Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 04/19

Let's all get to know each other a little more. Here's some fun questions to answer....
  1. When was the last time you took a photo? What was it?
  2. Do you have a time saving tip?
  3. What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one?
  4. Do you have a phrase/word you often say?
Old 04-19-2019, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I took a few photos of my tulips which finally bloomed a few days ago. I can't wait to scrap with them. I only have a couple left in the garden but I am always thrilled each spring when they bloom.

2. One tip is to multi-task but not overdo it. I often do two things at once but if I try to do too many, I get distracted, I get confused on what I'm focusing on....so 2 things at a time works like a charm for me. For instance, while waiting for my computers to boot up in the morning, I step into the laundry room and fold or organize for 2-3 minutes and then step back into my office and sit down to get started on my work day.

3. We live near quite a few restaurants and we don't go often but I do love White Spot. They have the best burgers and salads around here IMO.

4. I am know to always say "awesome" lol. So does a good friend of ours so we are always laughing at each other as we say it over and over. My other often said word is a bad one "sh#t"....I know I could say worse things but still, I do say that more than I should.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? This morning. My sweet Milo's face while snoozing on my lap.

2. Do you have a time saving tip? Ummm...no...lol

3. What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? Toledo's....it's my favorite Mexican restaurant. I always have albondigas and their chili colorado burrito....mmmmmmmmmm

4. Do you have a phrase/word you often say? I'll have to ask my kids.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Carrie - I had to google that dish and it sounds really good. I printed out a recipe and am going to make some in my instant pot. I've got some leftover mint so this will be a good way to use it up. Thx for sharing that.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1. When was the last time you took a photo? What was it?
    Just now. Of my girls who geared up to go play in the rain on the back deck.
  2. Do you have a time saving tip?
    hmm no... or just do everything as it's required now so you don't have to go back to it later
  3. What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one?
    nothing yet as we are in a new city. I used to have one in Tacoma. It was called The Table and they were a bit fancy but reasonably priced. There was also Marzano which was an authentic italian restaurant and they made their own pasta.
  4. Do you have a phrase/word you often say?
    god dammit!
    pardon me, lol I swear a lot these days.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Carrie - I had to google that dish and it sounds really good. I printed out a recipe and am going to make some in my instant pot. I've got some leftover mint so this will be a good way to use it up. Thx for sharing that.
it does sound delicious! I keep thinking I need one of those Instant Pots, just haven't made the plunge yet.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? Lunch time. My son with his lunch
Do you have a time saving tip? Nope
What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? Wurst Bier Hall
Do you have a phrase/word you often say? Lately I keep telling my son to stop being dramatic.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
it does sound delicious! I keep thinking I need one of those Instant Pots, just haven't made the plunge yet.
I can definitely recommend the instant pot. It is so easy and fast to use.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hope you like it, Rae!

We've had our IP for over two years. We've used it twice. My hubby likes to cook so the IP takes all of the fun out of it for him. He'd rather just stand by the stove. lol

Old 04-19-2019, 07:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? Mountains yesterday
Do you have a time saving tip? Don't get a facebook account
What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? we don't really have a local restaurant. you should all feel bad for me. we have a golf course restaurant that serves chinese but chinese food makes me sick, we have a bar and then a pizza place. I haven't had anything local in a really long time though.
Do you have a phrase/word you often say? sorry. LOL :P
Old 04-19-2019, 08:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it?I've been the WORST about photos lately. We went to a waterpark on Thursday, and I didn't take a single photo. Yesterday, on Good Friday, I snapped a photo of a procession of people walking down the road following a guy carrying a huge cross. You can't really see the cross because I was across the street and they were moving out of my line of vision, but I love capturing little things like this that never happen where I'm from!
Do you have a time saving tip? This is not my gifting. But recently I bought little bitty containers, and I've been chopping up the veggies for my breakfast one day and splitting them into the different containers so that when I'm making breakfast, the veggies are ready.
What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? We almost never eat out, but there is a cute little restaurant near us that sells salad & soup we love called Twistea.
Do you have a phrase/word you often say? "Am I the only one in this house who knows how to __________________???" Insert phrases like "shut the cabinet doors", "flush the toilet", "look for stuff"
Old 04-19-2019, 08:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? we don't really have a local restaurant. you should all feel bad for me. we have a golf course restaurant that serves chinese but chinese food makes me sick, we have a bar and then a pizza place. I haven't had anything local in a really long time though.
Kristin, does this mean you like COOK all the time? Every.single.day. No respite??
Old 04-19-2019, 08:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it?
about an hour ago - photo of Keto 90 second bread, topped with chopped strawberries and whipped cream... first "strawberry shortcake" of the season.

