Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-14-2019, 11:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Exclamation Game of Thrones Chatter (spoilers)

This is your ONLY warning---there will probably be spoilers within this thread.
DO NOT read if it you aren't current on the show.

With that said, how about a layout first....

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...coming&cat=698
**not my layout, but found in the gallery by Cinna**

Did I give you enough notice to get out of this thread so we can chat GoT?!

Okay, what are your predictions for the season and finale?

What did you think of tonight's Episode I

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 04-14-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am a HUGE GoT fan. It's hard living up to expectations after an almost 2 year hiatus. I kind of felt like this episode was more a plot builder (which is necessary, but also slightly underwhelming). Anyway, I'm looking forward to what this final season has to offer!
Old 04-15-2019, 01:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We watched the last 3 episodes last night and listened to the entertainment station on Sirius radio off and on today as they had a day long recap going on so everywhere we drove we got to listen. I was so excited for the premiere tonight. I felt they did a good job for the first episode. It had a few good dramatic moments, loved the dragon scenes and love seeing the scenes with Daenerys and Jon snow. I figured there wouldn’t be any big shockers in the first episode as it’ll all build up over the 5.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I am a HUGE GoT fan. It's hard living up to expectations after an almost 2 year hiatus. I kind of felt like this episode was more a plot builder (which is necessary, but also slightly underwhelming). Anyway, I'm looking forward to what this final season has to offer!
It has been quite the hiatus!! My husband and I watched the last two seasons these past few weeks. I kept asking him questions like "did this happen yet?", "did we see that already?". I'm sure he was about ready to disown me. I don't do well when there's a long break in between the seasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
We watched the last 3 episodes last night and listened to the entertainment station on Sirius radio off and on today as they had a day long recap going on so everywhere we drove we got to listen. I was so excited for the premiere tonight. I felt they did a good job for the first episode. It had a few good dramatic moments, loved the dragon scenes and love seeing the scenes with Daenerys and Jon snow. I figured there wouldn’t be any big shockers in the first episode as it’ll all build up over the 5.
I think Sheri is right, it was underwhelming, but like you said, they are building it up and bringing these characters together--most of which haven't been together for a couple of seasons!

It's funny because when Dany and Jon were at his old hunting grounds, the dragons were watching them, I said to my husband "eww, that means Bran is watching too!" Then later tonight I saw a few memes about Bran watching people in their house!

I'm quite saddened this is the last season. I think they've done well these past few seasons, really drawn the viewer in to the show.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 04-15-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lol when it started in 2013 i tried to watch but with a little baby in the house i was always to tired when it started and forgot about it later. So the last 2 weeks I binged the whole thing till yesterday the last of season 7 and I loved it. Lol after seeing all those 7 seasons (7 years) waiting for winter was very very long lol. I was suprised peopled were watching to expect winter for 8 years to come
Old 04-15-2019, 02:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been binge watching seasan 7 as well. The last two days I've watched over 6 hours of GoT.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:55 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I finally watched. Well I loved it! The reunions, I cried when I saw Ayra looking up at Jon riding past.
I cried when Jon kissed Bran on the forehead as he did the last time he saw him back in season 1. Jon riding a dragon
Jaime!!!
Theon saving Yara!!!
Sam telling Jon about who he really is...

Sooooo many good moments.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2019, 08:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am just here to read everyone's comments on something that brings them entertainment/joy. I like seeing people excited and enjoying something and bonding over said thing....... personally I have never seen an episode of GoT, nor do I have any desire to :O lol
Old 04-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't watch this show in our house, it's a little too mature content for our family. If you are considering watching this, you might want to read a parent guide first. It has strong sexual content, just an fyi.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I thought the episode was outstanding. They had alot of groundwork to lay before we can get to the meat and bones. My favourite scene was the very last one, since Jaime is my absolute favourite character. Seeing him see Bran was epic. The lead-in to that scene where Bran tells Sam that he can't go with him to tell Jon who he really is because "I'm waiting for an old friend" really got me after I realized who the old friend was.

