Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Verizon iPhone

Woohoo Verizon is finally getting the iPhone...after years of talking about this it's finally happening...I held off getting a new phone hoping this year would actually be the year...I'm so excited because I've wanted an iPhone forever...Ok enough of my celebrating...I'm going back to work!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

really!! I've held off getting a new phone too hmmm good news!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a new phone, but I hate it. My daughter is up for a new one, so I'm taking her upgrade and she can have my current phone. Already got myself on the list for one!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Yay! You guys will LOVE the iphone. It rocks. I am locked into ATT for another year but after that, I might jump ship to Verizon. AT&T service in Boston is actually fine....I don't have many dropped calls or problems.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I have never had any problems with Cingular or AT&T service, and I've been with them since 2002.
But, Jordan got a company phone a few months ago and now my plan just seems like too much. Plus, we get a discount with Verizon. Soooo, I'll probably be switching soon. I need to see when my plan is up with AT&T, I don't want to break my contract and get slammed.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you'll love it!! Its really sad how attached you can become to an electronic! By 'you' of course I mean me

Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
you'll love it!! Its really sad how attached you can become to an electronic! By 'you' of course I mean me
Oh I know! I have an ipod touch, and I carry it *and* my cell phone everywhere. Can only use the touch when I can get wifi, but you never know when you'll get wifi...
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't wait. I had been planning to switch to an android but I'm just so used to my iphone. My DH can't wait to switch me to his plan on Verizon so we can save some $. My original iphone just pooped out and won't let my sync up for some reason. Luckily a friend gave me her hand-me-down 3G. But DH is now making me wait, thinking Verizon will be offering the iphone 4 so I should wait for an iphone 5? Anyone have any news on what version Verizon will offer first?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:51 PM

profile gallery send pm

Kim, my inclination is that they will probably come out with a new version in a few months, once they get some kinks worked out.
But, Verizon functions on CDMA, whereas AT&T (and the rest of the world, really) use GSM. So they can't just put out the same iPhone 4 or 5. It's a completely different set of technology for Verizon, so I don't know if they'll have another new version to put out right away or not. That's part of the reason why it's taken them so long to come out with an iPhone for Verizon.

I would like to stay on my current plan and phone for a few months until they work some of the kinks out. I really need to figure out when I can leave my AT&T contract, lol.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

My husband just called to tell me this. I'll probably wait until my two years is up with my current contract b/c I like my Incredible. But I cannot WAIT to get the iPhone!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to g6scrapped

My husband and I both had Verizon before we were married and had a horrible, horrible time with them. Not the service but the customer service and billing (our bill was wrong every. single. month.) so we switched to Alltel. Now AT&T is taking over our section of Alltel so I'll be getting an iPhone most likely.

I have an HTC Wildfire right now though and really do love the Droid network.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Verizon.com is saying the iPhone 4 will be available on 2-10-11.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp
Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up

Thanks gals ya'll always have the answers!!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I feel bitter, having just switched to a Verizon Android phone after giving up on AT&T. But I loved my iPhone.

Trying to look on the bright side, I didn't like the feel of iPhone 4 when I played with it so I didn't actually want that particular model anyway. And I'm hoping that by the time I can switch phones again, the CDMA network will be able to handle simultaneous web surfing and voice calls. AT&T has a different type of network that can handle this (assuming one could actually make a voice call with AT&T, ha ha) but Verizon's doesn't.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad Verizon finally has the iPhone since at least it means there are options now. I'll be done with my AT&T contract in June but even then I don't know if I'll switch back to Verizon. I've actually been really impressed with AT&T - no troubles whatsoever, no dropped calls. Maybe I've just been lucky, I don't know.

Plus the few times I've gone into the AT&T store, they were nothing but helpful where as the Verizon store was an absolute miserable experience. You practically had to beg to actually get anyone to ever help you.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
I feel pathetic because I'm getting all worked up over this Verizon iPhone news. Part of me feels surreal since I feel like I waited so long for this news; it's like finding out that unicorns are real.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
Verizon.com is saying the iPhone 4 will be available on 2-10-11.
I knew I was waiting for something good to come along! LOL