Do you have a time saving tip?
Delegate... kiddo is old enough now that I can get him to do stuff for me... haha

What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one?
The best tacos (that could be in a northern state, haha) - Lindo Michoacan Authentic Mexican Restaurant... hole in the wall place

Do you have a phrase/word you often say?
FOCUS! (this to my son... I must say this at least 50 times a day)
Old 04-19-2019, 10:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? This afternoon. I took some photos of the trees blooming on our street. I was so happy to come home to spring!!

Do you have a time saving tip? Don't open FB if you want to be productive. LOL!

What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? I love a restaurant near us called Kahootz. It's a small steak place that is not overpriced and has wonderful food. Their bread pudding is TO.DIE.FOR! I don't eat steak often, but if I'm in a steak mood and can't afford Chandlers (another AMAZING local steak restaurant that is VERY pricey), then Kahootz is it.

Do you have a phrase/word you often say? I probably use "awesome" way too much! LOL!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Kristin, does this mean you like COOK all the time? Every.single.day. No respite??
Yes. We do get things like deli BBQ chickens and such though. I don't actually like eating at restaurants so it isn't a big loss for me (the whole chewing thing lol).
Old 04-19-2019, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
3. What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? Toledo's....it's my favorite Mexican restaurant. I always have albondigas and their chili colorado burrito....mmmmmmmmmm
Carrie, albondigas is one of my hubby's favorites. I have no idea why I never learned how to make it... I was probably intimidated by his mom's cooking! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I get sick when I eat Chinese food, too! I thought it was just me.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:07 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? two nights ago, of my sleeping son.
Do you have a time saving tip? Try to plan ahead, but if you can't, improvise depending on the situation. Is that too vague?
What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? There is a Yunnan restaurant across the street of the community we live in, that's one of my favourites.
Do you have a phrase/word you often say? Hao-Hao! (My son's Chinese name )
Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I get sick when I eat Chinese food, too! I thought it was just me.
Tell me about being sick of Chinese food... I live in China and I'm sick of the food. Fun, huh?
Old 04-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Last night I took a photo of a fresh flower arrangement

Ditto on Facebook being a time sucker - stay away!

We love Table 6, a local restaurant. I LOVE their goat cheese salad with grilled chicken. And if I'm blowing my diet their hot pretzel appetizer is amazing
Lately I've been saying something Tim Hawkins, a Christian comedian said when we saw him. "That sucketh. (That's the King James version)"
Old 04-20-2019, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Reba - genius way to use the keto bread. I never thought of making strawberry shortcake with it. I am going to get some coconut whipped cream and make some (already got lots of strawberries). I've toasted the bread and put fried eggs overtop or peanut butter but never throught of a dessert for it before. Thx for sharing that.

Tammy - love the name of that restaurant!

Sherly - you might be sick of chinese food but I bet you have access to so many interesting foods that we don't get here in Canada.

