Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: Scrapping Time

I loved hearing all your answers last week from my Question Of The Day so thought I'd keep it going. Here's another question for you all....

Describe your scrapping time
Old 03-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For me, its early morning and after dinner usually. I love to start my day off by working on a LO. I work at home so then can work on LOs off and on throughout the day but I love to devote a bit of time just to my scrapping without any interruptions.

I drink a coffee (or 3) at my office desk in my home (in the basement) and Taz usually sleeps beside my chair on his doggie bed. I watch shows/movies on my laptop which is placed beside my work and personal PC. I peruse Pinterest, the galleries and usually something inspires me, gets an idea going. Right now I want to work on another Passport To Adventure challenge as I don't have to start my desk work for another hour or so.

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-04-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Both my kids are in elementary & I only work on tues/wed so my scrapping time now is during the day on mon, thurs, fri. I used to scrap at night after they were in bed (and sometimes still do) but now I have a lot more free time during the day. I try to make sure I do some chores first before opening the computer tho!

While I'm scrapping, I like to either put on some music or a tv show that I need to catch up on. I almost always have a cup of hot coffee or a seltzer water to drink!
Old 03-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

During the school year, my best time to scrap is M-F starting around 8:30-9am until the girls start getting home between 2 and 3pm. It's not a constant between those times. But that is usually when the computer is on. Some nights I will get back online after they are all in bed usually around 9-9:30pm.

The weekends are for family. Summer scrapping varies greatly! It all depends on what is going on, what the girls want to do, errands to run etc.

I used to enjoy scrapping when my music was on. Lately, I turn on the TV for background sound and will multi task watch, listen and scrap.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Amie & Dawn....what shows do you watch when you scrap?

I like something that doesn't require too much concentration to follow the storyline, like a rom-com, 1/2 hr comedy show, etc. I watch General Hospital (been watching since I was a teen) and put that on b/c you don't have to really watch or listen much to be able to follow what is going on.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I scrap at night after the kids have gone to bed. I can't concentrate when they are running around, making noise, asking questions, etc.

To scrap, I sit at the dining room table with a pillow behind my back and the blanket on my lap. I have a Diet Coke, my reading glasses, my phone, and my EHD all close by.

I usually have YT videos playing while I scrap. I "watch" (listen to) scrapbooking process, (plus-size) fashion haul, Storytime, & Matthew Hussey videos. I catch up on my shows on Hulu on the weekends but I usually can't scrap & watch those at the same time so then I will surf the Interwebs and toggle back & forth between tabs.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I usually scrap in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed. They're only 4 and 6 so they go to bed fairly early. Then hubby and I will watch our shows on tv while I scrap and he does whatever he does on his computer.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

It depends. I'm a SAHM, my son is almost 18 months, I call him my Velcro baby... When he was a newborn I would wear him and scrap and I thought, how easy this lifestyle is going to be for me!! bwahaha. Boy, was I wrong. It's been a challenge to say the least.

Sometimes I can scrap during the day if he's being particularly independent, it's rare but happening more and more. Sometimes I can scrap when he naps, but naps have been super unpredictable lately. Most of the time I scrap at night after he's gone to bed, though we've had our share of sleep disruptions as well, which makes it hard. Sometimes I scrap when my husband is home and can entertain the baby. I've been trying to balance my time between designing and scrapping, but that's a whole other challenge.

I scrap on my laptop, either on the couch or in the oversized chair and ottomon. I have my desk set up in the living room, but have a hard time getting comfortable there. Now that I'm pregnant, I scrap with my big water cup, or with my ONE cup of coffee in the morning. Once baby comes, there will be wine involved!