Old 01-11-2011, 06:47 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
I feel pathetic because I'm getting all worked up over this Verizon iPhone news. Part of me feels surreal since I feel like I waited so long for this news; it's like finding out that unicorns are real.
This is me COMPLETELY! This news made my day magical. I knew it was coming today, and it was the first thing I checked for when I turned my computer on this morning. I'm a Mac girl, through and through. When Apple first introduced the iPhone, I thought, "That is a really cool idea. Once they have 3rd party apps, I'll really want one." So, when the App Store opened, I was on board completely. But, there was NO WAY hubby would switch to AT&T. So, I've been waiting and waiting. By the end of 2010, though, the rumors were really starting to have some weight to them, and I was pretty sure we'd get something early this year. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Existing Verizon customers who are eligible for a phone upgrade can pre-order their iPhones beginning 2/3/11. We become eligible for upgrade TOMORROW, so you can bet I'll be pre-ording on the 3rd at 12:01 a.m.!

Okay, I'm done now.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
me too...but hey we waited years for this we have a reason to be excited
Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mimi, I'm laughing, it really seemed magical to me too. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until October but you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be upgrading to one then. Hopefully all the bugs will be gone.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I just switched to Verizon. Yesterday. My Droid arrived today. Folks in my office are actually saying they like the android system better than the iphone. But I am half tempted to send my new droid back in the box and wait until they will send me an Iphone!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I have worked for AT&T mobililty for over 4 years, before Cingular bought AT&T Wireless. I am a Verizon customer and have the Droid X and love it and the service....Verizon will start taking orders for existing customers for iphone 4 in 2/3/11, but it will not operate on the new 4 G LTE network, will work on the 3G....not a big deal as far as I can tell-- 3G is as fast as my RoadRunner. I think this is actually going to be a good deal for AT&T because those that jump ship to Verizon are actually going to be freeing up bandwidth on the AT&T network, which will be great for AT&T customers---Hope Verizon is better prepaired than AT&T was, sales far exceeded what was predicted, causing network overloads, but improvements are being made every day!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
I just switched to Verizon. Yesterday. My Droid arrived today. Folks in my office are actually saying they like the android system better than the iphone. But I am half tempted to send my new droid back in the box and wait until they will send me an Iphone!
I saw in the FAQ that you can return your phone within 30 days.

Quote:
Can I exchange a device that I recently purchased for iPhone?

Yes, we will gladly accept returns or make exchanges on all wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 30 days of purchase (14 days for tablets). To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like-new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any second return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).
Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

for me the only really big difference between my Droid X and the iphone 4 is the forward facing camera on the iphone....the resolution on the iphone is a little better, but the X has an 8 MP camer and iphone had a 5 MP...the Verizon iphone will also have the mobil hot spot, which my X has....they did tweek the antenna on the V iphone.....
Old 01-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I would guess that Verizon will do something simular to what AT&T did as far as upgrade eligibility. If you were going to be upgrade eligible within 6 mos, you could upgrade to the iphone 4, again that is just speculation on my part.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by runae View Post
I would guess that Verizon will do something simular to what AT&T did as far as upgrade eligibility. If you were going to be upgrade eligible within 6 mos, you could upgrade to the iphone 4, again that is just speculation on my part.
No, they're not. It was announced that they won't do that which has peeeeeved me off.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to g6scrapped

Is it true that all the iPhone apps are pay? I do like having so many free apps with my HTC (Droid network).. but I may have been told wrong too.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

tricia, not all seem to be. Most of the best ones are 99 cents. Or at least that is what I've found. There are plenty free, bank ones, paypal, flickr, etc. Some games free, some cost. Its a total mix I think.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I was really PO'd at DH back in May when he decided to switch to Verizon to get the phone *he* wanted one month before I was eligible for an upgrade with AT&T and could finally get an iPhone. But since then I've gotten used to my Droid. I was never a fan of iTunes anyway & after everyone I know with an iPhone complained about all the drop calls & the autocorrect (though I love reading damnyouautocorrect.com) I decided I was probably better off with the droid.

The only reason I'd get an iphone now is Words With Friends.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have sent some doozies on my iPad thanks to autocorrect. I'm constantly apologizing.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the Motorla Droid X and I love it. I honestly couldn't be happier.

So then tell me....why did I just sign up to get the iPhone? I just forwarded my brother the email too because he didn't get one from Verizon so he can get signed up too.

I have two plans that are ready for upgrades, so I can use one of them, and then let my son that has my old Droid have my X, and then he can give his old one to another brother! lol I've got it all figured out!