Cindi - goat cheese salad...yum. I just got some goat marbled cheese and am going to make a BLT salad this wkend. I don't eat dairy so goat, sheep or buffalo cheese is all I eat.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Tell me about being sick of Chinese food... I live in China and I'm sick of the food. Fun, huh?
ROFL!! Funny story along those lines...
My husband's parents came to the US from Mexico before he was born. One day we were trying to decide on a place to go for dinner. I was rattling off types of food: Japanese, Italian, etc. He said he thought Mexican food sounded good. I replied that we had Mexican food for lunch, so I didn't think that he would want it for dinner.

He looked at me with a very straight face and said, "Tam, I'm Mexican. I had Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner growing up."

All I could do was laugh!! The thought had never occurred to me that he grew up differently than I had
Old 04-20-2019, 03:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? This morning, me and my new haircut!
Do you have a time saving tip? Multitask and don't check your phone when you hear that FB/IG notification
What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? We've got a few, we ate breakfast at one today, Red Geranium
Do you have a phrase/word you often say? Hmm I have lots. Whatever. Yassss. come to mind first though

Old 04-20-2019, 03:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? Yesterday and it was a beautiful pink blooming tree on my walk. I have been trying to take a photo each day so I need to get busy coming up with something to take my photo of.

Do you have a time saving tip? Plan -- I don't plan as much here at home but I am a big planner at work. I write down each day at the end of work day what I need to do for the next day.

What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? I guess the local restaurant would be Skyline Chili. It is a different type of chili over spaghetti.
However my favorite restaurant overall is Texas Roadhouse

Do you have a phrase/word you often say? Teddy where are you?
That is when I can't find the dog and that is normally because he has went behind the sofa
Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? I've taken multiple photos today ... first of my littlest dude doing an Easter egg hunt, then of samples at tile, flooring, countertop and appliance showrooms and lastly at a birthday party
Do you have a time saving tip?This may sound odd, but almost everything I do is with time saving in mind. It's just the way I think. I don't skimp, but I definitely think about efficiency. My best advice is to do things right when they come up, it's a huge time suck to have to revisit a task.
What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one?There are so many to choose from! For Indian food, I l love India Bistro, for Cuban food I love Mojitos, for Mexican, I love Rositas and on and on ...
Do you have a phrase/word you often say? I love you
Old 04-21-2019, 04:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you took a photo? What was it? This morning, the kids eating their Easter chocolate for breakfast lol.

Do you have a time saving tip? Apart from planning things in advance then no.

What is a fave local restaurant, do you have one? It's an Indian restaurant, around 10 mins walk away, I usually get the food to takeaway more than I care to admit

Do you have a phrase/word you often say? That's lame, you're gross, christ on a bike.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
ROFL!! Funny story along those lines...
My husband's parents came to the US from Mexico before he was born. One day we were trying to decide on a place to go for dinner. I was rattling off types of food: Japanese, Italian, etc. He said he thought Mexican food sounded good. I replied that we had Mexican food for lunch, so I didn't think that he would want it for dinner.

He looked at me with a very straight face and said, "Tam, I'm Mexican. I had Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner growing up."

All I could do was laugh!! The thought had never occurred to me that he grew up differently than I had
Hahaha... I really LOL-ed reading this, Tammy!
I grew up on Chinese food, too, back home in Indonesia, but, here in Beijing, the style of cooking are quite different from the Chinese food we have back at home or, in fact, the rest of the world. The worldwide-known Chinese food are mostly coming from Southern China and Hong Kong.
The Northern Chinese food are greasier and saltier. They eat buns and dumplings a lot and add vinegar and soy sauce to lots of things. It was interesting to learn at the beginning, but, not liking vinegar to begin with made it so hard for me haha...
Old 04-21-2019, 03:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Hahaha... I really LOL-ed reading this, Tammy!
I grew up on Chinese food, too, back home in Indonesia, but, here in Beijing, the style of cooking are quite different from the Chinese food we have back at home or, in fact, the rest of the world. The worldwide-known Chinese food are mostly coming from Southern China and Hong Kong.
The Northern Chinese food are greasier and saltier. They eat buns and dumplings a lot and add vinegar and soy sauce to lots of things. It was interesting to learn at the beginning, but, not liking vinegar to begin with made it so hard for me haha...
It would be hard not having the foods that you've grown up with and really enjoy. I'm not a fan of vinegar either, so it sounds like I wouldn't enjoy that type of food either!

