Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2024, 03:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Currently: February 2024

Currently:
Here is a thread for February (still unsure if it's better to post these at the beginning at the month or the end, but I figure people could update throughout the month if they want to keep a list)

listening to:

reading:

watching:

eating:

loving:

wanting:
Old 02-01-2024, 03:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

listening to: listening to and reading are the same for me right now. I started listening to the book "canadian boyfriend" this morning by Jenny Holiday

reading: see above

watching: Darcy and I started watching the television series "love" on netflix. It's pretty cute so far

eating: smoothies are my go to as of right now

loving: it's SO nice out.. we can actually see grass here right now which is crazy for where i live. I'm a little bit worried about what this is going to mean for summer though with the lack of moisture and fires

wanting: not sure
Old 02-01-2024, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: I am listening to audio books while I scrap. Right now I am listening to The Guests by Margot Hunt

reading: and at night I am reading The School Reunion by Shalini Boland

watching: Don't stone me, but I never watched the Xfiles back in the day as I wasn't really into sci fi when it came out. So right now I'm near the beginning of Season 2

eating: I'm know this sounds boring but Im totes digging turkey burgers right now. Thats a major accomplishment for me because I used to dislike them but I found out that one of my food sensitivities is actually chicken and I'm not a fan of red meat so ....turkey burgers

loving: Yep...still obsessed with my grandson!

wanting: ohmggosh to get paid tomorrow and do some shopping, it's been tight lately but I can blow some money on the birthday sale here! Yay!
Old 02-01-2024, 07:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

listening to: audiobook - A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

reading: see above

watching: I started Jamestown this past weekend

eating: We just had chinese

loving: that I only have 25 pages to go for 2023, and I'll be caught up on my scrapping.

wanting: still wanting to loose some weight, went back to weight watchers, but really trying to get better at increasing my protein, consistently
Old 02-02-2024, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

listening to: not much...an arguing teen, birds chirping...I am mostly confined to a recliner right now while my foot heals. (1 week done...doc on Thursday to see what the plan is from there)

reading: Just finished Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (oh my goodness so good!) Plan to start Heaven and Earth Grocery store next

watching: Criminal Minds on repeat (millionth time through)...Hubby and I are watching Only Murders in the Building and Reacher

eating: Whatever my boys cook...last night was meatloaf and veggies

loving: the free time to rest, sleep in and scrapbooking..also this is funny but my hubby bought an attachment for the toilet that raises the seat up 5 inches and it has handles...so much easier when you have bad knees and can only stand on one foot. Before he got this I had to have him come and pick me up off the seat...I am home alone most days so this was a big plus for me!

wanting: to walk! LOL It is tough getting around...I have a knee scooter but I have bad knees so it isn't the most comfortable. I have to use crutches to get to the toilet bc it is in a tiny room by itself but they are not easy either (I am finding that I need to build some strength in my knees and upper body)
Old 02-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

listening to: currently listening to the newest JD Robb book on audible but struggling with it... I usually read her books, and I don't like the narrator AT ALL. Ugh! 8 more hours to go lol.

reading: Reading a lot of information on fb to get ready for my upcoming cruise (a first for me). Just discovered that there is a fb group specific to the cruise I am going on, so it's been really fun to explore

watching: I'm obsessed with the Harlan Coben books that have been made into short run series on Netflix. Currently finishing up The Stranger. These are SO good and full of twists and turns. My kind of show!

eating: Just tried overnight oats for the first time (peanut butter and jelly) and they were delicious, but much too sweet. Will keep trying different recipes.

loving: I love that we're finally into February... January was the LONGEST.MONTH.EVER. Not sure why I never remember that lol.

wanting: I need to figure out how to better balance my time so I can spend more time scrapping and still get other things done too. Maybe what I want is to clone myself?

Last edited by lorigaud; 02-02-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2024, 03:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

listening to: audiobooks currently Pride & Prejudice. Never read it back in the day so I figured I would try now.

reading: Hester by Laurie Lico Albanese (it's based on Nathaniel Hawthorne & The Scarlett Letter)

watching: still really old episodes of The Amazing Race. We as a reality TV people are not good people in the early aughts (lol)

eating: I am sick so crackers & gatorade

loving: this incredibly mild winter we are having (it was 52 degrees on January 31st in ND)

wanting: To not feel like crap. It hit me out of no where but it's also already getting better
Old 02-03-2024, 03:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
listening to: currently listening to the newest JD Robb book on audible but struggling with it... I usually read her books, and I don't like the narrator AT ALL. Ugh! 8 more hours to go lol.
I'm the same! I've been a fan since like 1999 and keep reading them, but I'm not a huge fan of the audio versions. I just finished Random (in paper) and liked it! I've noticed a style shift with her publisher switch, less s-e-x with Roarke lol Have you noticed that?

Old 02-03-2024, 03:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

listening to: Audiobook: A Holly Jolly Ever After by Julie Murphy/Sierra Simone & up next is: As Good As Dead by Holly Jackson (I usually listen to a book every 2-3 days)

reading: Above- I put a TON of all these cheesy easy Christmas reads on hold during the holidays & they are just now coming available so my January & February are going to be filled with holiday books- I'm not sad about that!

watching: LOTS of hockey- my son's 12u Peewee games, Our billet player's WHL games and then our fave NHL teams when we can catch them. I recently started the series "Only Murders in the Building" on hulu but I dont watch a lot of tv so it's going to take me a long time to get through the seasons.

eating: lots of pregame & leftovers (usually chicken & rice)

loving: PGAD- I'm trying to participate- this is my first year as a babe, but I remember how much fun these activities were on the 'other' side so I'm still going to try!

wanting: I'm so ready for my daughter to turn 16 & drive herself. It seems like more & more lately we are just her personal car service to this & that. Only a month to go!
Old 02-10-2024, 08:54 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

listening to: some new Korean ballad songs. Testing them out to decide whether I keep them on my collection or not.

reading: SSD threads that I have to catch up after 2 weeks trip home.

watching: My Demon - a K-drama that I am interested in.

eating: varieties of food, especially while my trip at home. I was getting a bit sick of Chinese food at that point.

loving: the warmer weather, it is nice to know that winter is ending and spring is coming.

wanting: some good, peaceful, long sleep without getting woken up by my kids.