Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-21-2015, 06:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Acts of Kindness

I found Matthew's Legacy on facebook some weeks ago, and have been following the posts ever since. People paying it forward with acts of kindness in memory of Matthew, who paid for a woman's groceries one day, only to die in a car accident the next day before she could return to thank him. I've been conscious of actively looking for ways to serve since then, and have found opportunities every day, to do something nice for someone else.

Since both doing an act of kindness, and receiving an act of kindness leaves you feeling uplifted, I though it would be nice to share our experiences and maybe help motivate each other this Christmas season to look beyond ourselves.

What do you think? Do you have a story to share? Did someone do something nice for you? Did you do something nice for someone else?

Last edited by jacinda; 12-21-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My girls and I have been blessed to give service every time we've gone out this week. They are learning that there is always someone who can use a hand or a kind gesture.

We have:
helped a young man pay for his groceries;
watched a baby for a young mother who was dealing with other kids;
helped 2 young children who were lost at the mall;
gave spare change to a homeless man;
helped another mother with a newborn take her shopping to her car;
and today Brooke and I made some diffuser necklaces to share with some friends.

Such little things that honestly only took a few minutes of our time, made a difference to each person. Looking for and finding service opportunities has really helped us feel the Christmas spirit this year.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to do more intentional things. I know when I'm out and about I tend to be absorbed with myself.

Here's a cute story though. I always help the elderly at the grocery store when I see them reaching for something on a shelf. So awhile back a little old gal was struggling with the freezer door and getting what she wanted so I asked her what product it was that she wanted and got it for her and asked her if she needed help with anything else. She turned and looked at me and said, "Oh! You helped me once before!" lol! She said the store ought to hire me, ha!

Wouldn't that be a fun job though?
Old 12-22-2015, 02:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We were having a Christmas party at a local park today with several others families and had the opportunity to share some of our leftover food with some homeless men who were passing by... They were very grateful for the hot meal.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's so nice of you Amy! And Valerie, that'd be a cool job - just helping customers reach the product and find their way around.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
That's so nice of you Amy! And Valerie, that'd be a cool job - just helping customers reach the product and find their way around.
I'm a nerd and have my entire grocery store mapped out aisle by aisle so I just can shop in order on my list and never have to back track. I know where absolutely everything is!

Any Dave Ramsey listeners? He did an entire 3 hour show on Monday on generosity. People called in with their stories of how they've given generously and/or when THEY'VE received outrageous acts of generosity. It was so inspiring! I nearly cried into my dirty dishes a couple times, lol!