Is it easy to find ingredients to make the foods you like, or are you choices more regional?

One nice thing here is that in most bigger cities at least, we can find all different types of foods for eating out and for ingredients. The one thing I really miss here in ID is sushi. We're a "landlocked" state, so I still haven't found a place that I like. That's one of the things I eat a lot of when I'm visiting CA!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:29 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Is it easy to find ingredients to make the foods you like, or are you choices more regional?

One nice thing here is that in most bigger cities at least, we can find all different types of foods for eating out and for ingredients. The one thing I really miss here in ID is sushi. We're a "landlocked" state, so I still haven't found a place that I like. That's one of the things I eat a lot of when I'm visiting CA!
Being in such a gigantic city, we do have lots of varieties of food to eat out there, however, being far from the city centre and CBD, where most expatriates live, the choices to eat near/around our home are mostly local food, unless you want to feed on KFC and McD
I do manage to find some simple ingredients to cook the food I usually eat in the supermarket/market near our home, but beyond simple stir fries that it's a bit hard, since I am not so fluent in reading Chinese yet. I am learning, but it's a long long road and my husband is not helping either! He's clueless about spices and stuffs.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Our favorite local Chinese place is actually Northern Chinese. My favorite item is the Grandma Noodles which is quite spicy and the owner's actual grandma's recipe
Old 04-22-2019, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Late to the party...
Few minutes ago of my dog sunbathing

2 words- ROBOT VACUUM - My best friend- ours is Robbie & he can sweep our floors while I do laundry, dishes or whatever I want (like scrapbook!)

Oh man, I have quite a few- we are GREAT restaurants all within 30mins max drive. Just down the road is a great hole in the wall we love for easy dinners! But overall, my favorite would be Twigs bar/bistro

Do you have a phrase/word you often say? I say 'like' too often or even 'know what!?' lol!
Old 04-22-2019, 04:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I took a bunch of Easter photos yesterday.

Do you have a time-saving tip?
Don't sleep very much at night & you can get way more done?

What is a fave local restaurant?
My new fave local restaurant just shut down due to the owner's legal issues from a former employer. I'm so bummed. I guess my next favorite would be a local pizza place. It's expensive & they don't deliver but boy, is it good!

I say 'Scoot your boot!' (Move your butt!) all the time to my littlest when I'm trying to get him in & out of the car. I am constantly telling my children 'We don't stand up like cows to eat!' and 'Hurry up means go fast!'
Old 04-22-2019, 07:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Being in such a gigantic city, we do have lots of varieties of food to eat out there, however, being far from the city centre and CBD, where most expatriates live, the choices to eat near/around our home are mostly local food, unless you want to feed on KFC and McD
I do manage to find some simple ingredients to cook the food I usually eat in the supermarket/market near our home, but beyond simple stir fries that it's a bit hard, since I am not so fluent in reading Chinese yet. I am learning, but it's a long long road and my husband is not helping either! He's clueless about spices and stuffs.
I would be so lost! I couldn't imagine living somewhere that I wasn't fluent in the language. You are so brave!!
Old 04-22-2019, 07:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Oh man, I have quite a few- we are GREAT restaurants all within 30mins max drive. Just down the road is a great hole in the wall we love for easy dinners! But overall, my favorite would be Twigs bar/bistro
We have a Twigs bar/bistro here in Meridian. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:34 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Our favorite local Chinese place is actually Northern Chinese. My favorite item is the Grandma Noodles which is quite spicy and the owner's actual grandma's recipe
My husband loves spicy noodles too. I prefer the beef soup noodles here, because I don't eat spicy food.