Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-15-2018, 10:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default About the GGG sale........

I love love love a good sale, I really do. The only thing that I am sad about with the GGG sale is that it is so close to DSD. I wish I had an unlimited budget for both sales but I have not so I am forced to chose between the two. I am seeing a lot of my wishlist items in the sale at this moment but when I spend a lot of $$$ on the GGG sale..I just cannot spend a lot at the DSD sale. What to do ?!?!

Is there any way to maybe have the GGG sale between the scrapbooking days next year ?? Just so I can spend more money at SSD ??? There is probably a good reason for the GGG sale to be now but moneywise for me...the timing is really bad
Old 09-15-2018, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have to agree with you - for me it’s one sale or the other not both especially with the NZ $ only being worth 65c at the moment.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 09-15-2018, 11:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, GGG, DSD, and Black Friday are all very close together. I'd spend more if they were spread out, too!
Old 09-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

We honestly think about the timing of our sales pretty carefully, and feel like there are lots of good opportunities to save throughout the year. To time them perfectly is nearly impossible as there always seems to be a sale or event around the corner.

We've done GGG in summer when people are vacationing and spending on kids and that doesn't work great. We've tried it at Christmas/New Year when people are spending fatigued because of the holidays and not around much. We have to work around NSD, our annual summer sale, DSD, Black Friday and our Anniversary in February, so I'd advise to just think of any sale as a good opportunity to add to your stash within your means.

If you cant spend during both, pick your favorites here and there! We get it, we really do!
Old 09-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Oh and for the record... we HATE Digital Scrapbook Day as an event in general and would prefer to just have ONE scrapbooking holiday in May for National Scrapbook Day. DSD and Black Friday are ALWAYS too close, even with the change to the first weekend in October. It's just an awkwardly timed event.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, everything R said. Also, we debated having the sale right after Christmas like we have before but as a team decided on this weekend. If we can see that it works better in late Dec early Jan we are always willing to change. It's one of those floating sales that we can move around, and like R said, it basically overlaps something no matter when we schedule it. Thanks for your feedback, Biancka! We will definitely keep it in mind the next time we plan GGG.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Everything that R and Brooke said. I used to hate how all the sales landed. I just had to be very strategic during the times I knew sales were coming up. Plus doing the challenges and getting the discount helped a TON.

The one thing to remember about GGG, DSD, and Black Friday, GGG means those kits are gone FOREVER. So if you want something you have to get it then.
With DSD, NSD, Black Friday, you have at least a year to get those kits before they are even thought about retiring (unless the designer retires but then they normally have a sale).
Old 09-15-2018, 11:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
We honestly think about the timing of our sales pretty carefully, and feel like there are lots of good opportunities to save throughout the year. To time them perfectly is nearly impossible as there always seems to be a sale or event around the corner.

We've done GGG in summer when people are vacationing and spending on kids and that doesn't work great. We've tried it at Christmas/New Year when people are spending fatigued because of the holidays and not around much. We have to work around NSD, our annual summer sale, DSD, Black Friday and our Anniversary in February, so I'd advise to just think of any sale as a good opportunity to add to your stash within your means.

If you cant spend during both, pick your favorites here and there! We get it, we really do!
I thought that would be the case. I am trying to remember if there have always been two DSDs or of that's something that happened along the way. I think it is best for me to just make a seperate bankaccount......put money in it every month and allocate a certain amount for every sale That would be best....and I think I'll start doing that somewhere in January when we make our new, annual budget. Already adding things to my wishlist and I know I cannot buy everything.....and the sad thing is, what I can't buy will be gone in a weeks time. I know you are making space for more new & awesome designs....but being able to have everything in my SSD stash...that hurts
Old 09-15-2018, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Yeah, everything R said. Also, we debated having the sale right after Christmas like we have before but as a team decided on this weekend. If we can see that it works better in late Dec early Jan we are always willing to change. It's one of those floating sales that we can move around, and like R said, it basically overlaps something no matter when we schedule it. Thanks for your feedback, Biancka! We will definitely keep it in mind the next time we plan GGG.
I am not sure if there is any sale in February but that feels like a good month.....in between holidays/sales. Hmmm, Valentine's Day is in February. Yeah, I see why it's difficult to plan the GGG sale. I just have to accept that I just won't be able to buy everything in the sale. I would love to but I think my husband wouldn't be too happy with me ! LOL Yes dear, I spend $200 today on scrap-goodies and believe me.......it's the best deal of the year !! I don't think he'll see it like that.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
The one thing to remember about GGG, DSD, and Black Friday, GGG means those kits are gone FOREVER. So if you want something you have to get it then.
With DSD, NSD, Black Friday, you have at least a year to get those kits before they are even thought about retiring (unless the designer retires but then they normally have a sale).
I haven't thought about it like this ! You are so right. I am able to get a good deal with the Bingo BlackOut coupon anyway so it might be best to focus on this sale.....and at DSD spend the amount of $$$ it takes to get all the FWPs That sounds like a plan !! Thank you ♥
Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I haven't thought about it like this ! You are so right. I am able to get a good deal with the Bingo BlackOut coupon anyway so it might be best to focus on this sale.....and at DSD spend the amount of $$$ it takes to get all the FWPs That sounds like a plan !! Thank you ♥
That is definitely what I would do. You'll have 40% off with a Bingo Blackout that you'd get to use on the new products coming at DSD.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:17 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I am not sure if there is any sale in February but that feels like a good month.....in between holidays/sales.
February is our anniversary month, so we always do a month worth of sales, games, contests, promos, etc.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
February is our anniversary month, so we always do a month worth of sales, games, contests, promos, etc.
Wendy just told me Gosh, you really do not realize what a pain scheduling all those sales are.....but now I do !! I just have to be more prepared and make sure I have enough $$$$ for all the sales ! It's the least I can do
Old 09-15-2018, 12:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
That is definitely what I would do. You'll have 40% off with a Bingo Blackout that you'd get to use on the new products coming at DSD.
That is what I did last year for sure. Add NRs to my wishlist and buy them with my coupon. I'd even add the FWPs to my wishlist and buy those with my coupon as well I do know that I can't buy every single item I don't have from the GGG sale but I have a week to make up my mind what to buy.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Thanks, Robin!
LOL! I totally get it! My comment wasn't anything to do with SSD ...more wishing my budget was bigger and preparing for LOVING everything that comes out for DSD.
I'm always watching for SSD sales. I actually put a note on my calendar to remember the Black Friday sale (and budget for it!).
Nothing but love here!
Old 09-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Thanks, Robin!
LOL! I totally get it! My comment wasn't anything to do with SSD
Nah! You guys are awesome, and we always appreciate the feedback <3 I didn't take it personally at all! I just like sharing insight into why we do what we do sometimes as it can be more helpful than silence
Old 09-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh and for the record... we HATE Digital Scrapbook Day as an event in general and would prefer to just have ONE scrapbooking holiday in May for National Scrapbook Day. DSD and Black Friday are ALWAYS too close, even with the change to the first weekend in October. It's just an awkwardly timed event.
I think if you all hate NSD you should just not do it! It's a lot of pressure for all of you to create new stuff all the time and it's added pressure because you are all expected to create more during that time.
Personally I would be okay with just ONE NSD event a year.