Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2019, 08:50 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you have a favorite page ever that you have made?

Or do they all blend in and forget each individual page eventually?

I was thinking today about how i have particular pages which i really love and/or am proud of (sometimes the ones i love aren't particularly the ones i'm proud of the scrapbooking, sometimes it's just the way the kit worked or the photos i used) but then i don't really say to people - hey see this page here, i really love this one

So is anyone willing to share a page that stands out in their memory of something great they did and the reason why they love it so much?

Make it a brag-fest lol
Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

This one:

Each time I see it, my heart melts to that smile and the way I scrapped it was just perfect the way it is!
Old 03-07-2019, 11:03 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

This is my fave - simple but i love the kit and love the photo

Old 03-08-2019, 12:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This was sooo hard for me! Plus I think a lot of my layouts were lost when Zoe's gallery was retired. : (
I think this is my favorite, though, because it's so introspective and out of my box (because clearly my "box" is a template by Cindy or Crystal!) and pretty. I made it for some contest we had a few years back, and I ended up having to change my entry bcause my journaling didn't comply with the rules, but I still love the original so much.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This was an easy pick for me for two reasons. One is because my granddaughter is in it and I love this photo taken when she was well (before the traumatic brain injury) and so happy and well. The second reason is because she was with my beloved golden retriever who passed away shortly after that. This page really touches my heart.

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:32 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
This was sooo hard for me! Plus I think a lot of my layouts were lost when Zoe's gallery was retired. : (
I think this is my favorite, though, because it's so introspective and out of my box (because clearly my "box" is a template by Cindy or Crystal!) and pretty. I made it for some contest we had a few years back, and I ended up having to change my entry bcause my journaling didn't comply with the rules, but I still love the original so much.
Oh no - why did you have to ditch it for the competition? i love the journalling - so relatable
Old 03-08-2019, 02:36 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
This was an easy pick for me for two reasons. One is because my granddaughter is in it and I love this photo taken when she was well (before the traumatic brain injury) and so happy and well. The second reason is because she was with my beloved golden retriever who passed away shortly after that. This page really touches my heart.
Oh wow those are 2 very emotional reasons for this to be your favourite, no wonder it is so special to you. Can i ask did you scrap this when your grand daughter was well or after the injury, just curious as i have photos of people that i have since lost but I wasn't scrapping back when the photo was taken, and wondering how to emotions work in that situation...
Old 03-08-2019, 03:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a few...

This one is one of my absolute favorites.
I love the photos, the template, the colors, the clusters... I get happy every time I look at that layout.

And a recent fave.
I love KCB kits in combination with Erica's templates.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my!! That's a tough one! It is fun to go down memory lane, so let me see what I can find
Old 03-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is my most recent all time favourite just because of the photo. It's the one I took of Thomas when were leaving the hospital after he had meningitis at 4 weeks old.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is easily my most favorite page ever. I've shared it before so you guys might be hearing a repeat but my reasoning is always going to be the same. <3

Purple is my favorite color and this series of photos and journaling holds so much emotion for me! It's the first photos of our daughter realizing her daddy was home from a 10 month long deployment to Afghanistan. She hadn't seen him since she was a little over 2 years old and we had worried so much that she wouldn't recognize him or be angry/scared etc. In the first photo she's running to him and the other two photos show her just clinging to him in a quiet happiness (so rare for toddler Aubrey) and disbelief and my husband tearing up holding her. I relive that moment every time I see this page. <3

Old 03-08-2019, 12:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is one of my all-time favorites. Our daughter's wedding - Father/Daughter dance. When I first heard this song, I knew it would be the one they danced to together at her wedding. My hubby was having such a hard time holding himself together.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sorry, I had to add this one, too. I had forgotten that I created this one. I just came across it in the gallery.
Songs sometimes say what I find hard to verbalize. We've been going through SUCH a hard time with Josh, especially in the last few weeks. When I first heard this song, I just cried. When I added his name into the lyrics, it became my prayer for him.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tracey - this photo was taken before my GD suffered brain injury and was scrapped before it happened. But, I have since then scrapped some photos of her from the hospital (she has been hospitalized since the event) and I focus on positivity in the moment and I've also done a few art journal type pages about the emotional aspect of her life now. Either way, I find it therapeutic to let it out, get it onto a layout....it's my therapy.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have two, both of which were created for the Summer Games challenges a few years back. I can't choose between them! Both allowed me to do what I love most when scrapping: cluster my little heart out!

Old 03-08-2019, 01:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Kinda related...

My secret talent is that I can look at a scrapbook layout I've made and often remember the movie or TV show I was watching when I made it.

If only I could use my brain for something actually useful, right?!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This page means an awful lot to me.

I still don't quite how understand how my son happened. It should have been impossible for him to have been conceived when he was... but he was. I never in a million years thought I would have a son... but I did. I didn't know how much I needed him until he arrived.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Kinda related...

My secret talent is that I can look at a scrapbook layout I've made and often remember the movie or TV show I was watching when I made it.

If only I could use my brain for something actually useful, right?!
That's so funny, LeeAndra! LOL! I was thinking it would probably be better if the memory played back in your mind like a movie
Old 03-08-2019, 03:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do have a favorite- and the crazy thing is that it's one of the very first pages I made way back in 2009! Technically, I can pick it apart- but it was one of the first layouts that I put everything I had learned to good use in pse!

Old 03-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
This one:

Each time I see it, my heart melts to that smile and the way I scrapped it was just perfect the way it is!
BEAUTIFUL!
Old 03-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
WOW! This is absolutely beautiful! What an amazing story that belongs with this memory… brought tears to my eyes! LOVE!
Old 03-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These are some amazing layouts! I love hearing the special meanings of all of them too. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I didn’t expect this thread to make me so teary.... what beautiful therapy scrapping is!!!
Old 03-08-2019, 06:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel like I link this page every time there's a "favorites" thread, but it is my favorite layout here at SSD-sharing some of my son's journey with Crohn's disease:
Old 03-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Heather - I was so touched by your story. My hubs has Crohn's and he is going to go on Remicade soon. He suffers every day, poor guy.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

He's doing so great now! Still doing Humira injections every other week, and probably will forever unless it stops working. I pray every day that a cure will be found. So many are suffering with it.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow! So many gorgeous LOs and the stories behind them are so very touching!