Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-13-2014, 07:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Let's see what your elves have been up to

Show us all what your scout elves have been doing!

Skippy has been here since December 1st, I can't wait for Christmas eve! LOL!

Last edited by nesser1981; 12-13-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh my gosh.... ours has been in to some crazy stuff..... but I am ready for Christmas Eve too!!! Not so much running out of ideas, but running out of the want to keep doing them! Next year I'll have more stuff ready in advance.

I've been posting pics daily after the kids find him on facebook, and the kids got friended by him on facebook and he leaves silly messages and posts selfies and photos of what he does while the kids are in school. LOL

here is my album of pics on facebook....
https://www.facebook.com/JennNtheBoy...8015354&type=3

Last edited by JennNtheBoys; 12-13-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Our elf doesn't come until the 10th since he is in charge of reindeer school. He's only been here a few days and my five year old loves it. Here's some of his hiding spots the last few days. Connor loved the one of him bungee jumping from our upstairs railing.

My favorite thing he's done is take letters that the kids wrote to Santa to the north pole and the next day he came back with a letter from Santa. I dug out some paper scrapping supplies and made an envelope, and letter. I was pretty proud of myself. LOL

Last edited by meejay; 12-14-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't resized all of my pictures yet. They are too large to post without sizing them down. However, our elves have been into mischief. They have tried to play my daughter's trombone, they have painted my son's nose red, they made a zipline from a strand of lights from our kitchen cabinet over to the tree, they ate dog biscuits and declared that they were terrible cookies, and packed all sorts of odd things in my son's lunch box... like a bag of chocolate chips and a jar of honey. They went missing one day and the next day we found a note saying they missed their window of travel back from the North Pole so they were detained and spent the day with their family. Another elf (making 3) came back with them to observe since he is in training to be a scout elf next year. The observer is pretty quiet and shy though and only moves from place to place, doesn't create any mischief. The kids still have fun finding him every morning.

Our elves are not typical 'elf on a shelf' elves (they came before I had ever heard of elf on a shelf). They CAN be touched (hugged, carried around, etc.) and boy do my kids like that part. They take Ivy and Jolly everywhere with them this time of year (except to school).

I tried a picture that had been resized. Still too big. I'm not used to so many mega pixels! LOL

Last edited by Sherri Tierney; 12-14-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:15 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

This is something we don't do here in Holland, but I love seeing all these photos! Although the elf with the big knife creeped me out a bit :P
Old 12-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is our 4th year with the elf. He's getting a little old and lazy and has resorted to a lot of shelf-sitting. The first couple of years he was quite a handful! He's calmed down in his old age. Kinda over it. ;-)

Gallery
Old 12-14-2014, 10:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2014, 10:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Old 12-14-2014, 10:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Old 12-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Great ideas! My aunt bought us Mensch on a Bench, which is the Hanukkah version of Elf on a Shelf. He's coming either tomorrow or Tues. with some chocolate lollipops to share. One difference that I'm really appreciating right about now is that he's here for the 8 days of the holiday rather than a full month. I think I'd be so over it after a month! This is his first year with us. I think my 5 and 8 year olds will love it, and I hope my 11 year old doesn't rain on their parade too much!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjriward View Post
This is our 4th year with the elf. He's getting a little old and lazy and has resorted to a lot of shelf-sitting. The first couple of years he was quite a handful! He's calmed down in his old age. Kinda over it. ;-)
I SO hear you! This is our 5th year. Last year my son told me that our elves had been pretty boring. This year I am making sure they aren't boring because having a 9 year old and a 12 year old I don't know how many more years the elves will visit.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
One difference that I'm really appreciating right about now is that he's here for the 8 days of the holiday rather than a full month. I think I'd be so over it after a month!
That was my thinking this year. Our elf came on the 12th and so far, so good. I am not done getting the photos edited/resized but here is one I posted on my blog from yesterday.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Those are all so much fun. I love seeing your photos ladies!

Old 12-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Everyone is SOOO CREative!!!

Our elf is so simple it just moved from one spot to another. hahaha. Sometimes it may even stay in the same place for more then one day. That is when my kids start throwing salt on it because they heard salt is what helps them to fly.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Old 12-17-2014, 02:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Great ideas! My aunt bought us Mensch on a Bench, which is the Hanukkah version of Elf on a Shelf. He's coming either tomorrow or Tues. with some chocolate lollipops to share. One difference that I'm really appreciating right about now is that he's here for the 8 days of the holiday rather than a full month. I think I'd be so over it after a month! This is his first year with us. I think my 5 and 8 year olds will love it, and I hope my 11 year old doesn't rain on their parade too much!
I saw that and thought it looked like fun. I hope you share some of his adventures with us...even if it is after Hanukkah.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for sharing all of your elf ideas. I'm definitely going to be "borrowing" some!

Our elf "went missing" for awhile. I had some of the playroom dolls/action figures make missing posters. I took the elf to the zoo and took photos of him looking to get a message to the reindeer. Planning on having him return with a mini scrapbook of his adventures.