Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default help me plan!!

My lily is turning 10 this month!! (HOLY COW SHE WAS 4 when i started designing here )

anyways.. I need help planning what we could do for her party!

We are really limited in what we can do here as we are a town with no real amenities (we could do a swimming bday but that is about all we do)

she gets to have 2-3 girls sleepover but not sure what else we could do for a party. She'll have boy/girls for the afternoon then the girls that night for a sleepover I think.

Her interest are not really that of most girls (she loves things like pokemon etc but from the sounds of it she is the only one from her friends (of girls) that does) so clueless about what to do for a party.. and asking her is sorta like talking to a wall sometimes lol.

Just curious if I could get help with ideas to maybe talk to her about?

She missed having a party last year as my grandma passed away at the same time and because she is turning double digits i'd like to make it extra special for her.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have a game system or like a music game (like a dance or singing game)?? You could always do music themed and have them play guitar hero or dance hero (or whatever other games like that there are). Or would 10 year olds not get into that? I am so NOT familiar with the 10 year old mind.

Or how about Angry Birds?
http://pinterest.com/momofjtawesome/...y-party-ideas/

(yes, I totally just searched Pinterest for 10th birthday ideas....because I don't always know what's age appropriate! lol!)

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Kid Friendly movie party and you can have a different flavored popcorn tasting, or an ice cream sundae bar with all the toppings. Soda and pizza always easy and kids love it. Maybe do a type of scene it type game for the kids and the winner gets a prize at the end for whoever gets all the answers right?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

For DD's parties 7 though 11 I set up a wide game. Basically, its bases with different activities at each. I did 3 or 4 bases but you could do up to ten too. Divide the kids into groups.

The most loved base I've done was hang a backdrop on a washing line and do a fashion shoot. And her favourite was when I had one of the bases being "20 questions about the birthday girl."

Oh also the year I did the fashion shoot, one of the bases was for them to assemble a frame. I printed out their pics from the shoot and put one each of their frames as part of the party favours
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think any age would enjoy "minute to win it", take a look online and you can just pick the ones you think they will like the most... Should be pretty inexpensive, too.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmom View Post
Kid Friendly movie party and you can have a different flavored popcorn tasting, or an ice cream sundae bar with all the toppings. Soda and pizza always easy and kids love it. Maybe do a type of scene it type game for the kids and the winner gets a prize at the end for whoever gets all the answers right?
I like this idea........maybe even make it a "drive in" movie setting in your living room. Make boxes to look like cars. SO FUN. I did it for Landon once and it was a HUGE hit. Use her favorite movie as the them? OH.......GREASE! Think she woud like that? