Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapping Outside the Home

Do you ever?

I have only digi scrapped at home or at our trailer in the summer. but for the first time since switching from paper to digi scrapping, I signed up for a crafting day that I happened upon through FB, it was at a local church yesterday, so decided to bring some (old) paper scrapping supplies to maybe work on some cards which I keep thinking about getting into again (mostly b/c I want to do it with Bailey). But I wasn't feeling very enthused Friday night as I was packing up supplies to bring with me Sat morning so instead I decided to bring my old laptop and see if there was somewhere to plug in and I could digi scrap. So glad I decided to do that. I got to the event, found out that the group is run by a woman I know from yrs ago and I knew 3 of the scrappers from when we all used to scrap together at weekly crops at a local scrap store (back in my paper scrap days). The others were all very friendly, all ages and some weren't even scrapping, they were doing other types of crafts. So I stayed for almost the whole 12 hr crafting day and am going to start going to their monthly craft day. It was slow and I found it hard to scrap on a small laptop rather than my big double screens at home, but it was so much fun to hang out with other crafters and spend hrs chatting away and having fun. I am going out again today so my 3 challenge pages will have to wait until tomorrow to get uploaded but I just transferred them to my PC and they'll be ready for me to resize and load tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I scrap from my phone so I scrap EVERYWHERE
Old 04-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I even took a desktop to a scrap weekend once! I now have a laptop so don't need to do that, but hey, my desktop was still smaller than the "stuff" paper scrappers had to bring!
I also used to scrap at the ski resort every Friday when my kid were in a ski club. Once they got old enough to drive I don't go with them anymore though!
Old 04-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I take my laptop on vacation and scrap. I have never been a to a scrap meet up but I have considered it.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No, without having a working laptop, I'm stuck at home scrapping. Perhaps after we sell this house, I'll be able to get a laptop for all those on-the-road trips, waiting in the doctors office weekly, etc. But for now...nope. Just scrapping at home.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:09 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I scrap almost everywhere I go...I never leave home without my laptop...however, I only scrap when I have time where I am at....Once I took it to LA on a planned Disneyland weekend...my daughter ended up with food poisoning and we spent all day on Saturday in the room...I scrapped all day...so thankful I had my laptop with me

Old 04-15-2019, 02:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a laptop but I prefer scrapping inside the house. Scrapping in other places is too distracting for me.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sometimes take my laptop with me while my Son is at Karate and do some scrrapping if A- I have stuff picked out and already on my laptop to work with , and B - I have nothing else planned for that time so I have time to kill (I usually bring the dog and take him for a long walk, OR that's when I do my grocery shopping).
Old 04-15-2019, 08:29 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

The only place outside home I scrapped was my parents' home. I don't do it any more because I have no laptop now.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Unless I have lesson planning to do, I scrap every Thursday morning at the YMCA waiting for my son's swimming lessons to finish... some weeks that is all the scrapping I can get done.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a laptop, but think it would be too distracting for me. I know on vacations I could never, and I don't like lugging even a purse with me, so I'm not about to bring a laptop to doctor appts etc.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to go to Starbucks every Wednesdays before our cross country move. My girls were in daycare for 3 hours and that was my Mommy time. I don't get that anymore.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

While waiting to board out flight out of O'Hare last year, I pulled out my laptop and scrapped a page and started another.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I always bring my laptop on vacation. We usually have a decent amount of downtime when I can scrap, especially after the kids go to sleep. Once in a while I'll scrap at Starbucks, but I don't get that chance often. I digiscrapped at a crop once, years ago. I liked it, but I never hear about crops anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2019, 08:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have gone to several digital scrapping meet-ups and a digital scrapping conference before so yes, definitely.

Recently my mom and I have started going to a crop a couple hours from here that's held at the end of January or beginning of February every year. We drive over early Saturday morning and spend about 10-11 hours scrapping, stay the night in a nearby hotel, and drive back in the morning. I purposely don't ask for the WiFi password so I don't get distracted with shiny Internet things. I believe I got 12 pages done this past year!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE scrap meet-ups and take my laptop when I do them.

I always take my laptop when I'm traveling, but I'm not the best at scrapping without my 2 big monitors. I have very good intentions, but they don't always translate into scrapping!