Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Has SSD ever considered . . .

giving Sweet Rewards points for posting gallery comments?? I think at least one other site does this. So, for example, you could earn maybe 1 point per month by posting a certain number of comments in the gallery (25? 50?) It could be a great way to get lots of people motivated to comment!

Just curious if this has ever been considered or tried!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

That is a great idea Dawn! Maybe this is something we could talk about.

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Great idea! I love posting comments anyway!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

FABULOUS idea

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I think it's a good idea, but at the same time it's hard enough to track points. They'd need someone dedicated to just watching and keeping track of comments!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yeah, I know they tracked them at SBB for one of the challenges there, and you had to have everyone post to one thread with their starting number at the beginning of the month, and then you could have them post again when they hit whatever the challenge number was. [I'm assuming there must be some way to track just comments to the gallery here apart from comments in the forum.]
Old 05-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

i resign now lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-05-2008, 02:08 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
yeah, I know they tracked them at SBB for one of the challenges there, and you had to have everyone post to one thread with their starting number at the beginning of the month, and then you could have them post again when they hit whatever the challenge number was. [I'm assuming there must be some way to track just comments to the gallery here apart from comments in the forum.]
Interesting.....

I don't know if there's a way to see the separate comments here. I've just always seen the total comment count, just gallery vs forum kwim?

Totally cool if there's a way to make it work though
Old 05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

fyi there is a way to separate the comments. Your gallery profile and your forum profile are 2 different profiles. I guess you'd just have to post your gallery profile comments (go to your layouts and click your name on one and it pulls up a galler profile..hit stats and there's a comment cuont there)

example..here's colleens
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...1416&protype=3

would just have to post a begin count then an ending count at the end of the month

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Ok..I take it back if it's not something easily tracked. We can't have babes dropping like flies over here..LOL!

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 05-05-2008, 02:18 PM

profile gallery send pm

Well check that out! So it is doable!

Meg I promise I'll help you! LOL!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

lol poor Meg lmao, does sound awesome awesome though!!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
i resign now lol
LOL. I'm surprised you haven't resigned long before now! Sorry, didn't mean to make more work for anybody, just thought it'd be a fun idea.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

LOL! It does sound like a great idea but I wouldn't want it to be a burden on anyone.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I like the idea a lot, but I don't want to have anyone keel over because of it either LOL
Old 05-05-2008, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think I love you, Dawn! I would *so* love getting pts for gallery comments.

If we do it the way Meg pointed out, no Babe needs to keep tally. We're all on the honor system, right? And really, if you're that hard up for pts that you're going to lie abt your post count, well... you have issues and maybe you need that coupon more than everyone else does.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh Manda, your avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

we had talked about it before... but it'd be insane to keep track of
Old 05-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like it would be doable (and not a lot of work for Meg ) if:
1. There were one thread for keeping track each month
2. At the beginning of the month (or whenever the person wants to start posting comments), they checked their gallery stats to see the number of comment they had as of then. Then post that number in the thread.
3. When you get over the magic number, you make another post (or edit the first) saying that you've done the magic number of posts.

I agree with LeeAndra that it could be sort of an honor system, or at most someone could do occasional spot checks if people think that's necessary.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lordy-I hope I don't sound icky or rude or anything like that because I don't want too.
But-I really don't like these kinds of incentives. I like to leave praise in the gallery because I like looking at LO's and I like to let people know that their memories are special to me.
If we make it worth PTS then to me its not so "real" anymore.
One thing I like about SSD is that there are none of those kind of incentives. When my LO gets noticed and commented on its because it jumped out of the gallery at someone or its a direct result of the fact that I left love for someone elses LO.

Does anyone else understand where I am coming from? Or am I all alone?
Old 05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Or has anyone considered just assigning people to praise in the galleries??

I am on the Praise Posse at ES and it is a great gig. I get some freebies for my time and get to spend time getting inspired in the gallery! You all could call it Sweet Sentiments Squad or something cute like that! I'd love to put my name in the hat if you all want to do this!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
Lordy-I hope I don't sound icky or rude or anything like that because I don't want too.
But-I really don't like these kinds of incentives. I like to leave praise in the gallery because I like looking at LO's and I like to let people know that their memories are special to me.
If we make it worth PTS then to me its not so "real" anymore.
One thing I like about SSD is that there are none of those kind of incentives. When my LO gets noticed and commented on its because it jumped out of the gallery at someone or its a direct result of the fact that I left love for someone elses LO.

Does anyone else understand where I am coming from? Or am I all alone?

no - I have to agree. While I'd LOVE some points for commenting, since its something I do anyway I have been SO SO impressed with the quality comments I get here at SSD. I'd hate for that to turn into a bunch of "nice layout" type comments. I know I've seen it other places where posters are just fast and furious posting to every layout and its the exact same wording - you know they are just trying to increase their post count for some reason. Does that make any sense? I think my lack of weekend sleep is catching up to me

Old 05-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey Chicklets!

We've talked about this in the past and there are a couple of reasons we've never done it.