I just hope I like the iPhone as much as the Droid. If not...I guess I can always switch back!!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have my parents on our plan and my mother is up for an upgrade and hates all cell phone so I'm tempted to take her upgrade........
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 AM

profile gallery send pm

No, not every app is a paid app. There are tons of free ones, and there are tons of cheap ones (99 cents).
Old 01-12-2011, 10:40 AM

profile gallery send pm

Jordan had the droid x, hated it, and switched to the droid 2 and LOVES it. He does however like my iphone better. But he's not going to get one for a while unless someone else in the company happens to want a droid 2 (which is how he got rid of his droid x, lol).

We need to discuss our plan of attack for me, lol.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

In a rural area where Verizon is the only game in town, I'm very very very HAPPY!!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I was super excited about the iPhone coming to Verizon too, until I read that they are discontinuing NEW EVERY TWO on 1/16/11 (today). So someone like me who can upgrade in a few months now has to pay more for the iPhone than I would like to spend. Only way I see I could do it is let my contract end and sign up for a new one with a new store and new number, if they will consider me a new customer. I have no idea but I will not be paying $700 for the phone, no way.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramarie View Post
I was super excited about the iPhone coming to Verizon too, until I read that they are discontinuing NEW EVERY TWO on 1/16/11 (today). So someone like me who can upgrade in a few months now has to pay more for the iPhone than I would like to spend. Only way I see I could do it is let my contract end and sign up for a new one with a new store and new number, if they will consider me a new customer. I have no idea but I will not be paying $700 for the phone, no way.
what??? dang I've been ready to upgrade for a few months and have been waiting.. hmm I'll have to look into this!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramarie View Post
http://www.pcworld.com/article/21683...de_option.html

It won't be $700. They're going to price it just like AT&T does.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Well that is better but still expensive.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know, I'll be upgrading my AT&T iPhone in a few weeks. I'm almost tempted to wait for the iPhone 5 now.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am in Canada and have the iphone4 and I can tell you that I absolutely love it. I love everything about it!! I am totally connected now and it's fabulous. Not to mention I can play scrabble with all my on line friends..
Like other mentioned there are tonnes of app's both free and cheap, something for everyone's budget!

my blog
Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This just may make me break down and get a data plan-I have put off upgrading our phone forever because all the good phones make you have a data plan now-and that ticks me off...I'll have to see how I feel in a month!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
This just may make me break down and get a data plan-I have put off upgrading our phone forever because all the good phones make you have a data plan now-and that ticks me off...I'll have to see how I feel in a month!
Dooooo it! My sister finally broke down and got one and she loves it.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A friend of mine who has an iPhone with AT&T told me the phone that Verizon is getting is known to have problems. She suggested I wait for a newer model.

Anyone know anything else about this?

I've decided I'm going to stay with my Droid X. My brother just called to see if he could buy it off me when I get my iPhone. I had to break the bad news to him!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:08 AM

profile gallery send pm

Not that it will make any difference to me, but I'd be interested in hearing about any problems as well. I have been following this story pretty closely, and I haven't heard of any. Differences from the AT&T phone, yes. Problems, no.

Anyone else know more?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is Verizon getting the same iPhone 4 that AT&T has? If so, the only problem I've had with mine was dropping calls because of the weird antenna. Once I got a case for it (which I'd have done anyway) I've not had a single problem. I think my husband may wish I had more though :-)

Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 AM

profile gallery send pm

I know that they have moved some of the buttons on the Verizon phone so that they could fix the antennae problem. This means that the AT&T bumper cases won't fit the Verizon phone, but I'm sure there will be new bumper cases for the Verizon phone and that won't be an issue.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My dd is getting one and she is counting down the days!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Verizon is currently screwing their customers.

My father's upgrade was pushed back because he didn't use it for six months after he became eligible because he was waiting for the iphone.

My upgrade which should have been this march is somehow being pushed back to october and we can't get anyone to explain why.

They say we are locked in a contract until november 2012 which would have meant we renewed in November 2010 which we did NOT yet no one can explain that one to us.

So I don't get an iphone until at least october and I'm peeved.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM

profile gallery send pm

Since Verizon uses different cell phone technology than AT&T, it's a "different" iPhone 4. I would guess that they took the same basic iPhone 4, and changed the technology and made upgrades (such as fixing the antennae problem).

While I will be switching to Verizon eventually this year, I'll be waiting for them to announce the second edition of the Verizon iPhone so they have time to work out kinks/bugs. They'll probably announce the iPhone 5 some time over the summer.