Can't wait for next week!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I completely forgot about Jaime killing Dany's father. I expected an awkward reuinion with Bran, but previews for next week look good.

And I really hope Bron doesn't kill the Lannister boys like Cersei wants.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen104 View Post
I thought the episode was outstanding. They had alot of groundwork to lay before we can get to the meat and bones. My favourite scene was the very last one, since Jaime is my absolute favourite character. Seeing him see Bran was epic. The lead-in to that scene where Bran tells Sam that he can't go with him to tell Jon who he really is because "I'm waiting for an old friend" really got me after I realized who the old friend was.

I missed the old friend line! I need to watch again, we miss a lot from talking/laughing/crying.

I need to see the start again too, opening credits are all different.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll probably watch it one more time before the next new one next Sunday I want to make sure I don't miss any litle moments. I also love that my hubs who is not a tvaholic like me, put his iPad down and watched, never taking his eyes off the screen. There are very few shows he is invested in and usually only half watches as he plays online.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I was like Megs watching it, happy with all of it!! And we already agreed over here that we are going to watch all seasons of it after it all end again. There is SOOO many things to remember, it will be fun to be able to see it all together and remember everything.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

It definitely needs a rewatch, I always miss stuff on the first go-round but knowing me I'll watch it at least 2 more times before this weekend's episode
Old 04-16-2019, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubia Padilha View Post
I was like Megs watching it, happy with all of it!! And we already agreed over here that we are going to watch all seasons of it after it all end again. There is SOOO many things to remember, it will be fun to be able to see it all together and remember everything.
Yep, us too....once this is over, sometime over the summer, we'll re-watch it from the beginning. So much happens in this show that even though we remember quite a bit, there will soooo much we'd forgotten.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen104 View Post

:O I didn't get that until I read your comment!!!
Old 04-20-2019, 10:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We went back and rewatched the first 7 seasons in February and I'm so glad we did. Because it connects so many dots. Like I got so many things that I didn't watching the first time

I think Bran and Jaime locking eyes was my favorite scene. I'm going to watch this episode again before tomorrow night.

So not a show I thought I'd love as much as I do, lol! I got the hubby and I shirts to wear when we watched.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

So, how about last night's episode! This has been 2 episodes in a row with no deaths now

Another good one, next week is obviously the big battle. My favourite part - Arya & Gendry ... made me think of Robert Baratheon's line from season 1 to Ned Stark - "I have a son, you have a daughter"
Old 04-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think there will be a LOT of deaths next week.

Love the connection with Sansa & Theon. I think those 2 have been through such horrific stuff that they have that connection no one will understand. My husband thinks they can't be together because of the missing appendage & I scoffed at him. THAT is not important, and after everything, Sansa may never want to be intimate again.

As much as I love Jaime & Brienne, I want her & Tormund to get together. He just fell for her instantly & loves ALL of her, something she's never had before.

The knighthood, YASSSSSS!!!

Dany & Jon.... hmmmm is she going to become the Mad queen perhaps? I worry for Jon, Sam & Bran now.

Ayra & Gendry! House Stark & House Baratheon finally joined ♥

How good was the line "The things we do for love!"
Old 04-22-2019, 07:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Every thing you said Megs! Except I’m team Jaime, he needs to get some that’s not his sister! Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I think there will be a LOT of deaths next week.

Love the connection with Sansa & Theon. I think those 2 have been through such horrific stuff that they have that connection no one will understand. My husband thinks they can't be together because of the missing appendage & I scoffed at him. THAT is not important, and after everything, Sansa may never want to be intimate again.

As much as I love Jaime & Brienne, I want her & Tormund to get together. He just fell for her instantly & loves ALL of her, something she's never had before.

The knighthood, YASSSSSS!!!

Dany & Jon.... hmmmm is she going to become the Mad queen perhaps? I worry for Jon, Sam & Bran now.