If I'm scrapping during the day I'm either listening to music, or watching a little something for my son, he's really into Dinotrux. At night I watch whatever I'm binging on at the moment. If I'm between shows you'll probably find me rewatching Criminal Minds for the 1,000th time.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Karli-Marie - I honestly don't know how you find time to scrap LOL. I watch Criminal Minds too. So sad to hear they are only making one more final season. I'm been watching that forever it seems. It'll be weird when it's over.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndra - you paint such a vivid picture, I am almost see you sitting there scrapping! I'm in my office in the basement where it's the chilliest part of the house so I usually have an aghan on my lap to keep warm.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christine - I don't know where you must find the energy to scrap after your litles go to bed. You must be like an energizer bunny I'd be exhausted LOL.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping time . . . . . ?

Sporadic best describes my time

I'm here, there, everywhere, running up and down the stairs, placing elements here and there before running and doing something else. I'm ALL over the place when it comes to my scrapping time!!

^^^That's a normal day^^^

However there are days that I'm able to sit and do things longer than 5-10 minutes here and there. When I do that, I always have a drink with me (probably my off-brand yeti cup filled with ice water). I change over to my computer/reading glasses. I do a round on the internet (checking email, facebook, designer's groups for new products and make sure bills were paid) After I'm done my rounds, it's downloading the newest release that needs scrapping and starting to scrap. I'll have to admit, I'm either talking to Dawn, Tammy, Cassie or another non-digi friend via FB messenger. I guess I should mention that Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime is playing on my second monitor--whatever is playing, it's just noise. Half the time I'm not even listening to what's on the screen. It's mostly there for me to judge time (an episode ends, it's either I've been sitting a half-hour or an hour)

Really, there's no rhyme or reason for my time on my computer.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 03-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have more time weekdays than weekends it seems. I can usually find an hour during the day that is just "me" time and scrapping is, of course, my favorite. I sit on the couch with a blanket and my laptop on a lap desk, with some NCIS, Criminal Minds or Blue Bloods or HGTV on the TV as background noise. I sometimes scrap at night but it's definitely more interrupted when the rest of the family is around.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I fit it in whenever I can - a couple of hours on Thursday evenings after I get home from work, maybe an hour or two on Fridays before the kids get home from school and if I'm lucky, a couple of hours Sunday afternoons. Other days its almost impossible between work, running kids around, housework, etc and needing to sleep. I used to scrap late into the night but I'm too tired these days - I have to go to bed so early some days so as to get up super early for work the next morning.

I scrap at my desk with no TV, music... I'm so absorbed in what I'm doing that I wouldn't hear it anyway! I sometimes have a cat sleeping on my desk next to me though so I reach over and give it a pat every so often.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mostly in the evenings, after dinner... I sit with my laptop in my bedroom in a chair and watch Bravo, usually, to scrap. I might get some scrapping done in the afternoon when my son is working on his independent school work... but usually I'm researching curriculum, planning for the week or planning my tutoring class.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My scrapping time, along with lots of things in my schedule, get moved around a ton based on work. I am a transcriptionist. I may plan to get up and work at 6:30 a.m., but sometimes there isn't any work at that time, so then I have to readjust and work later which moves everything around. I basically have a to-do list each day, and my top priorities are always work and the kids' school. If I plan to work and there is no work, I just do my chores, shower, scrap, or make a phone call. Then, later on, I'll attempt to work. So basically all that to say that I could be scrapping at 6 in the morning, and I also might be scrapping at lunch or in the evening!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

non existent :/ I'm hoping to change that
Old 03-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Monday through Friday it's late at night, after I tuck the kids into bed. That's also when I respond to emails and finish any work that can't wait until the next day, so sometimes I start scrapping at 8:30 and other times not until 10 or later. On the weekends I can usually fit in 2-3 hours during the day.

