Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 04/12

Let's all get to know each other a little better. Here's some fun questions for today.
  1. Do you wear any makeup or skin care products?
  2. Do you wear glasses/sunglasses?
  3. What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance?
  4. Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads?
Old 04-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I don't often wear makeup anymore but each morning I always apply an essential oil blend that I mix. Then I apply moisturizer. I try to remember to put on sunscreen when I go out but half the time I forget.

2. I wear glasses for reading and have a few pairs stashed around the house (in the bedroom, beside my chair in the living room and in the kitchen). For my office, I have a prescription pair of what they call office readers (magnifies med and short distance) which I love. I find my eyes don't get tired so much now after hours on the computer (I work at home doing medical transcription).

3. Right now it is my mini electric foamer that I use to blend collagen and MTC oil into my coffee. If I don't use it my coffee is lumpy which grosses me out. I keep it beside the kitchen tap, behind the coffee maker so it's easily accessible.

4. I have tried to use an online calendar b/c I think its such a great idea to have it synced up to desktop, tablet and phone but....I fail at keeping it current. I do use a notepad app on my phone for jotting down notes and grocery lists. On my desk I always have ideas/lists written down. My desktop is never clean.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? I wear sunscreen on my face every day and I wear make up most days. I have very dark circles under my eyes and an uneven skin tone, so I feel more confident with make up. I wish I had better skin, I would totally go make up free more often.
Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? Within the last 2 years, I've had to rely on reading glasses. I still have excellent vision for things that are not close up - aw, the joys of aging! I have super duper light sensitive eyes, so I wear sunglasses even on overcast days.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? Good question, there are so many to choose from. We recently got a Breville countertop oven that we use a lot.
Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? I use a combination of tools. Outlook calendar, OneNote and post its at work and a notepad and the reminders app on my Apple products for personal planning.

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 04-12-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
2. I wear glasses for reading and have a few pairs stashed around the house (in the bedroom, beside my chair in the living room and in the kitchen). For my office, I have a prescription pair of what they call office readers (magnifies med and short distance) which I love. I find my eyes don't get tired so much now after hours on the computer (I work at home doing medical transcription).
I have pairs stashed around everywhere too! Bedside table, home office, work office, living room and my purse! I tried a pair of progressives, but I couldn't get used to them.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I have pairs stashed around everywhere too! Bedside table, home office, work office, living room and my purse! I tried a pair of progressives, but I couldn't get used to them.
Sheri - me too. I tried progressives for about 4 mths and gave up. I couldn't work on puzzles as it gave me a headache and had a hard time looking at shelves of groceries, trying to look up and down them. Finally, I went back a few wks ago and they gave me reader lens instead. My hubs has the progressives and loves them.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? Yes, a mish mash of products

2. Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? Glasses - no; Sunglasses are a must (blue eyes)

3. What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? I don't have a favorite utensil but my favorite appliance is our Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer

4. Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? I have a Happy Planner Mini

Old 04-12-2019, 02:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products?
YAAAAAAAS. After years and years of going without, I bit the bullet and started obsessively watching beauty Youtube videos for help. I wear makeup almost every day if I'm leaving the house. I'm not super great at it but a lot better than before. I think it's fun.

Do you wear glasses/sunglasses?

I should wear regular glasses but right now I just have readers from Walgreen's. I love fun sunglasses.

What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance?
I don't use many gadgets in the kitchen. 90% of the meals I make involve a skillet, a saucepan, and/or a baking sheet.

Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads?
I have a Google calendar for and a paper calendar for my desk at work. I also carry around a paper planner but don't use it as much as I should.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? The older I get, the less I wear makeup! I pretty much only wear it on Tuesdays b/c I work in the school that day or if we're going out and about for a family activity or something I might actually take photos for! Lol... otherwise I prefer to leave my skin naked! :P

Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? Yes, sadly. I had LASIK done in 2013 but my eyes have been getting steadily worse. I don't HAVE to wear them (as in I'm legal to drive w/o them) but I just prefer them now, especially at night.

What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? Hmm, I guess my KitchenAid Stand Mixer or my Instant Pot. Anything that makes life easier is a favorite thing for sure!

Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? Paper all the way. Mostly I just scribble on looseleaf. I have had various clipboards hanging on my wall for stuff like notes, one as a big checkbook register, one for my kitty's insulin shot records/timings, etc. I need things out in plain sight or I'll forget about them.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember the last time I wore make up lol, I just use water on my skin and sometimes a bit of moisturiser when it's feeling dry

I always wanted to be told I needed glasses but I never did!

What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? My airfryer! I do want an Instant pot but I don't know how often I would use it.

Just the one on my phone because I am so forgetful.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I rarely wear makeup. I'm lazy and it has made my face break out at times.

I wear glasses. Progressive lenses. I bit the bullet and got bifocals at 38. Seems so much easier to wear all the time vs on and off like I see so many people doing.

