Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Hmmm! PSE10 and Layer Styles!

Upgraded to PSE10 this afternoon. Added my styles to PSE10 following the directions on Digital Scrapper. I am quite sure I followed the directions. And the styles are there and labelled. I have no idea why PSE10 tells me that the layer styles are incompatible when it rebuilds the database as the styles are there and listed and work. But I'm not questioning it as long as they are there. I do prefer how styles/shapes/everything is loaded in Photoshop CS5 but am pretty much stuck with Elements for our PC. I am just glad that the styles are there now.

I have actually been doing some scrapping this week! It's literally been months!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

(Valgal's dd)

Old 05-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think there is an upgrade that PSE10 needs... I saw on Peppermint's instructions some upgrade to download for PSE 10 users... so I'm guessing the styles were made for PSE but they only work up to version 9 and need some kind of upgrade to work in 10... this is just a thought off the top of my head..... but if the message doesn't annoy you and the actions/styles are working than I wouldn't worry about it
Old 05-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I think there is an upgrade that PSE10 needs... I saw on Peppermint's instructions some upgrade to download for PSE 10 users... so I'm guessing the styles were made for PSE but they only work up to version 9 and need some kind of upgrade to work in 10... this is just a thought off the top of my head..... but if the message doesn't annoy you and the actions/styles are working than I wouldn't worry about it
I only saw the message when it was rebuilding the database and otherwise, the styles are in there and they work and I've found the drop down menu where they are nicely organized. I am very happy. But I'm going to go and check Peppermint's instructions. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. (Uh oh. Just saw her shadow styles to add to Jenn's and Tracy Stroud's. Anyone else obsessively collect shadow styles? LOL!)

Last edited by origami; 05-22-2012 at 09:44 PM.