Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default So bummed...

I've been looking forward to today for quite a while. My youngest DS and one of his friends and I are headed to Boise to see my DD in college for the weekend to get some Christmas shopping done and watch Boise State play Utah tomorrow...but we have a funeral to go to today

My DH teaches 4th grade, and he is one of those teachers everybody loves. He gets to know not only his students but also his students' families, and "everybody wants Mr. Lankford" for their 4th grade teacher. Anyway, one of DH's former students tragically ended his own life last weekend and the funeral is this afternoon. They are closing my DH's elementary school this afternoon so staff can attend.

This kind of thing just makes me so sad My heart aches especially for his mom. His mom and dad had endured a painful divorce, and his mom is just a sweetheart (works in the office at the high school). This afternoon is going to be so difficult.

Please keep Sue and Greg in your thoughts and prayers this afternoon. They are going to need all the prayers they can get.