Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm
Default NSBR: Ugh! Something is growing in my....

..abdomen? IDK what's going on, but recently I have noticed that I have sort of knots or lumps in my stomach just above my belly button and on either side of it. It's not 10 or 20 of them..just one larger one on the right and one smaller one on the left.

Naturally, the first thing that comes to mind is I have stomach cancer and I'm going to die. It's a fear that my Mother instilled in me and it's not easily shaken. I realize it could be a number of things, but you know..mind always leans towards the worst.

I AM going to make an appt. to see my doctor soon, I just felt like sharing this and asking anyone who has experienced anything similar to share as well. Cysts are an option..hernia?..plain old fat balls..hell, it could just be how my stomach is and I just haven't pressed into it hard enough before.

It's not something you can see from the outside, and you have to really press down onto my skin to feel *something* abnormal..I think. Crazy thing is though..when I lay flat on my back, my big fat gut gets all flat and I don't feel them at ALL. Seems they only are *there* when I am sitting or standing?

Cheer me up..I am sad and I think I might need a nerve pill.

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:41 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

well I am sure you are not going to die.. You've been working out right? maybe you're getting some abs lol... or.. you know.. you're carrying alien babies Good luck at your appointment darling
Old 04-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
well I am sure you are not going to die.. You've been working out right? maybe you're getting some abs lol... or.. you know.. you're carrying alien babies Good luck at your appointment darling
Well..I HAVE been exercising (treadmill), but lord..the last time I was on that thing..I don't even remember. I don't think abs are supposed to be rolly are they? LOL And no..no babies..not even alien ones.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

come on.. little green alien babies would be a BLAST lol
Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my first thought was ... a baby.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
come on.. little green alien babies would be a BLAST lol
Ok well I'm definitely *hoping* it's something as wonderful as little green alien babies.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I know people who've had uterine cysts that they could feel though their abdomens... maybe that could be it... ???
get to the dr. darlin! I'll be worried about you till you get checked out! We love you mrs. bean!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaBean View Post
Ok well I'm definitely *hoping* it's something as wonderful as little green alien babies.
That would be so wonderful!!! Cute little MandaBean green alien babies. Just think of the LO's that would make!!! LOL!!!

Get to the doctor and get checked out soon - K!?!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 04-24-2008, 12:14 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Well, I hope it's nothing as exciting as alien babies! I'm pretty sure it's not ovarian cysts, I think pushing on an ovarian cyst would send you into orbit in pain. Trust me on that. Eeek. Hope you get some answers from a doc. ((hug))
Old 04-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Maybe a hernia? I had one after my pregnancies. I had a previous surgery so I had an incision line. The weight of the pregnancies tore it and I ended up with a hernia. At first it was about the size of an egg but when I had it repaired about 6 weeks ago it was the size of an cantelope.

Hernias can be caused by all kinds of other strains too.

The good news is the surgery to repair it was outpatient and not too bad. I enjoyed the pain killers
Old 04-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebee70 View Post
Well, I hope it's nothing as exciting as alien babies! I'm pretty sure it's not ovarian cysts, I think pushing on an ovarian cyst would send you into orbit in pain. Trust me on that. Eeek. Hope you get some answers from a doc. ((hug))
Well..when I push on the right side, it hurts. Not like..drop me to my knees hurts, but there's a tiny bit of ouch.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWresh View Post
Maybe a hernia? I had one after my pregnancies. I had a previous surgery so I had an incision line. The weight of the pregnancies tore it and I ended up with a hernia. At first it was about the size of an egg but when I had it repaired about 6 weeks ago it was the size of an cantelope.

Hernias can be caused by all kinds of other strains too.

The good news is the surgery to repair it was outpatient and not too bad. I enjoyed the pain killers
Well I haven't had any babies, but I am pretty fat. Hernias can pop up due to being overweight can't they? Do they hurt at all when you press on em?

Old 04-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went through a similar scare except the bumps were on my arms, and they felt like large peas, but they were sore to the touch. Of course, I thought, cancer? My doctor said it was fatty "bubbles" that were completely harmless. Please let us know what your doctor says...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 04-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Best wishes to you, and let us know what the DR. says...

Proud to be creating for:

Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to jocelinsmommy

being overweight can cause hernias (had one after i had my kiddo)....or fatty tumors (no its not cancer) and ovarian cysts HURT--can atest to that--busted one the other day---took the wind out of me and I couldnt move for part of the day...if it hurts its very unlikely that its cancer (my best guess---plus it should make u feel better...i think?!). A long time ago my sister had 3 lumps in that same area...went to the doc and they were fatty tumors...just sharing my expierence--and small amount of knowledge---lol dads a doc..moms an RN--lol grew up living in a hospital practically--working on my RN---so hope maybe with that it makes u feel a bit better **HUGS** Ur in my prayers!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i wasn't thinking an ovarian cyst - oh god i've had one of those rupture too pretty sure that was when little T was concieved, but good god i wanted to die!

but my aunts hand uterine cysts, they were bigger (like orange sized) and if they are big enough they can be felt from the outside... but i bet hernia is a closer bet.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wonder if you have Lipomas?

These buggers can hurt, then the pain will go away then come back again. And they say if the pain continues then you should get them removed. I had one under my left breast and had it removed when it kept huting so bad I could barely breathe. I know I have more in there somewhere and they pop up from time to time.

I've been wanting to make an appt. to ask my doctor why (when looking in the mirror) my right side has bigger area sticking out than my left. My first thoughts are always toward Cancer ( or the worst scenario) too (thanks to my mother also).

I'm sure it is nothing serious. Keep us posted please! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dont have any answers honey! I just wanted to let ya know im thinking of ya! Keep us posted!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

the fact that they seem to "go away" when you lie down makes me lean toward the hernia option. I have something similar in the spot where my gallbladder used to be. Things tend to want to push into that space it left and it will poke out on occasion but I can usually make it go away with change of position. I highly doubt, in my professional medical transcriptionist opinion, rofl that it is cancer but I was sure hoping for alien babies! Guppies maybe then?

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 04-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DH had a hernia in about the same area you are mentioning and it did hurt to press on it. I hope you get some answers soon!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

This sounds exactly like what I had, on my left side. It was like an egg, it would disappear and reappear at random times. It would also disappear when I lay down.

Turns out it was a hernia. Though I have 3 babies, he said mine was not caused by that, of course mine was the less common kind *insert eye roll*. I had a day surgery last Fall, where they went and repaired it.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Manda, I have no clue, but I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Penny
Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That sucks, Manda. *hugs*
Old 04-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DH had the same thing and it was a hernia...he lost a bunch of weight and it went away so no surgery for him but he does still feel it every so often (mostly because he gained all the weight back) but nothing major so far. Keep us updated Manda and get your butt to the doctor ASAP!!!!!

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 04-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaBean View Post
Well I haven't had any babies, but I am pretty fat. Hernias can pop up due to being overweight can't they? Do they hurt at all when you press on em?

Yes, weight can certainly be a factor. I am overweight too and I am sure it didn't help!

My hernia did hurt a little if I pressed on it. It kind of felt like I was pressing on a bruise...that tender feeling.

Try laying down on your back and see if they flatten out and then show up again when you stand. Also if they bulge a bit when you cough.

Please let us know! I would be happy to adopt any green alien babies if you have any extras
Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first thought is fibroids - does it feel like you are pregnant when you bend over? If it was lower I'd say ovarian cyst. Do they hurt when you press on them? I'm saying a prayer for your peace of mind right now - I know the not knowing is the worst. And stay away from Google!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

{{{HUGS}}} Manda!

Stay away from WebMD, too! You will convince yourself you have the most dire disease if you start reading there (ask me how I know )

Get yourself to a doctor ASAP! That's the best thing you can do for yourself right now.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would definitely get it checked out asap! I agree that it could be a hernia though. I know this is easier said than done, but try not to freak yourself out too bad and just go get yourself check out! I will be thinking about you! Keep us posted!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

(((hugs))) Manda! I think it's natural to immediately think of the worst case scenario (cancer)...especially when it's already touched our lives. I hope it's something like a hernia or something else easily looked after! Alien babies would be really cool...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I would say hernia too.... although... alien babies would be fun...

When is your dr appt, Ms Bean????
Old 04-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

my dh had the exact same thing on his abdomen. he got it checked out and it's just a benign cyst! they are really weird and they can totally just pop up out of no where (is no where one word...anywho?!). sorry that you are freaked out...i say go get a pedi and have a glass of wine. that should help...oh and scream from the top of your lungs "damn you, medical mysteries...damn you!!"

Last edited by lizzyfizzy; 04-24-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
oh and scream from the top of your lungs "damn you, medical mysteries...damn you!!"
LOL!! I have no advice, but I did have to laugh at parts of this thread! Good luck, Manda!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Get to a doctor and PLEASE don't read anything on the internet....no turning into a cyberchondriac on me, ok? (yeah, totally guilty here....lol) I'd take a guess at hernia too, so I hope you can get in soon and get it checked out, especially since it's painful. Take care of yourself, Bean!!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

cyberchondriac . . . I am one of those too.

Have no idea what it could be. See a doc and hopefully your mind will be put to ease.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Keep us posted, Manda! Especially if it turns out to be little green alien babies!

If it IS a cyst, I've been there and done that and can tell you my story if you want it. It started out the same way(although it was just one lump) and my mom kept telling me just to do more sit-ups!! She felt so bad when we finally found out what it was!

hugs to you and let us know!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmm, I had no clue but I think some of the girls saying it sounds like a hernia might be right. Hope you get it figured out soon.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

cyberchondriac... I think I've finally found my girlies. I'm definitely part of this club. I swear, between Google and WebMd, I've diagnosed myself with plenty of odd and complicated diseases. It's a wonder I'm still alive!

Girlie...get yourself checked out. If it happens to be green alien babies, don't forget that the girls just put out the perfect kit for scrappin' your darlings.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Hey guys, thanks for all your sweet feedback. Just wanted to let you know that after many days of procrastination, I've made an appt. for Monday at 3:15, soooooo..think of me around that time K? I probably could have pushed it and went today, but both my grandparents are turning 80 within a few weeks of each other and we're having a huge family gathering tomorrow with them. I just didn't wanna be all in a tizzy or anything for that..sooo..it's Monday.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Glad you have an appointment, Bean!!!! Will be thinking about you.

Of course, I think about you all the time anyway, since, you know, I love you and we should get married and stuff.

Did you laugh? You were supposed to laugh.

LOL
Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey don't forget that solving a medical mystery gets you 80 points on Grey's....so just THINK how many points you'd get for solving a medical mystery AND birthing little green aliens? You could get a show on TV like john and kate Plus Eight You'd be Manda's green beans in a pod

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Glad that you have an appointment scheduled. Will keep you in my thoughts.