Ayra & Gendry! House Stark & House Baratheon finally joined ♥

How good was the line "The things we do for love!"
Old 04-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a feeling there will be a lot of deaths next week as well. I already told my husband that most of Winterfel is going to perish. Dany and Jon are going to escape on the dragons. Terian and maybe a few others will escape. Sam is going to die--he gave his house sword away. Brienne is going to die, she became a knight. Jamie is going to die--he's become too nice to live. Arya, Sansa, and Theon are all going to die because they feel like they've closed their chapters (to me). Bran....I believe he's going to become the Night King and then the next three episodes will be him taking over the rest of the kingdoms. The end will leave Jon and Dany, at which they will set aside their fight for the Iron Throne because there isn't anyone left. I think they will be the last die.

Yeah, I'm a pessimist.
I think they are all going to die and the end will be Winter came and won.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode and didn't get any further. Our oldest son started watching it and was hooked.

I may try again at some point. Hubby doesn't like fantasy-type movies/TV shows, and he's the main TV watcher, so if I'm going to watch it, it will have to be when he's busy doing something else
Old 04-22-2019, 07:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I saw an interesting thing on FB the other day, that most die the same way they killed a significant character... Joffrey was poisoned & Olyenna suffered the same fate etc... And I Tyrion killed Tywin via the same crossbow that Cersei handed Bronn last episode. So I have a feeling...

I hope Ayra wins the iron throne ♥
Old 04-22-2019, 08:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don’t think Tyron or Jaime will die until they see Cersei again. Same with Sansa, I think she’ll see Cersei.

Theon yes, Grayworm , Sam, Podrick, and maybe Jora could go. I think main characters, but not the main ones next week.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:18 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I'm anticipating but not looking forward to next week if that make sense. I know it's going to be a tear-jerker because some of our favourite characters are going to die. It feels sad, like I've spent 8 years watching this show and now we're going to lose some really important people

I'm with you Megs, as much as I love Jaime and wanted him to be with Brienne, how can you not love how much Tormund loves her?

I really hope they don't turn Dany into the villain in the end. That would make me sad, after everything she's done to be the voice for the helpless building up from the very beginning to now.

Only 4 more episodes ...
Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I really hope Jaime is the one to kill Cersei.

God imagine if Cersei is the one left standing after all of this! We will riot
Old 04-23-2019, 10:52 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I really hope Jaime is the one to kill Cersei.

God imagine if Cersei is the one left standing after all of this! We will riot
NOOOOOO!!!!!! hahaha GRRM seems to have a dark sense of humour, you never know!
Old 04-23-2019, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so looking forward to the next 4 episodes but am also dreading it b/c of course some of our fave characters are going to die. I didn't mind that it wasn't an action packed episode as I know that lots of action is coming. I like that these first 2 have been quieter, more emotional, setting the stage for what's to come.

Sansa and Theon....got me misty eyed, as did Brienne getting knighted.

I love both Jon and Daenerys and it's going to be a tear jerker when one or both of them die. They can't both rule the iron throne so at least one will die, possibly at the hand of the other. Ugh....it's giving me chills just thinking about it.

I really hope Cersei dies gruesomely. I think it would be cool for Arya to do it, wearing Jaime's face. I agree with Vanessa...Tyron and Jaime can't die until they see Cersai again., that's a scene that just has to happen.

I hope Tormund and Brienne end up together but both being warriors it's more likely they will die.

I can't imagine the writers would let Cersei live...there would be an uprising with the public We all hate her LOL. There's no salvation for that one!
Old 04-23-2019, 05:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I also think Jaime may have a bigger role than we think. Bran said he'd be dead if he'd told everyone the truth, so maybe he's seen the future and Jaime is a big part of that? Otherwise why not just tell everyone and let Jaime get what's coming?

Old 04-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Oh that's an interesting idea about Jaime and Bran. It makes sense, I still think the prophesy the woods-witch gave Cersei that her little brother will kill her means Jaime. I think she's supposed to think that's Tyrion, but it would be so poetic if it was Jaime instead.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, last night was amazing!

Before the show started I told my hubby that 6 key players would go, 6 went, but LeAnna wasn't one I was thinking, so I was pretty close.

