, relaxing space. Since I'm a single mom to two boys - they've taken over the living room, and I let them have friends over all the time. So I have a little sanctuary I can escape to.

Three years.

Yes! There are five condos here and we all know each other. Last year one of the families gave my boys bikes for Christmas.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 09-07-2019, 10:28 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I want to be a lot tidier than I am. I keep hoping that one day I can just get rid of the clutter everywhere because I can't stand it. I feel like I suck at cleaning - like I just can't ever get the house clean and that frustrates me.

No.. I'm really lazy. I do want to get some plants for the house

Hmm I'm not sure. I don't super love my home. We've been here 14 years and it still doesn't really feel like home

14 years. Guess I should have waited to answer this question

Sigh. On the one side..... they are noisy. They are nice enough people just like to have a lot more fun than we do late at night.... lol. The others are great but their house sold last week. They had been there forever and ever. I'm a little nervous about who might be moving in. I hope it's a quiet family
Old 09-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I try to keep things picked up, but we tend to have clutter. It is so much better now that we only have one kid at home.

I have hanging baskets on my porch out front and a flowering plant by the door. I'm not as good as I should be about picking off the dead flowers, so they are looking a little edgy right now =)

Probably my office - it has a door that I close if I need some introvert time.

20+ years - moved here when my oldest was 1 - my younger 3 have lived here their whole lives

We are lucky to have had the same great neighbors on one side the entire time we have lived here - the other side have been here for 15+ years. Not much turnover in our immediate area other than the people who moved in a couple of years ago across the street and that was a win because they have boys the same age as my youngest =)
Old 09-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm the clean one, so is my son (for the most part). The rest of the family hoard so they are/can be quite messy.

No, I have a black thumb. No plants for us, unless it's someone's birthday, then we get flowers at Sams where they last for 10+ days on our kitchen table.

Currently, none of them. I don't like any rooms in this house. They all too small, too cluttered, too dark or have that moldy/southern smell.

Signed the lease July 1 of this year and got our goods later that week. Still unpacking, trying to find places for all of our stuff since there's no shelving/storage in this house.

I'm doing pretty good. Just the other day, four of us neighbors sat in our driveway chatting while our kiddos played in the street and at the playground. I might not know/remember their names yet but I know which kid/parent/car belongs to which house.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ummmm... I try to be. For the most part, but I do hate cleaning.

I have some flower beads and pots. I would like to do a raised garden with some veggies in it. someday....

Not really a room... my back patio and back yard. We did the patio last year and I absolutely love being out here everyday.
If I have to pick a room, probably my play room. It's a fun colorful place for my little to hang, play and learn in.

15 1/2 years. We moved in when I was pregnant with number 4.

Oh yes!! Several of my neighbors littles have been through my child care. I knew three neighbors before we moved in, from my daughters preschool and dance class. And now I am happy to say some of my neighbors are my best friends, my kiddos call them their other mom and dad, their kiddo is my number 5.... I've had him with me since 2012 when he was 5 months old.... and we are back yard neighbors!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow