Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2022, 09:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Shutterfly Unlimited pages

Just got the email that this promo is running until Sunday! Includes layflat pages. I need to get some pages done, now! And covers. Am I the only one who hates making photobook covers?

Old 09-26-2022, 09:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

oh man....I don't have anything ready to print.
For my PL books, I make a grid of some of the layouts for the cover. For my travel/theme books, I usually use one large photo for the cover.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
oh man....I don't have anything ready to print.
For my PL books, I make a grid of some of the layouts for the cover. For my travel/theme books, I usually use one large photo for the cover.
Krista, you are a GENIUS! A grid of layouts for PL! I am totally stealing this idea.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! I've had my album in my cart for over a month waiting for a sale. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-26-2022, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to get some books printed but not quite done with them...

Here are a few title pages I have done 2 of the books are done. My New York one will have multiple title pages since we did several areas...this is the New York cover.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm about ready to quit using Shutterfly. I made a book of all the layouts I made for the Summer Scrap-A-Thon. Every page came out dark. For instance, this page came out so dark that the kids' royal blue shirts look almost black.

The SF customer service person told me that ALL of my images look dark and that I need to make them brighter. Do you all see royal blue or almost black shirts? Do you ever have quality issues? I'm wondering if they look terrible because it was a free book (but I also paid for 11 pages). Also, I had a 1/4" white border on all sides. Some of the tops were at least 3/8" with the bottom almost cut off - this is not the first time that happened. The non-gutter edges ranged from 1/4" to 1/8". I've been given credit so I can redo the book, but I now have to brighten every single layout!
Old 10-09-2022, 03:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't print my layouts this way ( scrap out of order) but I do a yearly 'yearbook' and I'm a few years behind so I need to get on this!

Old 10-09-2022, 06:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
I'm about ready to quit using Shutterfly. I made a book of all the layouts I made for the Summer Scrap-A-Thon. Every page came out dark. For instance, this page came out so dark that the kids' royal blue shirts look almost black.

The SF customer service person told me that ALL of my images look dark and that I need to make them brighter. Do you all see royal blue or almost black shirts? Do you ever have quality issues? I'm wondering if they look terrible because it was a free book (but I also paid for 11 pages). Also, I had a 1/4" white border on all sides. Some of the tops were at least 3/8" with the bottom almost cut off - this is not the first time that happened. The non-gutter edges ranged from 1/4" to 1/8". I've been given credit so I can redo the book, but I now have to brighten every single layout!
OH NO! I totally see blue shirts! That is so frustrating! Shutterfly printed two of my covers with a one in white border on one side earlier this year, and I couldn't return it because I had them printed while we were in the US and didn't see them until it had already been 5 months. : ( If you decide on a new company and you like them, let me know; I'd be happy to switch!
Old 10-10-2022, 08:42 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post

I’m ready to quit Shutterfly as well! My last book had edges cut off even with adding a white border around the whole thing to protect my actual layout and it wasn’t always the same border! It was mostly the outside edge but not always.

I posted about it on my scrapbooking Instagram account and Shutterfly reached out to me. I’ve been working with woman in the photo books department. She is trying to listen to our (digiscrappers’) issues and work to fix them. She just sent me the report back from her first meeting with the IT people.

The one thing that annoyed me is that she said that in all of her years of working in that department, she’d never received complaints from digiscrappers. I know personally I’ve had to have several books reprinted due to their errors but I’m not sure I ever identified myself as a digital scrapbooker. I’m not entirely optimistic that anything will change but I’m still going to work with her to see if it can. If you don’t mind me screenshotting your post to send to her or if anyone else has an issue you want me to pass on, just let me know.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:46 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkradtke View Post
I’m ready to quit Shutterfly as well! My last book had edges cut off even with adding a white border around the whole thing to protect my actual layout and it wasn’t always the same border! It was mostly the outside edge but not always.

I posted about it on my scrapbooking Instagram account and Shutterfly reached out to me. I’ve been working with woman in the photo books department. She is trying to listen to our (digiscrappers’) issues and work to fix them. She just sent me the report back from her first meeting with the IT people.

The one thing that annoyed me is that she said that in all of her years of working in that department, she’d never received complaints from digiscrappers. I know personally I’ve had to have several books reprinted due to their errors but I’m not sure I ever identified myself as a digital scrapbooker. I’m not entirely optimistic that anything will change but I’m still going to work with her to see if it can. If you don’t mind me screenshotting your post to send to her or if anyone else has an issue you want me to pass on, just let me know.
I only had issues once and that was many years ago. When I showed them what I didn't like, they reprinted the book for me for free. The second book was perfect. Since it was a gift I was happy. I still have the bad one and for someone that doesn't know anything about digital scrapbooking, they would probably never notice why I had issues with it.

Mine was a cutting issue of the pages since a very small portion of one page showed up on the top of the next one. Page 2 showed up on page 4, page 3 showed up on page 5 etc all throughout the book. That told me that all the pages are printed in one long strip (all even together and all odd together) then cut for assembly in the book. Evidently the strips got loaded into the cutting machine incorrectly.

But thank you for working with them. My biggest issue with them is that they keep hiding the book for digiscrappers! I finally saved a blank one as a project since I always had trouble finding it.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
If you decide on a new company and you like them, let me know; I'd be happy to switch!
Kellie, I certainly will!

Last edited by lizziej; 10-10-2022 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkradtke View Post

Tracie, that would be great if you could screenshot my post. Thank you!! I think the gutter is at least 3/8" because I had the 1/4" white border and part of the layout were in the gutter. They used to print very nice books.

I remembered that I had Persnickety Prints print a few layouts (along with some graduation photos) a few months ago, and they were perfect -- looked exactly what I saw on my computer screen both at home and at work. So, something is off on SF's machines, and they don't want to admit it.