LOVE my kitchenmaid stand mixer.

I use my iPhone calendar so I can make appointments when I am out. And set reminders so I don't forget things. I do have a notebook for some notes, but I also keep grocery and to do lists on my phone.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you wear any makeup or skin care products?
    No make up for me. I dropped wearing it after I realized my husband then boyfriend didn't really care for it. Thank you!! I do moisturize though because I have dry skin otherwise (but oily in certain spots)
  2. Do you wear glasses/sunglasses?
    No eye glasses even though I feel like I can't see as far as I used to.
    Sunglasses even if it's just a bright sky while driving.
  3. What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance?
    Ever since I bought my Vitamix I think it's been my favorite appliance. Although I do love my KitchenAid mixer and my waffle maker and crock pot and ice cream maker and jam maker... lol
  4. Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads?
    I've never been able to use an online calendar. I like my small planner that can fit in my wallet that way it's easy access all the time when I'm out and about. And I have a big wall dry erase calendar for so I can see our month at once and add things planned for the day.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No... when I do, my hubby asks me who died - haha... funerals, weddings and professional photos are the only time I bust out makeup.

Yes - I have been wearing glasses since I was 10. I had two eye surgeries (to tighten eye muscles when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade... NO ONE will be coming close to cutting into my eyes again...) I'm a rare person, I like wearing glasses... wish they made more fashionable sunglasses that go over glasses - getting prescription sunglasses is way too expensive for me.

hmm... I guess my gas stove... I love cooking with gas.

I use Cozi to keep track of appointments... and I can't live without my alarms set on my iphone reminding me when to leave for said appointments.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yep. I have dark circles under my eyes and blond eyelashes, so I wear concealer and mascara every day or I look like a dying, pale lady.

I JUST got my first pair of glasses this week! They're only for reading/computer/up close stuff, and I'm struggling to adjust to them. I know they are helping, but I'm still getting headaches and feeling a bit disoriented. I wear sunglasses all the time, even when it's raining. Super-sensitive to light, I guess.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance?[/B]
I LOVE my appliances! I use all of mine all the time. I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer, my ice cream maker, and my deep fryer the most. And my crock pot. And the milk frother thingy. And the electric kettle! I can't choose just one!

I use lots of notebooks scattered all over the house, one paper planner that I mostly remember to use, and the calendar on my phone because that's where my husband writes down all his stuff.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I used to wear a lot of makeup but now most days it's just mascara & moisturizers. I am a Rodan+Fields consultant just to get my products for cheaper! As I've gotten 'older' I've gone from wearing a lot of makeup & not taking great care of my skin to vice versa- little makeup & good facial products!
I have glasses (I have the babiest prescription for distance- which makes me never wear them to be honest, unless I'm driving or at the theater!) I do have a couple pairs of prescription sunglasses which are life changing- I'll never go back- SO nice for driving & out & about in the sunshine!
Utensil- coated whisk- I use that baby every day!
Appliance- Kitchenaid Mixer I got for my birthday- it's a pretty Tiffany blue & an upgrade from my old one!

Online calendar that syncs to my phone, big old desk calendar mounted in the kitchen cabinet that is LIFE! That's the calendar we live/die by. My desk is a stack of notepads/sticky notes!
Old 04-12-2019, 06:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products?Nope. Lipstick when I'm going somewhere special.

Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? Sunglasses for really sunny days, but most times I forget to wear them.

What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? Hmmm, the refrigerator?! ROFL

Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? Online calendar synced to my phone and hubby's for appointments. Notepads on my desk for daily to-dos. Notes app on my phone for when a poem strikes!

Old 04-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? Makeup is my biggest hobby.... I wear it, collect it, I am drawn to learning about the different brands and companies, I like researching what ingredients are in products (even the ones I don't use) I am just intrigued by the whole industry.
Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? I keep getting checked, but they keep telling me I don't need glasses even though I feel I do. I wear reading glasses at +1.50 sometimes, and currently, have a set of Blue Light Filter glasses on the way. I wear sunglasses sometimes, but I am hard on them, I either, break, lose or forget them altogether.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? My favorite Appliance is definitely my Crockpot(s).... I use them almost daily.
Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? I'm a notepad person.... I have tried planners, but I am just not disciplined enough to remember to use it on the daily.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? Yes every day unless I know that I am not going out. As I age I feel better with wearing the makeup because of the age spots. I am sure that I am not the best at my makeup but I am happy when I have makeup on so that is all good with me

Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? I have progressive biofocals and can't see a thing without my glasses. I also broke down and got biofocal sunglasses as well.

What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? I recently bought a little indoor grill which I love. I really love to make turkey breasts on it

Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? I do have online calendar & note apps
Old 04-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Carrie - I too love my KA mixer, now my daughter wants one too and keeps looking for a sale (we almost never see them on sale around here).

