Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Facebook Groups question

Ok, all you Facebook gurus, I have a question...

Is there a way to make it so people can't add me to their groups without my permission?

I keep getting added by people to these random groups which means next thing I know, I'm getting email notifications for groups I didn't sign up for. It's annoying and I'm tired of having to sign into Facebook to remove myself from groups I didn't sign up for in the first place. I know how to stop the email notifications or leave the group but is there a setting to stop people from adding me to groups in the first place?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

lol - I hate looking like a bad guy for leaving a group, but *I* didn't add me in the first place!

Evidently we can't stop it, but only those whom we have listed as friends can do it.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I have an issue with this too. I can never figure out how to get myself out of the group, so I just unfriend them.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I have an issue with this too. I can never figure out how to get myself out of the group, so I just unfriend them.
That much I do know - if you go to the group page, in the menu bar there's a gear icon. If you click on that, the final option in the menu is "Leave Group." I've also been unfriending anyone who adds me to a group that's spammy. I don't use FB enough to be annoyed by junk like that.

Ok, another question - does anyone know why my Instagram photos aren't showing up individually in my feed anymore? They used to but now they show up all grouped together as one item. This is why I hate FB - things that worked randomly stop.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

gonna assume you just got the same THREE emails from facebook that I got. I've already unsubbed from that stupid mailing list that the same person keeps sending but I keep getting the emails. Makes me crazy!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
gonna assume you just got the same THREE emails from facebook that I got. I've already unsubbed from that stupid mailing list that the same person keeps sending but I keep getting the emails. Makes me crazy!
LOL, this is why I unfriend them unless I don't personally know them - so they can't send it to me more than once.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep- I get added to groups all the time from people selling stuff. It drives me bonkers, but I usually just leave the group.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
Yep- I get added to groups all the time from people selling stuff. It drives me bonkers, but I usually just leave the group.
this. If they would share their group, I would probably join. But being added and then slammed with emails. I don't stay in the group and I'll unfriend if it happens again.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This is really an annoying thing about Facebook... I wish it would send you a request instead of automatically joining you!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

IG and Facebook are not being friendly right now, it's happening to everyone unfortunately.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
This is really an annoying thing about Facebook... I wish it would send you a request instead of automatically joining you!
Same here! It seems so counter-intuitive to me. Like I can randomly be added to a group by someone whether I'm interested in that group or not but heaven forbid I want my Instagram photos to continue to post full-size to my Timeline. No, that must be protected.

And yes Jen, that seems to be what I've learned from the bit of Googling I did. Having to manually set my IG to show each time kind of defeats the purpose of sharing them instantly from my phone. But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that FB would buy Instagram and mess that up. It's pretty much what they're best at - making things as difficult and clunky as possible.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

It does say someone invited you to join - but then you're already in
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I've noticed that too Darcy. It's weird.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My new annoyance...........you can't block games and stuff in the newsfeed anymore. Or group chats. I use to be able to hide that on my feed and now it is all back w/o the option to block. Makes me a little nuts. And yes, I have been added to a group and had to un-join the group. Annoying. I wish I could just be there for a few of my groups and that was it. The rest is just driving me nuts. LOL
Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Same here! It seems so counter-intuitive to me. Like I can randomly be added to a group by someone whether I'm interested in that group or not but heaven forbid I want my Instagram photos to continue to post full-size to my Timeline. No, that must be protected.

And yes Jen, that seems to be what I've learned from the bit of Googling I did. Having to manually set my IG to show each time kind of defeats the purpose of sharing them instantly from my phone. But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that FB would buy Instagram and mess that up. It's pretty much what they're best at - making things as difficult and clunky as possible.
I noticed that Instagram was posting differently, too. How do you switch it to make them show up full size? Do you have to do it for each individual photo? Lame.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
I noticed that Instagram was posting differently, too. How do you switch it to make them show up full size? Do you have to do it for each individual photo? Lame.
If you go to your Timeline page, it's under Activity Log. Just click the Activity Log button and then change the All tab at the top to Instagram and it'll show all your Instagram photos. Then there's a small circle to the right of each one that if you click on will give you the option to Show In Timeline. But as far as I can tell, yes you have to do them each manually and there's no option to make Show In Timeline the default.