Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

#20 - Use these summer colors in a layout. - 1 point

---
#13 - Lift one of bluestardesigns's layouts (I chose "dream") - 1 point

Last edited by tsbegley; 06-07-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

13- Going old school! Use bluestardesign's gallery and find a fun paper layout to lift and recreate digi style! - 1pt

1 Point

18-Opposites Attract! Are you clean and neat or a tad bit cluttery and messy? Take whatever your usual scrapping style is and embrace the opposite. If you are a clean Janet style scrapper then embrace the Cindy..if you scrap with tons of layers then embrace the clean lines. Have fun!! - 2pts (just loved the photo..it has nothing really to do w/the ch)

2 Points + 1 NR Point (6/2 posted 6/8)

24. Create an element made out of buttons for your layout, get creative! - 2pts

2 Points

TOTAL = 6 Points

Last edited by carrie1977; 06-08-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL: 20

2 - Use photos old and new to create 4 layouts inspired by these colors and each of the 4 seasons. (leftight: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring) - 6 pts

5 - Use the incredible portfolio of web designs at LeahCreates.com to inspire your next layout! Be sure to share which website inspired you too. - 2 pts - I was inspired by the black background of the Beer Babe site. 2 pt

7 - Use this photo as inspiration for your next LO by using a Kraft background, bright colored papers/elements and at least a little string. - 1 pt + 1 pt new release: KCB's kit

9 - This picture has three things i LOVE - hearts, whimsy and blocking! Use it as inspiration for your next LO. - 1 pt

20-Summer is in full swing on my side of the world. Use these fun summer colors on your next layout- 1pt + 1pt NR (Julie's new kit)

25. A touch of denim. Use denim somewhere on your layout. 1pt + 1 pt NR (Yari and Meg's new kit)

26. Use this photo checklist to capture your summer travels, whether it is across the country or across town. Select one of the photos from the list, and scrap it! -1 pt. + 1 pt NR (Penny's new kit)

27. Now that it is officially summer, what does your schedule look like? Is it different than during the school year? Is it more strict, or more relaxed? Scrap a page about your summer schedule. -1 pt.

33 - Is there anyone in your life described this way? Or are you such a person in someone's life? Scrap a page about it. - 1 pt. + 1 pt new release - Libby and Melissa's new kit

Last edited by nanienamou; 06-24-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

9 - This picture has three things i LOVE - hearts, whimsy and blocking! Use it as inspiration for your next LO. - 1 pt

18-Opposites Attract! Are you clean and neat or a tad bit cluttery and messy? Take whatever your usual scrapping style is and embrace the opposite. If you are a clean Janet style scrapper then embrace the Cindy..if you scrap with tons of layers then embrace the clean lines. Have fun!! - 2pts (just loved the photo..it has nothing really to do w/the ch)

21- Use a text path to journal in a circle or some other fun shape! - 2pts

22. Use a ruler or another type of measurment as a focal point on your layout. - 1pt

28. Today was such a rainy day, and that is the pits when you are expecting sunshine. Scrap a layout about either a rainy day or a sunny day. Include elements or words, literal or not so literal featuring one of these topics. -2 pts.

33 - Is there anyone in your life described this way? Or are you such a person in someone's life? Scrap a page about it. - 1 pt

40. Be inspired by the theme - Family Game Night. What games does your family like to play? What games do you remember playing as a kid? What games to you play in the car or on vacation? Scrap your favorite game playing memory. -1 pt

Total Points: 10

Last edited by abm234; 06-21-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#24 Create an element made out of buttons for your layout, get creative! - 2pts and 1 pt for new release Hook, Line, and Sinker released 6-2 uploaded 6-9
I made a fish out of buttons for this one on the bottom right hand page.

