Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default LOST 5/11 spoilers

So...what did you think??

Answers galore..not completely satisified with the back story..I want to know where their "mother" came from..why she was there...what her deal was...

I hate to admit that I was a little cheesed-out with the stream/light scene..not sure what else they could have done there but I think it needed more...I wasn't really happy with Allison Janney in that role either..she just wasn't "mysterious" enough for me...

but I think seen as a whole it was solid episode...we got big answers..we know now that Jacob and MIB were brothers..that they were human at one point and we know what it is (sort of) that Jacob was chosen to protect. We got an answer as to who the "Adam & Eve" in the caves were. And some other small confirmations of things we'd always suspected.

I think too much of this episode showed them as children..I think we needed to see more of them as adults and their interaction...the kid acting just didn't do it for me...although it did answer the question as to who the kid was that Flocke kept seeing all over the island.

1 episode and then the finale...it still hasn't hit me that it'll be over forever...I think I need join a Post-Lost Therapy group lol

Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

SPOILERS - SPOILERS

Do we have spoiler codes.....I totally have a theory on WHO the replacement is and might have been in the past and it has nothing do with what is in our face. . .

We all think Jack, right? too easy so - okay maybe somebody else...but have you thought about this person?

think about how Jacob and MIB came to the island? How has someone else (now dead) come to the island?

And most recently? how did someone ELSE come to the island the same way?

So I think that the true replacement is the only living person that arrived the same way Jacob and his brother did (which I called the brother thing)

---

On another note (still spoiler) I am very enlightened and sad for both of them -- I don't think either one is really bad or good. Just trying to get revenge.

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011

Last edited by Priscilla; 05-12-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about this episode. Like you said Nikki it was a solid episode overall, but something about it was just so . .. . underwhelming. It has had a lot of negative reaction. Many people exclaiming this episode "ruined lost for them" . . .don't think I would take it that far though! I liked it, I just didn't love it.

I don't really have any issues with any of the answers provided. Some were mildly cheesy but I'm satisfied.

The one thing that bugged me the most is how the heck the Mother managed to kill all the people in that village (those were some pretty strong looking men lol!) and then fill in all the wells? By herself? In the time it took for him to wake up from a concussion? SPOILER ALERT --> one of the theories floating around is that she was able to do it because she's a smoke monster herself but i'm not entirely sold on that. i don't see them having time to explain a detail like that now. these are the kinds of 'mysteries' that bug me the most. i would have been fine not knowing who Adam and Eve were. I didn't need to know who built the donkey wheel. Those are the things you can just chalk up to mystery and magic and science fiction and have fun guessing. But something like this, how a regular woman (we were led to believe she had regular strength, otherwise she wouldn't have had to kill by rock bashing lol!) was able to do all that in such a seemingly short period of time. . . those are the kinds of questions that KILL me! lol! I can cope with mystery. I can't cope with seemingly absurd plot holes!

and now i'm returning to the fan boards to continue reading all the theories

*sigh* whatever will i do with my free time when there are no more theories to read!?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

well, for ONCE i'm actually caught up and I can join this discussion, LOL! Normally I'm way behind in watching on the DVR...

I liked the episode! although my DH at one point said "who's that guy?" (referring to MIB), and then I realized he thought Locke was still REALLY Locke. I said HELLO...Locke died, remember? He also didn't realize until like two weeks ago that the "flashbacks" of the castaways are really "what-if they hadn't crashed" scenes. Seriously, why does he bother watching??

Anyhow...some of the mysteries they solved I'd already forgotten about, LOL! like Adam and Eve...haven't thought of them again since that one episode! And I totally found myself wondering how the mom got there, why they brought up her "favoring" the MIB son instead of Jacob (what's up w/that?)...

But I liked it! I'm not overly picky...I just watch for entertainment. But now that you mention it Mishou...how the heck DID the mom manage to do all that?? Definitely makes you wonder...

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Since they never mentioned it, I named black-smoke-guy "Marcus" - because that bugged me that he never had a name.

Weird episode. Totally hokey that the "light" is what has to be protected.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'm finally caught up myself...it was only an ok episode for me not sure really what to think at this point. I'm sure I'll watch it again with DH and form some theories on my own

Priscilla you totally confused me..are you referring to Desmond?

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Ok so here are the questions I still have/got last night...

1. What is MIB's real name!?
2. What exactly is the light?
3. Is the black smoke actually his soul?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going with the theory MIB's real name is either Esau or Adam. Jacob and Esau -- makes sense. Adam -- a name given posthumously by the Losties. It's possible he never had a name.

I like the theory that mother was once the smoke monster. Perhaps she needed Jacob to guard the light wholesomely, but MIB to guard the island from less than worthy souls. Perhaps she planned for both of them to be protectors from the beginning.... and MIB is still really ticked about it.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hahah!

No

Aaron was born on the island as well as the girl that Ben took as his daughter.

They are the only other two people we know of born of born there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
I'm finally caught up myself...it was only an ok episode for me not sure really what to think at this point. I'm sure I'll watch it again with DH and form some theories on my own

Priscilla you totally confused me..are you referring to Desmond?

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

[vent mode ON]Am I the only one who hated this episode (btw, this is a 1st)? I wanna some answers! No.more.questions. Just get to the point, peeeeople! Don't get me wrong, I love LOST, always have and always will LOL
I'm just tired of getting more questions than answers.
[vent mode OFF]

And anyone thought about the mother being a 'female' MIB?
See:
she killed the real mother - cold blood.
she said the exactly words that MIB said once "they come, they fight, they corrupt, bla bla bla".
she "killed her special" son without blinking an eye.
she killed every person from "across the sea" people.
she appears to knew exactly what's inside that cave (maybe b/c she went inside already?)
and she died w/ a stab in her back exactly in the way that Dogen tried to kill Sayd that time.

And seeing this I thought about if Jacob is dead is b/c he already had gave his immortality to someone else BEFORE HIS DEATH. Does that make any sense?