Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default S/O Hair dryers?

The short haired girls thread reminded me I've been meaning to ask about this...

Right now I have a cheapy Revlon hair dryer which I hate. My hair is super thick and wavy so not only does it take forever to dry but it ends up a giant frizz ball that I then have to spend another 20-30 minutes flat ironing in order to get to look decent.

I'm really really getting tired of it taking like an hour and half to get ready on the days I dry my hair, so I'm currently on the hunt for a new hair dryer and I was wondering if anyone here uses a more high-end hair dryer, like a T3 or something similar? If so, how do you like it? Was it worth the money?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have one, but I think we have fairly similar hair...mine takes forever to dry, then forever to flat iron so it doesn't look like a clown car. I've found that even when my stylist blow dries my hair straight she STILL has to flat iron it to get it to look decent so I just don't even bother. If you do find one, I'd be very interested
Old 01-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have this one:

Looks like it's not available through Amazon anymore, but I've had it about a year now. I LOVE it. I used to have a super duper cheap one, and like you, it took ages for my hair to dry (curly & thick, and like you said, a giant frizz ball when trying to blow it straight). When my cheap one blew up in my hand last year, Jeff surprised me by researching the top hair dryers of the year. He ordered this one without telling me.

This one isn't as expensive as some of the other professional models, but I really like it. The difusser attachment is a lifesaver when I want to wear my hear curly!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is the only brand I've used for the last 10 years or more...my stylist uses this brand too

http://www.amazon.com/FHI-Salon-Pro-...6995426&sr=1-1

It comes in several colors as well. I have thick, wavy hair that never dries on it's own. It takes me about 10 min to blow it dry nice and fairly smooth. I use a flat iron about half the time now after drying it, but I don't need to with this blow dryer. I can get my hair nice and smooth with a round brush.

LOVE IT!!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This is what I have... Conair Ionic Ceramic Styler, White/Black
I have long hair (mid-back) that has a natural body wave when I let it air dry. It always takes ages to dry my hair. This is the best blow dryer I've ever owned and it was a deal at Target... about $18 or so. It's ionized so it leaves my hair completely non-frizzy. The one I bought at Target comes with 3 attachments (comb/straightener, a diffuser, and a concentrator), this one sold by Amazon doesn't show a pic of the comb attachment and doesn't mention it. Anyways, a great dryer for a little cash.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have that exact same blow dryer as brook and i really like it.

but i used my sister's while on vacation and i see now why if you spend a little more you get more. hers is this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Bio-Ionic-Trav.../dp/B001LV70GY
Old 01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh, drooling over some of these dryers! I so need a new one as well. Lynette, that is so funny, your hair sounds exactly like mine.

I have the frizzy wavy hair - and it makes me extremely jealous of my brother and sister - he got little cork-screw curls and my sister got nice big bouncy curls, and mine just sucks lol.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i have the same as brook as well, and i LOVE it. my hair is SUPER thick and curly and it only takes me about 10 min or so to dry it.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought a cheapy Revlon one in December but what makes it awesome is it has a diffuser which I didn't have in my old one. I love it because it doesn't blow my hair all over the place and lets me keep my waves.

It sort of looks like this one:
Old 01-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

oh man. i can talk about hair dryers for days! i am a hair stylist and i can easily say that i have tired almost every brand of hair dryer trying to find one that works for me. My hair is thick, wavy AND bleached. it takes my hair a minimum of 30 minutes to dry, usually longer.

My favorite dryer (i use the same one usually on myself as well as on my clients) USED to be a T3. I had it for years! It broke while it was still under warranty and they sent me the newest of the model that I had and it was AWFUL! I was soo upset. They changed something about the way they heat up and it just wasnt the same anymore.

So i bounced around from dryer to dryer trying to find one that worked well for me and my clients. I also try to find one that is lightweight. Nothing is worse than a blow dryer that is too heavy, esp when you have to hold it for hours at a time. Then finally I got my Chi Pro dryer. It is the BEST one I have ever had. http://www.amazon.com/Farouk-Ceramic...7019496&sr=8-2 perfect amount of air, perfect amount of heat and it is super lightweight. I have been using it now for a couple years and I am still super happy with it!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I have the Conair 213XP Infiniti Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Technology Ionic Styler, Black and I like how quick my hair gets dry (compared to my old hair dryer). But I don't love that blue "cold air" button. It's exactly where your finger rests and is annoying for those of us that don't use the shot of cold air feature. If that is a feature you'd use, then it's probably perfect.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have perfectly straight hair and I hate it so I am always amazed at how hard everyone else works to get theirs straight. I wish for a little something in mine. I've had the same hair dryer since I was a senior in high school and know that I should get a new one, but am afraid to change after all these years.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Helena of Troy blow brush.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

this is a great thread for me... I go thru the cheap ones. Oh about 2/3 of them a year. They blow up on me all the time. I go for travel sized ones. (anyone got any good recommendations for travel ones?) How long do yall's hair dryers last before they blow up? TIA!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good recommendations here. I just wanted to add, I've learned that hair dryers are definitely worth the investment! I'm going to muddle my way through with my current dryer here (had to get a 220V one on the economy so it was 2-3x the price in the states) but I know it will be a long 2 years for that!