Total 3

Last edited by Txcorey; 06-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot for June.
Total Points: 3 (NR Points: 0)

Challenge 5: Web inspiration (2 pts)

Challenge 7: Kraft/color/string (1pt)

Last edited by k23m; 06-11-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL: 7 points

16-Use one of these free fonts on a layout. (journaling, title, etc doesn't matter where!) - 1pt

17-Did you know SSD has some awesome tutorials? Use one on a layout. Make sure to link up to the tutorial you used!! - 2pts + 1 NR Dad, You're My Hero by Jady Day Studio and Meg Mullens 6/9
Inspired by Jacinda's shadowing tutorial

18-Opposites Attract! Are you clean and neat or a tad bit cluttery and messy? Take whatever your usual scrapping style is and embrace the opposite. If you are a clean Janet style scrapper then embrace the Cindy..if you scrap with tons of layers then embrace the clean lines. Have fun!! - 2pts + 1 pt NR: Boy Meets World by Eva Kipler and Melissa Bennett 6/9
Old 06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

17-Did you know SSD has some awesome tutorials? Use one on a layout. Make sure to link up to the tutorial you used!!
I used this tutorial.
2pts + 1ptNR = 3pts
Used Dad, You're My Hero by Jady Day Studio and Meg Mullens - released 6/9

Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

total 30 pts

2 - Use photos old and new to create 4 layouts inspired by these colors and each of the 4 seasons. (leftight: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring) - 6 pts

summer-

fall-

winter-

spring-

11. Be inspired by these word stickers and create an ALL ABOUT ME layout describing yourself -2pts

12. Shapes and Papers! Play around with your shape tool and use one of these quilt squares as inspiration for a fun paper pieced background. -2pts

13- Going old school! Use bluestardesign's gallery and find a fun paper layout to lift and recreate digi style! - 1pt
I lifted my heart

14. Time for a little scrap therapy! Scrapping doesn't always have to be happy sunshine and rainbows. Scrap about something that's weighing down your mind or heart. - 1pt

17-Did you know SSD has some awesome tutorials? Use one on a layout. Make sure to link up to the tutorial you used!! - 2pts
I used Painting With Paper

18 - Opposites Attract! Are you clean and neat or a tad bit cluttery and messy? Take whatever your usual scrapping style is and embrace the opposite. If you are a clean Janet style scrapper then embrace the Cindy..if you scrap with tons of layers then embrace the clean lines. Have fun!! - 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3 pts(Libby's 3D Alpha - released 6/9 scrapped 6/11)
(It was seriously hard not to add a bunch of layers and flowers!! -I can't believe I scrapped without flowers!!)

22. Use a ruler or another type of measurment as a focal point on your layout. - 1pt

25. A touch of denim. Use denim somewhere on your layout. 1pt

27. Now that it is officially summer, what does your schedule look like? Is it different than during the school year? Is it more strict, or more relaxed? Scrap a page about your summer schedule. -1 pt.

28. Today was such a rainy day, and that is the pits when you are expecting sunshine. Scrap a layout about either a rainy day or a sunny day. Include elements or words, literal or not so literal featuring one of these topics. -2 pts.

30. We are nearly half way through 2012, and in a moment today, I remembered my One Little Word for this year. So time for a check up. Create a layout about your One Little Word for this year... have you stuck to it? Forgotten about it? Ready to change it? If you never chose a word for this year, are you ready to? Be creative and create a layout about One Little Word you want to live by, or continue living by this year. -2 pts

37. Cool things down and create a layout that uses layers of white and black with just a pop of one other color. - 1pt

39. Be bold and tell your story! Create a layout that features a photo where you've included the jouraling directly on the photo. -1pt

40. Be inspired by the theme - Family Game Night. What games does your family like to play? What games do you remember playing as a kid? What games to you play in the car or on vacation? Scrap your favorite game playing memory. -1 pt

Blog Spin-a-Lift 1 pt.
I spun Girl Scout Sunday

total 30 pts

Last edited by breakingbrie; 06-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Total Pts 32
25 pt/ 2 Hybrid pts/ 5 NR pts

Challenge #2 Use photos old and new to create 4 layouts inspired by these colors and each of the 4 seasons.
6 pts for 4 LO

Challenge #3 Use this amazing inspiration from Imagination Soup to create a layout which documents a day in the life of an inanimate object.
2 pts

Challenge #10 Use TRAVEL in the title of your LO and include journaling about where you dream of going one day.
2 pts