Firstly, we really want the praise in the gallery to be genuine comments on layouts you love. I cant help but wonder if there was an incentive for posting if we wouldnt have a lot more "gorgeous page" comments in the gallery just to get post counts up.

Second, like everyone has sorta already mentioned, our challenges are a HUGE job to track as it is and adding to that tracking job sounds like a lot of work for whoever has the responsibility of doing it.

Third, there are already between 25 and 40 people who are getting that 40% every month and that is a HUGE discount for us. The biggest we ever give (you'll rarely see a 40% sale in the store for example) so we want that discount to be something you guys have to work for because it's a real treat for those who are able to get it!

We love and appreciate the ideas so keep them coming but I think this one is one I'm gonna keep sitting on and letting brew around in my head until we can come up with something that would be extra sweet as a reward for gallery participation

Robin
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

I completely respect that and truth be told, Shannon made a really good point. I really prefer the genuine comments vs. obligatory or incentive-based ones. So that's all good with me! I'm perfectly happy with how things are as they are.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I figure'd that if you'd thought about it, there would be good reasons for not doing it! Those are good reasons. Thank you Robin for taking the time to explain your thinking!

I agree about the honest comments thing -- I wouldn't want to see a bunch of "great page" comments copied ad nauseum. But isn't that the same issue with a "praise game" which makes you comment on particular layouts that you might not ordinarily select out of the gallery for praise? I think people love getting praise and just having someone acknowledge that their layouts have been looked at and appreciated somehow.

There are so many of us who aspire to leave comments but there are so many other things going on that we don't do it as much as we should. It would be great to have a "push" in that direction sometimes and it would be great to brainstorm ways to get more people taking the time to leave thoughtful comments.

I'm not arguing, just thinking out loud.

Last edited by DawnMarch; 05-05-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally agree with Shannon and you have a point too Dawn, which is why I rarely play the praise game (and probably why I have so many zero comment layouts LOL). I comment on a layout because I want to, I like it, it caught my eye, etc. Robin, I think there are so many awesome challenges here and I haven't had a hard time getting my 25 points since the first time I did it! You wouldn't ever have to add another thing and I'd still love it here!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Hi Dawn,

I agree with Shannon on this one. And like you said not trying to argue just share my thoughts. I play the praise game religiously at DST to try to get more views of my CT designers' fabulous work not so much to get praise for myself. I know exactly which comments are coming back to me out of obligation. And any praise after that I know is genuine - not to say that praise coming from the praise game isn't genuine but sometimes it seems a bit forced. lol

If everyone here had a site wide incentive, it just seems you would just never know what people really think. kwim

But if you have lots of free time and want to give tons of praise you can always stop by my gallery. ha ha ha

And wow Robin!! That is a lot of discounts! You are so so generous!!

Kristi

a charity kit benefiting China's orphans
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbumbaca View Post
I totally agree with Shannon and you have a point too Dawn, which is why I rarely play the praise game (and probably why I have so many zero comment layouts LOL). I comment on a layout because I want to, I like it, it caught my eye, etc. Robin, I think there are so many awesome challenges here and I haven't had a hard time getting my 25 points since the first time I did it! You wouldn't ever have to add another thing and I'd still love it here!
That is what happens to my LOs on other boards, if I don't post them in the praise game, they get 0 comments almost always. If I do post them I get more comments, but I wonder if they only comment because they "have to".

After thinking about it a bit since Shannon posted, I do think she has a good point. I know here, this is the place where I get the MOST comments, and of all the places I frequent, this is the smallest community. So that tells me a lot right there, that you guys leave love for me because you mean it, and well, we're all friends here. That is important to me.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This place is soo cool. No blood and guts strewn every where!!! I like it the way it is. I like getting real comments and if I am feeling a little skipped over in the gallery I try and post a LO or 2 in the Lovin' Thread. Then I know I will get something. But I wouldn't want to force people to look and comment. Look if you want, praise if you like. Over all you should enjoy your visit to the gallery and not feel obligated! I hope I make sense.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to uptowngirl Send a message via Yahoo to uptowngirl

I agree with Shannon!! I would rather feel like someone is leaving me love because they like what they see NOT because they want a discount from the store. I personally don't even think I would participate in commenting anymore because I'd hate for anyone to think I was ever being fake. KWIM??

i create for
Old 05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I guess being an honest person I never thought about the "fake" comments thing. I already make a habit in visiting the galleries and make comments on those I love. So I would have to agree that it would be not the greatest thing in the world. You make great points Shannon & Robin! Thanks!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:15 PM

profile gallery send pm

Really awesome thoughts ladies. Some of those things I hadn't even thought of!

I think if you're ever bored, or just looking for something to do, wandering around the challenge galleries is a great way to pass the time. When the forums I slow I usually head to the gallery and praise what pops out at me.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If we decide to have an incentive...

Maybe at the end of each month, we can nominate our favorite praise leaver (based on comments left during that month)...person with most nominations gets the point. The copy and paste praisers will probably not get a nomination over someone who takes the time to appreciate the layout and point out the features that they liked. I realize that not everyone has tons of time to leave insightful comments, but not everyone has time to do the challenges either...just a matter of where you want to spend your time.

Just thinkin' out loud.