I scrap at my desk while listening to an audiobook. I have to turn the audiobook off and focus for the early stages of a layout (choosing kit and template) and while I journal, so sometimes I listen to music then. DH is often in the room playing video games or watching sports while I scrap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2019, 07:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
It depends on what is on the DVR. Sometimes it's thursday night shows- How to get away with murder is the one I usually watch, since my husband isn't a big fan! I watch a lot of old Friends reruns as well as random movies that are on- usually rom-coms & silly stuff like you said that doesn't require a lot of attention!
Old 03-04-2019, 07:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
It depends on what is on the DVR. Sometimes it's thursday night shows- How to get away with murder is the one I usually watch, since my husband isn't a big fan! I watch a lot of old Friends reruns as well as random movies that are on- usually rom-coms & silly stuff like you said that doesn't require a lot of attention!
I just watched the finale of HTGAWM last night. Now I'll be in withdrawal til the new season. It's one of my fave shows.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post

I like something that doesn't require too much concentration to follow the storyline, like a rom-com, 1/2 hr comedy show, etc. I watch General Hospital (been watching since I was a teen) and put that on b/c you don't have to really watch or listen much to be able to follow what is going on.
I usually put ion television on- Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, CSI, etc. My husband works odd hours, and he's home during parts of the daytime. He's been watching Longmire, so I'll watch parts of that with him.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I scrap exclusively during the evening and weekends, usually multi-tasking with one or two other things (that's why it takes me so long!) Sometimes I think it's a miracle that I get to scrap. My three boys (14, 12, 21 mo) and my rather intense full time career keep me on my toes!
Old 03-05-2019, 12:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wendy - I'm jealous that you get Hulu (we can't get that here in Canada). Also, I think our Amazon Prime doesn't have anywhere near the content yours does. Maybe that's a good thing tho...b/c I watch enough TV as it is LOL. I probably don't need more

Cindi - I'm with you on NCIS and Criminal Minds. Love both of those.

Jak - That's so sweet that your cat joins you when you scrap!

Reba - you have more energy than I do....after dinner most nights I'm a couch potato and can't get motivated to scrap much.

Kelley - I do transcription also. I love not having to leave the house to go to work

Kristin - you crack me up LOL. Get scrapping (but don't let it interfere with your designing)

Rachel - You must be a night owl. I'm falling asleep by 10, I can't imagine starting to scrap at that time. I tried listening to audio books while scrapping and I found it too hard to stay focused. I find it easier to have a tv show on and half listen to it.

Dawn - I love Criminal Minds and I think I saw every single CSI show when it was on the air.

Sheri - you must be very organized to find the time!
Old 03-05-2019, 01:18 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I scrap mostly during weekday, while my hubby is at work and my son is at school. Of course that only happens after I am done with household chores and things I have to do. Sometimes, I get to scrap at night (only up to 9pm, because when it's bed time for my son, I'll be sitting on the bed next to him) or in the weekend, if my son decides to glue himself to his dad.

I have a big cup of warm water - or sometimes coffee - and music playing, when I scrap. I can't for the life of me scrap and watch something, haha... So, when I get too addicted to K-drama series, my scrapping time suffers.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My favorite scrapping time is when I’m home alone and there are no distractions. I just scrap whenever but definitely more though the week while I have the house to myself. Right now I’m squeezing it in whenever possible as life is tugging at me too.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My scrapping time is almost any time... I've been a SAHM for a long time. My kids are grown and self-sufficient (youngest graduates high school in May). So, between housework, running errands and browsing FB (way too much time there!), I can scrap.

I usually don't turn the TV or music on, because I really enjoy the quiet. It's especially nice when it's warm enough to open windows and hear the geese & birds. Sometimes, our cat jumps on my lap and sleeps for a while.

I love LeeAndra's idea of having scrapping process videos playing while she scraps! (Kind of like cooking while watching The Galloping Gourmet!). I can see the TV from my desk, so maybe I'll try casting YT and see how that goes!
Old 03-05-2019, 05:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well since I'm not a SAHM any more it varies now. Currently I'm part time so I get mornings on M-W-F and then some evening time T-Th. Sat & Sun just depends on what we've got going on.

I also put on TV shows or music when I scrap.