Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2017, 08:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default WINTER BREAK IS FINALLY OVER! WOOHOO!

My daughter goes back to school tomorrow!

I mean... I will miss her sooo much. Whatever will I do without her here with me?!

Old 01-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG - that is so late! I feel for you! Cheyanne went back last Tuesday and even though she is a teen and entertains herself I'm glad to be back to the routine.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are back to "normal" tomorrow too!!
Old 01-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

here too! i've been sick with a cold this past week and it's been cold outside so we haven't really done ANYTHING. Today was the first day that lucas started really going stir crazy though.. hallelujah for school
Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My parents have been on vacation and I've been dog sitting and my 14 year old sister has been here... They went home tonight, Teddy is asleep, and Colby is at poker. I AM IN HEAVEN! The house is so quite and I feel like I can just be.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I can't believe you have a sister that is the same age (or around) as my daughter marla.. lol
Old 01-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! We went back last week, and it seems like forever since break! LOL Wish we were just going back tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We started back on Tuesday (and got called with a sick child less than an hour into the day...sigh), and I was soooooooooo beyond ready. Winter is tough and it was SO super cold it's not even like we could go outside and play. And by we, I mean my children. I'm hoping this week we have a full, non-ill week! Wheeee! School time!!!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 01-09-2017, 12:07 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I hear you!! It's our Summer holidays here in Australia and there's 3 weeks to go (not that I'm counting or anything ;P). My eldest starts school and he's soooo ready for the mental stimulation and being around other children his own age again (his preschool finished 3 weeks ago).

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 01-09-2017, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We went back to school last Tuesday & that day came with a 2 hour delay start...which ended up making Lola's kindergarten get cancelled so I let Rian stay home. And now we have a 4 day weekend coming up this week with the girls missing Friday & the next Monday. So...we have a few weeks until a full week of school. I'm anxious for us to get back into a routine.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I finally gave in and signed my daughter up for preschool. Starting tomorrow I'll have about 3-4 hours where there'll be NO KIDS at home. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself!

Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're halfway through our summer break too - 3 weeks to go. And I DO NOT want it to end.... as that means I have to go back to work. Kids back at school, all their other activities, routines, etc I'm fine with, I just don't want to be getting up at 4.15am again, commuting, work stuff and having so little time to sleep, relax, etc.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:09 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
We're halfway through our summer break too - 3 weeks to go. And I DO NOT want it to end.... as that means I have to go back to work. Kids back at school, all their other activities, routines, etc I'm fine with, I just don't want to be getting up at 4.15am again, commuting, work stuff and having so little time to sleep, relax, etc.
your summer breaks are short! ours seem to be 9-10 weeks
Old 01-09-2017, 02:03 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Mine go to school tomorrow too. It felt good to have them at home, but it feels good to go back to normal as well!! more time to get things done.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We went back last week. I'd have been happy with a few more weeks off, especially since the end of break means that I have to go back to work, too. I got so much done over break, both scrapping projects and real things on my to do list, that I wanted to keep going. I need to make it through this full week, then we've got a 3-day weekend for MLK Day, a three day work/school week, and another 3-day weekend for Inauguration Day (we're in a suburb of Washington, DC). Though I have a hunch that those 2 weekends there will be a lot more progress made on the scrapping projects than on the real to-do do list...
Old 01-09-2017, 02:35 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We have another month of summer holidays here, then my son heads back to school and my daughter starts attending for the first time. She'll only be going three full days a week, but I don't know what I'm going to do with myself with no kids around even for a day (other than working more :P). My husband's taking the morning off on their first day back - once the kids have been dropped off we're going out to eat, on our own, for the first time since before our son was born almost seven years ago. That is going to be just a little bit surreal! (we've seriously had no child-free time, together, these past seven years, other than the last 1.5 hours of labour before my daughter was born. Thankfully my kids are awesome and I enjoy their company a lot, haha)

Last edited by angiepangie; 01-09-2017 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
We have another month of summer holidays here, then my son heads back to school and my daughter starts attending for the first time. She'll only be going three full days a week, but I don't know what I'm going to do with myself with no kids around even for a day (other than working more :P). My husband's taking the morning off on their first day back - once the kids have been dropped off we're going out to eat, on our own, for the first time since before our son was born almost seven years ago. That is going to be just a little bit surreal! (we've seriously had no child-free time, together, these past seven years, other than the last 1.5 hours of labour before my daughter was born. Thankfully my kids are awesome and I enjoy their company a lot, haha)
I know that feeling... my husband and I went to a movie a few months ago for the first time in 10 years (since my first son was born).
Old 01-09-2017, 04:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

In the netherlands school starts today.
they had 2 weeks vacation
Old 01-09-2017, 08:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mine went back today too. It broke my heart to get up so early this morning, lol. And I'm dreading picking up my 8 year old after school. He was like a bear being woken from hibernation this morning, he did NOT want to go to school
Old 01-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I thought my kids went back last Monday. Got up at 5:30 got the kids all ready for school, only to realize break lasted through tues... and wed was an in service day so thurs was to be their first day back - but it snowed so thurs and fri were snow days I am so ready for them being back at school and getting back into routine. It is so nice and quiet here this morning!!
Old 01-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We've been back since last Tuesday! I can't complain too much though since I had over two weeks off during the Christmas break. It was heavenly! Wouldn't you know it though - literally the day before I had to go back to work, I came down with a sore throat/cold thing, and I've been dealing with it ever since. The bf has had pneumonia! I just keep praying my daughter stays healthy. So far, so good.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I can't believe you have a sister that is the same age (or around) as my daughter marla.. lol
I was fourteen when she was born! Ha.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

We've been back since last Wednesday HOWEVER they have today off for an "instructional improvement day" then they are off next Wednesday for MLK day, and that Friday the 20th as well!!!

What the heck!?
Old 01-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We went back on the 4th, but we also got out on Dec. 15, so we had a decent break. I'd have loved a longer one, of course! I love school breaks... means I don't work. �� It will be spring break before we know it and then summer... the year has gone so fast! We have a 12 week summer break here, I love only working 9 months of the year. ☺️
Old 01-10-2017, 08:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I have a brother that is 15. I was 24 when he was born. I watched my mom give birth. Talk about weird.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My kids went back to school today....we already have another day off on Monday. I work though so I wasn't home with them the whole time. Just the few days after Christmas.