Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-14-2019, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Spring?

I have been a little bummed about how slow spring is coming to Northern Ohio. The spring/garden prompts are kind of discouraging because we can't plant anything for another month outside here. We just have buds and daffodils this week.

Then I saw that the midwest got hit with snow. I'm sorry! What season are y'all having this week where you are?

Old 04-14-2019, 05:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Down here in southern Ohio/Northern Kentucky (I live about 45 minutes south of Cincinnati) we are getting 60-70 temps. We are expecting some strong storms to blow through today.

Most of the tulips/daffodils are up and already bloomed.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We are having Spring, Summer and then Fall--all in one day.
Seriously, it was snowing Sat and today it's in the 60's.

But that's Colorado for you....I'd rather snow than the heat/humidity that I know we are getting in the next couple of months when we move.

Planting here - they say to NEVER plant until after Mother's Day. So there's quite a wait for people who want to plant things here. And then you get to deal with protecting whatever you've planted from the softball sized hail!!
Old 04-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in NE Ohio also. Last week was 60s except Wednesday for my DD's track meet. Of course, it was 40s that day. Brrrr!!!
Old 04-14-2019, 08:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

depends on what hour of the day you ask. hahaha
Old 04-14-2019, 08:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Middle of autumn - the most beautiful weather we get all year in my opinion - warm sunny days (about mid 20s celsius) and evenings/early mornings that are coolish enough that you may (or may not) need a light jacket.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Over here on the East Coast it is like Mother Nature is toying with us..... giving us spring like: "Here you go.....just kidding. Here you go.......just kidding." This week we are back to having Spring.... things have warmed up a little, and the days are alternating between Sun and rain. Last week we had a Snow storm, big enough to send the kids home early from school one day, and then cancel it the next (it really wasn't anything big, but since it's spring, the plows are on bare bones crew now, so it was slow going cleaning the roads up).

My youngest and I just planted out seeds indoors yesterday..... that's as far as we get to go with out planting until mid June, when it is finally safe to move the little guys outside. It definiately is making it hard to take new photos, and come up with something to do for a couple of challenges.... oh well, that just means we need to get extra creative is all
Old 04-15-2019, 06:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Spring is here in Belgium!
It was cold in the weekend, but temperatures are getting higher this week. I have a few days off from work at the end of the week and I'm hoping to put on a short or summer dress.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I woke up to snow covered everything this morning!
Old 04-15-2019, 07:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Michigan Cindi, so I feel your pain. It snowed all day yesterday and a bit more through the night here. (Near Grand Rapids) So we've got a wintery looking day, no spring in sight. UGH!!!!!

Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

It's been more like winter than spring here in Beijing until today. It got to 26 Celcius and it's supposed to get warmer from here on each day now. So here is finger crossing for Spring to really be here.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We get glimpses of Spring and then rain! No more rain please!
Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Baltimore and we had a thunderstorm last night. So loud that it woke me up even with my sound machine on.
It's sunny right now and very much like Spring.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Spring is starting to get a toe-hold on the weather scene here finally. The trees are starting to turn green and lots of buds are emerging. But we've had a lot of rain these last few weeks which has kept the temps lower than usual. We had a week of 70° weather and then last week it was back down to 50-60ish during the day b/c of the rain. I'm glad to have longer days now, so when I take Taz out for his walk around dinnertime, it's still light out. I'm anxious for the flowers to bloom. I have a few tulips in the garden which should bloom any day now.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our weather/temps have been up and down! But we haven't gotten any of the snow that other parts of MI (and CO, and MN and ND) have all gotten! We have gone from nice and warm one day (60-70's) to cool/cold the next day (30-40's). I know spring has to be right around the corner, unfortunately, I think we just keep going around in circles!
Old 04-15-2019, 04:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm in NE Ohio also. Last week was 60s except Wednesday for my DD's track meet. Of course, it was 40s that day. Brrrr!!!
OF COURSE it was 40s for the track meet!!
Old 04-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, it seems that we are all having ups and downs and surprises in the weather, which I guess, is normal, as much as we'd prefer temperatures to be steady!
I had to laugh today. A friend said "55 degrees? I can deal with that. I'm Canadian. That's 70 degrees with the exchange rate!" Too funny!
A sense of humor helps!!

Old 04-15-2019, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

At lunchtime today I looked out the kitchen window and....finally....my 4 tulips have bloomed. That's all that's left in my garden, just four tulips. Every year I think about planting a few more but then I forget. Plus, they don't stay in bloom long so I guess just having the four is ok I did race out there with my camera and snapped a few pics to scrap.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We're in our very short stretch of spring right now. I'm in a suburb of Washington, DC, and we tend to jump into summer way too quickly. We've had mostly 70's recently--some days have even been warm enough for shorts. By May we'll probably be having hot summer weather.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It was in the 50s for a few days last week & then yesterday was upper 30s with rain & wind.

Of course, that was the day I stood outside for 45 minutes in line to get into Pete's presidential rally + then stood for 3 1/2 hours inside a drafty drippy (literally rain dripping on me every so often) old warehouse. I was shoulder-to-shoulder with the people next to me and STILL cold. It started hailing as I was walking the 4 blocks back to my car & snowed once I got home.

Since I didn't have to be outside at all today, it was nearly 50 and sunny.

I think it's supposed to start warming up this week (though, as usual, it will be cold & overcast Saturday when we have an outdoor Easter egg hunt at a nearby church).
Old 04-16-2019, 12:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're in the middle of autumn here too. The mornings have just started to be quite crisp, and we've added an extra blanket to the beds.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Over here on the East Coast it is like Mother Nature is toying with us..... giving us spring like: "Here you go.....just kidding. Here you go.......just kidding." This week we are back to having Spring.... things have warmed up a little, and the days are alternating between Sun and rain. Last week we had a Snow storm, big enough to send the kids home early from school one day, and then cancel it the next (it really wasn't anything big, but since it's spring, the plows are on bare bones crew now, so it was slow going cleaning the roads up).
^^^^ This for us too - it totally sucks! Rain all week this week. I have a little pot of pansies I planted because I NEEDED to play in dirt somehow and the ground is too wet and cold.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
We're in our very short stretch of spring right now. I'm in a suburb of Washington, DC, and we tend to jump into summer way too quickly. We've had mostly 70's recently--some days have even been warm enough for shorts. By May we'll probably be having hot summer weather.
My husband grew up in a suburb of DC. Yes, the humidity is horrible and it does get HOT! But the pics I've seen of cherry blossoms make all of us who don't have trees flowering yet jealous! So enjoy your short respite!
Old 04-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
it will be cold & overcast Saturday when we have an outdoor Easter egg hunt at a nearby church).
I have pics of us wearing short sleeves for an egg hunt and bundled up, too! The weather is so fickle in the spring!
Old 04-16-2019, 11:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
We're in the middle of autumn here too. The mornings have just started to be quite crisp, and we've added an extra blanket to the beds.
I love autumn! But I wouldn't be looking forward to winter. Enjoy the cooler weather while you can!