Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2023, 12:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default mac update and previews - help me

So I just in the last two weeks switched from a PC to a Macbook and I am loving it, and finally feeling like I have all the files transfered (it took days lol to be sure I had files from one drive to another, then could reformat the old drive so I could do more than just look at files).
Last week I was easily able to change the folder icons to pictures - which is what I had done on my pc (making icon picture files for each kit). Then there was an update - and the process does not work. I can't figure out how to "see" the kit preview as the folder now - does anyone know how? I've googled several times (thinking I am not asking the question right maybe) but haven't found anything. I miss my kit previews as I'm scrolling through shop folders.

Or does anyone with a Mac have a way that they can "see" each folder as in the preview before opening it up?
Old 10-08-2023, 10:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So I do this - open up the preview image and ctrl-a (select all) and ctrl-c (copy). Then click on the folder that contains your kit and cmd-I (for Info. Maybe it’s Ctrl-I? I’m on my phone so can’t check). Then click on the folder icon in the top left when that comes up -Ctrl-v to paste. Voila, your folder should now be the preview.

If none of this makes sense let me know I’ll post some screenshots (just not at my computer right now)

Old 10-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
So I do this - open up the preview image and ctrl-a (select all) and ctrl-c (copy). Then click on the folder that contains your kit and cmd-I (for Info. Maybe it?s Ctrl-I? I?m on my phone so can?t check). Then click on the folder icon in the top left when that comes up -Ctrl-v to paste. Voila, your folder should now be the preview.

If none of this makes sense let me know I?ll post some screenshots (just not at my computer right now)
normally even a cmd-c on the preview image is enough, that's what I do
Old 10-08-2023, 11:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I purchased ACSee, which has been my go to for organizing and using digi goodies for year and years. I've been using a mac for over a year now and I still don't feel like I have a great handle on the ins and outs, especially since I still use a PC at work.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels View Post
normally even a cmd-c on the preview image is enough, that's what I do
I?ve been doing too much work!!! Lol! I will have to try it.

Old 10-08-2023, 10:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I purchased ACSee, which has been my go to for organizing and using digi goodies for year and years. I've been using a mac for over a year now and I still don't feel like I have a great handle on the ins and outs, especially since I still use a PC at work.
Macs have a built in tagging system that is awesome, and I make my previews the folder image so I can see them in the big folder. It took me awhile to switch everything to the Mac ways but I love it now, I couldn?t go back (I use a PC at work too)

Old 10-09-2023, 01:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thank you ladies! I will try that way - I seriously thought I had it and then there was the update and they all went away I was so sad. I may have to look into the ACSee if I can't figure it out otherwise I miss my previews so much!

I suppose I could just do a LR catalog of the previews too. Hmm...

Also the tagging system is on my list of things to learn to use efficiently - I feel like there's so much potential with that
Old 10-09-2023, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love my tag I use a PC at work too unfortunately