Jorah and Theon my only two correct guesses from last week. But, man was that episode epic!
Old 04-29-2019, 06:50 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

It was a great episode! I see alot of people are unhappy about certain parts of it, like vanquishing the Night King in this episode, and feeling like everything else will be anti-climactic. I'm torn ... I liked it, but I can also see that point of view too. But there has to be even more exciting scenes in store, because if they didn't feel killing the Night King was the apex of the story to be saved for the very last episode, then I'm really looking forward to where we're going for the last 3.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I loved it beyond words! Ayra is the kingslayer!!!! So amazing. So many tears, I sobbed and sobbed at the Ayra part as I genuinely thought she was going to die. Possibly my #1 TV moment of ALL TIME!

Ugh it was sooooo dark though, I'd never noticed the darkness before last night, but man it was a struggle

And Jaime lives to fight another day! Hopefully he has the honor of killing Cersei, but after last night and the brown eyes, green eyes, blue eyes comment... I think it will be Ayra

Old 04-29-2019, 08:23 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Arya being the one to do it was awesome, I always thought it would be Jon. Nice twist! I was a little surprised that they didn't kill off more characters TBH because, well, this is GOT!

My sad moment of the episode was the House Mormont deaths Both Lyanna and Jorah were given great deaths worthy of their characters. The Lyanna one especially got me

You might be right Megs, it could very well be Arya who gets Cersei too!
Old 05-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Sooo ... it's been a couple more episodes ... how's everyone feeling about this season? I liked the first 3 episodes for the most part. After last night's episode especially, I'm feeling really let down. Like they rushed this into 6 episodes and it really had enough material to cover for a full 10 episode season like previous ones.

I'm especially disappointed that they've made Dany into a "mad queen", I mean they've told us her story over 7 seasons, and it's ALL been about how she stood up for weak and freed the slaves. Now we're supposed to believe all of sudden she simply changed and is on to burning innocents? I think if they were trying to make her mad like her father, they needed to show us that she was slowly going down that path, kwim?

And with Cersei and Jaime, wow - that felt super anti-climactic. Another character in Jaime that was so richly developed over 7 seasons, only to revert back to exactly what he was in the beginning.

I'll have to reserve final judgement after next week's finale, but man, it feels like this is a totally different show I'm watching this season
Old 05-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Did you notice the wild fire (the green fire) exploding in the city...? That tells me that Cersi had planned on destroying the city even if she had surrendered to Dany.

I told my husband that I'm upset that Cersi died looking in to the eyes of someone who loved her, feeling loved in a world of pain that she created. All the pain and punishment she caused throughout the years should have come with the same kind of fate.

Next week will be Jon and Dany fighting it out....My husband says Dany's going to die, but Jon is going to birth dragons because he's a Targarian, bringing back the age of dragons. Either that or Dany's dragon is pregnant.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Did you notice the wild fire (the green fire) exploding in the city...? That tells me that Cersi had planned on destroying the city even if she had surrendered to Dany.

I told my husband that I'm upset that Cersi died looking in to the eyes of someone who loved her, feeling loved in a world of pain that she created. All the pain and punishment she caused throughout the years should have come with the same kind of fate.

Next week will be Jon and Dany fighting it out....My husband says Dany's going to die, but Jon is going to birth dragons because he's a Targarian, bringing back the age of dragons. Either that or Dany's dragon is pregnant.
That's exactly how I felt watching it!

I always kind of felt like when the story was ending, everything magical would be gone from the world, like Melisandre, all of the dragons, maybe even Dany. Like they were only ever needed to defeat the Night King and they've now served their purpose. But then there were so many hints here and there about more dragons, maybe they're saving that for the last episode. Only one week to go ...
Old 05-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't think Cersei planted the wildfire, I assumed it was left over from The Mad King. He planted it everywhere to burn everyone.

Jaime has let me down Cersei should have died far more gruesome.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:02 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Jaime has definitely let me down too On a side note, he was in my small town earlier this month filming a movie and I caught a glimpse of him

In the books, it's different because you know the character's thoughts - Jaime became well aware of Cersei's numerous other lovers, and in the books at least it seems as if he doens't love her anymore. I hope George does finish the books and we can see how he intended things to play out if different from the show.