Challenge #13 Use bluestardesign's gallery and find a fun paper layout to lift and recreate digi style.
1 pt

Challenge #15 Create a layout and use an eyechart somewhere on there.
1 pt, 1 Hybrid pt, 1 NR pt for Jady Day Studio & Meghan Mullen’s kit “Dad, You’re My Hero” released 6-9-12, LO posted 6-13-12

Challenge #16 Use one of these free fonts on a layout.
1 pt, 1 NR pt for Jean Barrette kit "Love You More Than Ice Cream" released 6-9-12, LO posted 6-13-12

Challenge #17 Use a SSD tutorial on a layout. I used the Blending Background Papers Tutorial.
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...ground-papers/
2pts, 1 pt NR for Traci Reed kit "My Buddy" released 6-16-12, LO posted 6-21-12

Challenge #20 Use these fun summer colors on your next layout.
1 pt

Challenge #21 Use a text path to journal in a circle
2 pt, 1 NR pt for Eva Kipler and Melissa Bennett kit "Boy Meets World" released 6-9-12, LO posted 6-13-12

Challenge #22 Use a ruler or another type of measurement as a focal point on your layout.
1 pt

Challenge #24 Create an element made out of buttons for your layout, get creative!
2 pts

Challenge #25 A touch of denim. Use denim somewhere on your layout
1 pt

Challenge #32 Scrap a layout using one or more envelopes.
1 pt

Challenge #37 Cool things down and create a layout that uses layers of white and black with just a pop of one other color.
1 pt, 1 NR pt for Mari Koegelengerg kit "Dad Rawks" released 6-9-12, LO posted 6-13-12

Challenge #40 Be inspired by the theme - Family Game Night
1 pt and 1 Hybrid pt

Last edited by BettyJoR; 06-21-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default My Spot for June

My Spot for June!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

16-Use one of these free fonts on a layout. (journaling, title, etc doesn't matter where!) - 1pt

23. What makes you (or your kids!) cool? Scrap about it in a fun way! - 2pts

39. Be bold and tell your story! Create a layout that features a photo where you've included the jouraling directly on the photo. -1pt

Last edited by nikkiARNGwife; 06-29-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am going to give it a go this month.

Total Points: 31

1. Hybrid layout - 10pts + 1 NR (My Life and Story Word Bits by Jady Day) Uploaded 6/23

11. Be inspired by word stickers. I chose to make the layout about my son. Hope that's ok. 2pts + 1NR (A Boy's Story -uploaded 6/27)= 3pts

12.Use one of the quilt squares as inspiration. 2pts

16. Use one of the free fonts. I used 5th grade cursive in my journaling. 1pt + 1NR pt = 2pts(Sunkissed collab by Studio Basic) uploaded 7/1

17. SSD tutorial. I used the awesome shadow tutorial by Sheri. She is amazing at shadows. So nice of her to share her process. 2pts + 1 NR pt= 3pts (My Buddy by Traci Reed) uploaded 6/23

18. Opposites attract. I am a more clean line scrapper so I channeled by inner Cindy by using one of her fabulous templates to step out of my comfort zone and do some layering. Cindy has a way of just making us all better scrappers 2pts + 1NR pt = 3pts (Oh The Drama! Traci and Jenn) uploaded 6/15.

20. Use these fun summer colors on your next layout. 1pt

21. use a text path to journal in a fun shape. I went with the fun square shape and actually even tried keeping with the square shape for my title. 2pts

30. One Little Word. 2pts

35. Scrap a LO with series of photos with captions. 2pts

Last edited by gracielou; 07-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 21

Challenge # 15 Create a layout and use an eyechart somewhere on there.
1 pt, 1 NR pt for Jady Day Studio & Meghan Mullen’s kit “Dad, You’re My Hero” released 6-9-12 = total 2 points

#21 -- Use a text path to journal in a circle or some other fun shape - 2 pts, NR 1 point (Love You More Than Ice Cream by Jenn Barrette, released 6/9) Total -- 3 points

#20 -- Summer is in full swing on my side of the world. Use these fun summer colors on your next layout -- 1pt. + 1 NR (Jady Day My Life Story, Cindy Schneider set 122, released 6/16)= 2 pts.

