Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 04/22 Music

What music do you listen to? Have an all-time fave song or band? Where do you most listen to music?
Old 04-22-2019, 11:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I listen to a lot of music and my tastes vary. I don't really like a lot of new music or rap or heavy metal. I like being able to understand the lyrics mostly.

my current favourite song is "lost without you" by freya ridings oh my gosh it's SO good. She reminds me of florence from florence and the machine.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I mostly listen to top 40, contemporary rock and a bit of country. Oldies that I love are Barbara Streisand, Kate Bush, Carole King, Reba McEntire, Fleetwood Mac and from the last 10 yrs or so....James Blunt, Snow Patrol, Nickelback, Lonestar, Matchbox 20 and Maroon 5.

These days I usually only listen to music in the car and even then only sometimes b/c I'm usually listening to audio books now. At home I'm too busy watching tv/movies or youtube vids.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I listen to Top 40 and country with sprinkles of Broadway/musicals, Christian, rock, and R&B. I generally avoid anything "hard" -- rap, metal, etc. -- or created before I was born.

I listen to music all day long on Spotify at work. I also listen to the radio in the car & play Youtube's "My Mix" (generated from & tracked by the videos I've watched on there) at night when I'm scrapping.

My favorite artist of all time is Dave Barnes.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 04-22-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I listen to a lot of music and my tastes vary. I don't really like a lot of new music or rap or heavy metal. I like being able to understand the lyrics mostly.

my current favourite song is "lost without you" by freya ridings oh my gosh it's SO good. She reminds me of florence from florence and the machine.
I just check on YT and watched the video for the song. She has such a beautiful voice. I also watched You Mean The World To Me which is really good too.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I listen to a lot of different types of music...just not classical or jazz or today's rap (I do like some older rap music). Those aren't my jam. My SiriusXM stations are pretty diverse - classic rock, country, 70's, 80's, today's pop/rock. My kids know a lot of music because of this.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My favorite band is Yevgueni. They are a Belgian band and they sing in Dutch.
I also love Within Temptation, editors, Adele...

Old 04-22-2019, 03:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I like metal/hard rock, pop, 90s alternative and classical. I mostly listen while cooking/baking or taking a shower.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I ALWAYS have music going - either on my phone, or alexa in the house and in the car I have sirius satellite radio. I'm pretty diverse, I like country, alternative, rock, pop & musicals. My 'random' station I've made on amazon music is hilarious- today it went from Metallica, to Florida Georgia Line, to Ariana grande. lol!

My all time favorite is Alice In Chains. I was a 90's teenager who lived near seattle- pretty much sums up my music taste then!
Old 04-22-2019, 06:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Like most here I have varying tastes. I listen to music pretty much all day. I love Spotify!!!!

My main genres
80' & 90's R&B, 90's Rap, New School R&B, 80's&90's Pop/Top 40, Jazz, Classical, Reggae, and there are a few new school rap artists that I like, Kendrick Lamar, JCole, come to mind.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I listen mostly to Praise and Worship music... chill... 80’s or 70’s music. Hubby refuses to “pay” for streaming music... he works in radio and streaming is hurting that industry.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't love music. I like silence, plus also my brain is so active that it bores me to listen to music. So if I CHOOSE music, it's usually because I want to feel something, usually happiness, and it is something I can sing out loud to, mostly Top 40 hits from my childhood. With the kids we listen to Toby Mac or NF (a rapper, Max's choice) or Imagine Dragons.

I refuse to listen to lyrics that objectify women or celebrate a party lifestyle (so rap is out), and I don't want my kids listening to songs that act like love should be painful (I listened to a lot of that in my teens, and it kept me in an unhealthy relationship.)

Also, I hate country music, and it is literally my favorite thing about my husband that he also does not like it.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:33 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I listen to K-Pop, Christian music and mostly 80-90s pop/ballads.
Celine Dion, Adele, Phil Collins, Hillsongs Church Christian music, EXO (K-Pop), Taylor Swift (the early albums) are some of my favorites.

I listen to music almost all the time, on my phone or iMac. I don't do streaming, though.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:25 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE music. And I love that my kids are obsessed too. I listen to a lot of my 80s & 90s hair bands, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, GnR, Queen, etc... also a bit of new music (although they get boring fast).

I wish you tube and Spotify were around when I was a teen. Kids now will never know the struggle.

I listen in the car, and while I work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2019, 08:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Country music is mostly what I listen to, but not this crap that's out now. Like, I hate that when I turn on a radio station and can't tell if it's a country or pop station. That being said, I don't hate all the new country, I just wouldn't classify it as country.

I like classic rock, oldies, pop, alternative, anything that's at least 20 years old, I probably listen to. LOL!

Eric Church is my favorite.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a wide range of music taste Right now I am loving my new car with Sirrus XM so I love the 50's, 60's & 70's channels.

At work I listen mainly to an oldies country station that plays songs from the 60-90's.

At home I normally listen to oldies rock channel simliar to the 60-70's
Old 04-23-2019, 10:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a huge fan of Macklemore - it's a fun thing I share with my teenager, we've seen him in concert 4 times.

I have pretty diverse taste in general. Concerts are high on my list of things to do. I've seen Andrea Bocelli twice (highly recommend) but then I've also seen Pantera and Metallica - so like I said, diverse. lol I love listening to music while scrapping for sure!
Old 04-26-2019, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love all kinds of music, and try to stay current (though I've slipped the past 5 years). It really depends on my Mood any given day what I feel like listening to, but my every day "go to's" are Metal & Rock.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I listen to anything lol. I could go from Whitney Houston to Metallica in 1 song.

My heart lies with linkin park if I had to name a favourite though. Then the Foo fighters.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE music. there is no day without music here. When i was a kid it was so bad that i couldn;t sleep without. now i like silence when i sleep lol

But i listen mostly to the radio/top 40
but i also love 80's, 90's music G&R, ACDC, Linkin parc, Pink, Imagine dragons
Old 04-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Metal for me please. . .Priest, Metallica, Korn, Slipknot. I listen everywhere I can.

I do like lots of other music also. Music has always been my thing.