Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default HOW TO: Link to YOUR Post in a Thread

Hey chickies!

We have a lot of new faces joining us to play along with our 15th birthday which is sooooo fun! We are thrilled to have you guys here!

A lot of you are asking how to link to YOUR post in a thread, so I thought I would show you where to grab that info.

Locate your post in the thread you want to link to, and in the upper right corner of that post, you should see a pink number. Right click that pink number and choose "copy link address" from the drop down menu that appears.

Then in the master bingo thread, simply edit your post and paste your newly copied link into the appropriate day to keep track of which events you've participated in! Easy peasy!

Hope the info helps, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here!

Welcome! Welcome!

Robin
Old 02-04-2021, 11:18 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

This helps! Two more questions:
1. how do we modify our original post to add the linK?
2. How long does it take to approve day 3 posts so that we can get the link?

thanks!!
Old 02-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelw8660 View Post
This helps! Two more questions:
1. how do we modify our original post to add the linK?
2. How long does it take to approve day 3 posts so that we can get the link?

thanks!!
I can answer the first question - if you go to your original post, you will see an edit option in the lower right corner.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:31 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Hi, I am fairly new to the forum and still figuring things out. I tried all day yesterday, and just tried again right now, to comment on the Feb 3rd - Birthday Kit Show & Tell thread. This is the message that I get every time: Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
My comment to the thread has not been posted and I have tried over 10 times. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to see all the comments I have made? Thank you for the help.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ladies, this may help...

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=71607
Old 02-04-2021, 01:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamallama View Post
Hi, I am fairly new to the forum and still figuring things out. I tried all day yesterday, and just tried again right now, to comment on the Feb 3rd - Birthday Kit Show & Tell thread. This is the message that I get every time: Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
My comment to the thread has not been posted and I have tried over 10 times. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to see all the comments I have made? Thank you for the help.
Welcome to SSD! The reason you need to be approved is because your post count is so low. When one of the moderators sees this they may be able to help you out. If you don't want to wait, I think you can increase your post count by making comments in the gallery. Assuming that the first one you try goes through, I think your account will automatically upgrade to a full account after a certain number, like 10-15.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:45 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

How do I edit my post?
I don't see an option and when I look at the "posting rules" it says You may NOT edit your posts. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2021, 02:01 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Hi I'm very confused how to update the challenges in the same my own spot thread. Everytime I try updating, I am creating a new thread number. Sorry!!!So please tell me how to do/edit within in my own master thread spot.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:15 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Me too!

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday... maybe itís because Iím new?

Quote:
Old 02-04-2021, 03:37 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Welcome to SSD! The reason you need to be approved is because your post count is so low. When one of the moderators sees this they may be able to help you out. If you don't want to wait, I think you can increase your post count by making comments in the gallery. Assuming that the first one you try goes through, I think your account will automatically upgrade to a full account after a certain number, like 10-15.
I had no problems commenting on the other birthday posts. My comments posted immediately on those. I don't understand.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I had no problems commenting on the other birthday posts. My comments posted immediately on those. I don't understand.
Is this the only one that had a link as part of your response? Maybe the required number of posts is higher.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2021, 03:56 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Is this the only one that had a link as part of your response? Maybe the required number of posts is higher.

I am not sure what you mean by has a link in it? For the Feb. 3rd challenge, I was trying to post a birthday kit that I liked on my post. I have tried several times, like almost 20 times and I kept getting the response that it needs to be approved. Wouldn't the person who posted the thread see all my attempts and approve it??? I am super confused!

Also, since you are answering my replies, lol, how does everyone make those cool name signatures on their posts? Thank you!
Old 02-04-2021, 04:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by has a link in it? For the Feb. 3rd challenge, I was trying to post a birthday kit that I liked on my post. I have tried several times, like almost 20 times and I kept getting the response that it needs to be approved. Wouldn't the person who posted the thread see all my attempts and approve it??? I am super confused!

Also, since you are answering my replies, lol, how does everyone make those cool name signatures on their posts? Thank you!
First, here's a tutorial for signatures.
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...siggie-part-1/
The article mentions Photobucket, but since free accounts there don't support forum postings anymore a lot of people are using Imgur and Flickr to host their signatures.

When I say that your birthday game reply included a link, I meant a link to the kit you wanted to show. Maybe the forum software can't tell the difference between an internal link (to another SSD page) and an external link, so it treats them all cautiously when people are new here. Between your posts here and to the game, your bases are covered. I'm sure someone will see it and get back to you (or approve it) soon.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:28 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey ladies!

I just upgraded a few of you who were in the moderation queue so that you should be able to post freely now. I also tried to push through at least one post from each of you for the Feb 3rd thread, but double check that your post is appearing now and if it isn't post again.

I deleted the entire moderation queue since it goes back years and years and had thousands of posts in it, so it's fresh and I should more easily be able to see posts from anyone new!

Thanks so much for your patience,

R
Old 02-04-2021, 05:45 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Hey ladies!

I just upgraded a few of you who were in the moderation queue so that you should be able to post freely now. I also tried to push through at least one post from each of you for the Feb 3rd thread, but double check that your post is appearing now and if it isn't post again.

I deleted the entire moderation queue since it goes back years and years and had thousands of posts in it, so it's fresh and I should more easily be able to see posts from anyone new!

Thanks so much for your patience,

R
I just tried posting again for the Feb. 3rd thread and it's still giving me this message. I search the thread to see if any of my 20+ attempts to comment had been posted and none of my comments are there. What do I do? Thank you!

mamallama
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

EDITED to add this: I just tried commenting again without putting a link to the birthday kits that I liked and my comment posted, FINALLY! LOL! I hope that I did it right!
I went in and edited my post and it let me add the links that way.

Last edited by mamallama; 02-05-2021 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never knew!!!! Ha!!!!!
Old 02-04-2021, 09:46 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have the same issue with Feb 3rd's post saying it needed to be approved. I don't want to miss those pretty alphas!
Old 02-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I seem to be having issues as well. I was able to reach out to Jacinda via PM so she could mark me down for day 3. I will just have to comment on some of those amazing gallery posts!
Old 02-05-2021, 03:22 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles831 View Post
I have the same issue with Feb 3rd's post saying it needed to be approved. I don't want to miss those pretty alphas!
Try just commenting on the post, without any links. I did that and my post immediately posted! Then, I went in and edited my post and added the links. It doesn't show a picture of the kit on my post, but the link is there. I am new too and still figuring things out. I hope that this helps!
Old 02-06-2021, 08:12 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

thanks!
Old 02-10-2021, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do I do with the bingo card? I'm updating my links...
Old 02-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I am not sure if this makes a difference but you can try it on the post you are having trouble with. I think clicking on "quick" button for the reply to a post keeps triggering the moderator thing. I tried again yesterday doing the 'post reply' at the bottom of the page instead and it went through. I had the same problem. Not sure if that is the right way but see if it works for you.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:58 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Hi I have a random question, if I completed 27 days of the bday bash, but skipped day 14 - does my card still count as a blackout?!