#24 Create an element made out of buttons for your layout, get creative! - 2 pts + 1 NR (Sassy Pants by Traci Reed & Erica Zane, released 6/16) = 3 points total

#39 -- Be bold and tell your story! Create a layout that features a photo where you’ve included the journaling
directly on the photo. - 1 pt + 1 pt for making it a hybrid = 2 pts.
This challenge inspired me to use the actual photo for the background of a flyer I created for a local scouts bike trail. Fonts and elements used from SSD designers.

#33 Is there anyone in your life you could describe this way? Or are you such a person in someone’s life? Scrap a page about it. - 1 pt

22. Use a ruler or another type of measurment as a focal point on your layout. - 1pt + NR 1pt (Baby Word Art by Cindy Scheider) = 2 pts.

#17 Did you know SSD has some awesome tutorials? Use one on a layout. Make sure to link up to the tutorial you used!! - 2pts
Used tutorial on blended backgrounds.

#16 Use one of these free fonts on a layout. -- 1 pt.

#36 -- Create a layout in tribute to your father and include a list of questions and answers completed by one or all of his children -- 2pts + 1 for hybrid = 3 pts

JUNE MONTHLY POINT TOTAL: 21

Last edited by LRaeWoo; 06-30-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I've never done this before, but let's see!

TOTAL: 34 points

1 - Joana1n is a master of the hybrid layout and we want you to become a master too. This month, create a hybrid layout with all the bells and whistles, layered papers, rolled flowers, real ribbon and MORE! - 10 pts

5 - Use the incredible portfolio of web designs at LeahCreates.com to inspire your next layout! Be sure to share which website inspired you too. - 2 pts + 1NR (kit released 6/16/12)

11. Be inspired by these word stickers and create an ALL ABOUT ME layout describing yourself -2pts

2 points

12. Shapes and Papers! Play around with your shape tool and use one of these quilt squares as inspiration for a fun paper pieced background. -2pts

17-Did you know SSD has some awesome tutorials? Use one on a layout. Make sure to link up to the tutorial you used!! - 2pts +1 NR (kit released 6/23/12)

#18. Opposites Attract! Are you clean and neat or a tad bit cluttery and messy? Take whatever your usual
scrapping style is and embrace the opposite. If you are a clean Janet style scrapper then embrace the
Cindy..if you scrap with tons of layers then embrace the clean lines. Have fun!! - 2pts

2pts.

2pts +1 NR (released 6/19)

24. Create an element made out of buttons for your layout, get creative! - 2pts +1 hybrid +1 NR (kit released 6/16)

#26: Use this photo checklist to capture your summer travels, whether it is across the country or across town. Select one of the photos from the list, and scrap it! - 1 pt
I chose the beautiful sunrise or sunset photo.

1pt + 1pt NR (bundle released 6/16)

36. Create a layout in tribute to your favorite father and include a list of questions and answers completed by one or all of his children. - 2 pts

2pts + 1 hybrid

total points: 34

Last edited by ta_merkins; 06-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 5

Challenge #21: Use a text path to journal in a circle or some other fun shape--2 points

Challenge #22: Use a ruler or another type of measurement as a focal point on your layout--1 point

Challenge #17: Did you know SSD has some awesome tutorials? Use one on a layout. Make sure to link up to the tutorial you used!! - 2pts

Last edited by Ramona the Pest; 06-24-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!

1pt. + 1pt for NR
20. Summer is in full swing on my side of the world. Use these fun summer colors on your next layout- 1pt

Last edited by christy402; 06-23-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total - 21 pts

#13 - 2pts +1 NRpt = 3pts

#16 - 1pt

#21 - 2pts +1 NRpt = 3pts

#22 - 1pt + 1 NR pt = 2pts

#25 - 1pt

#29 - 2pts

#32 - 1pt

#36 - 2pts +1 NR pt = 3pts

#39 - 2pts

#40 2pts +1 NR pt = 3pts

Last edited by Amber1279; 06-30-2012 at 04:41 PM.