LeeAndra - I love sunglasses too. I have different styles and colors.

Cassie - yes, I too love my IP. I just made soup in it for the first time recently and it was awesome!

Gemma - I love my IP but I also love my air fryer. I get more use out of my IP though.

Cindi - glad you like your progressives. I tried but couldn't adjust to them, wish I could have though.

Lea - I've been coveting a vitamix for ages. I have a waffle maker and have been thinking of getting it out to try some low carb waffle recipes.

Reba - I like cooking with gas too, rather than electric.

Ally - my eyes are super sensitive and wear sunglasses a lot. Hope you get used to the reading glasses, it should help to take fatigue and strain off your eyes. Give it time, hopefully it will get better. I love my electric frother.

Amie - how cool to get a blue KA mixer, mine is just plain old white.

Kiana - lipstick is one thing I never wear. I wear a lip conditioner but no color to it.

Jenn - I used to wear a ton of makeup and should have owned stock in Sephora I too am interested in the ingredients and science behind makeup/skincare products.

Debbie - I have a George Foreman indoor grill but I haven't used it in ages. I should get it out b/c it makes the best grilled chicken, so much moister than on the BBQ outside.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products?ALWAYS. Even if I'm just staying at home. I started taking care of my skin last year, and I am really good about applying skincare. Plus, I'm from the south and my momma taught me that southern women don't leave the house without makeup.
Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? I wear reading glasses (unless I'm using my kindle, and then I don't need them.) and I always wear sunglasses because i live on the equator and it's always sunny.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? I hate the kitchen. But my MIL got me this little handheld food chopper, and I use it all the time to make veggies small enough that no one notices them.
Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? Yes! I just started utilizing online planning this year, and it's been a lifesaver. I use my google calendar, a reminder app & a to-do list to keep me on track.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? I use Youth to the People skincare products and mostly Burt's Bees makeup products (I'm SUPER sensitive to any chemicals in skin stuff so I'm really careful)
Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? Glasses and/or contacts since childhood except for when I had lasik. After I hit a certain age, it was back to glasses.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? Utensils - silicone spatulas, appliances - either the KitchenAid or the combo toaster/toaster oven
Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? At work - Google calendar, a Rocket Notebook (thanks for the suggestion Juli) and post-it notes (like Sheri), at home a paper calendar for scrappy social media, spreadsheets, Evernote and Google calendars.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? [B]Hmmm, the refrigerator?! ROFL
That cracks me up! You make a good point!
Old 04-12-2019, 11:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Sheri - me too. I tried progressives for about 4 mths and gave up. I couldn't work on puzzles as it gave me a headache and had a hard time looking at shelves of groceries, trying to look up and down them. Finally, I went back a few wks ago and they gave me reader lens instead. My hubs has the progressives and loves them.
They told me when I got them it takes a couple weeks, but I haven't managed to have the stamina to get that far. If you tried for 4 months, you definitely gave yourself ample time! When I turn my head everything looks distorted and I just haven't gotten used to having to look through a specific part of a lease to see things. It gives me a headache. I feel bad because they were ridiculously expensive since I thought I'd be wearing them 100% of the time, so I got all of the bells and whistles - nice frames, anti-glare, the ones that turn to sunglasses, etc ... I don't have a strong enough RX to buy drugstore reading glasses, so I always have to get them through an optometrist. I'm going to start ordering them online. I really hate having to take them on and off. Drives me nuts!
Old 04-13-2019, 09:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? Yes
Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? Sunglasses. I had Lasik about 10 years ago.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? My tea kettle for my pour over coffee
Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? All!!
Old 04-13-2019, 10:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
That cracks me up! You make a good point!
LOL

Old 04-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? Yes - always rose essential oil blend with moisturizer and sunscreen. Makeup when I work.

Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? I wear contacts with cheater glasses for reading an I ALWAYS wear sunglasses (even on cloudy days) because I was diagnosed with early onset macular degeneration in my mid 40s.

What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? My rice cooker for cooking lentils and rice.

Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? I use the calendar on my phone, a book planner, and notepads. I also have a dry erase board on my fridge so I can write a running grocery list and then I take a photo with my phone when I go shopping.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I also have a dry erase board on my fridge so I can write a running grocery list and then I take a photo with my phone when I go shopping.

That’s a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Do you wear any makeup or skin care products? I wear La Roche Posay skin care mostly for my face and do make up every now and then, whenever I feel like it.
Do you wear glasses/sunglasses? Glasses girl here ever since I was 15. I hope one day I'd be able to do lasik and wear fashionable sunglasses. I tried wearing contacts, but my eyes are too dry for them, so I gave up.
What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? Utensil: my le creuset cast iron wok that hubby just bought a few week ago. Appliance: rice cooker.
Do you use an online calendar, planner or use notepads? I am old school and love my post-it notes.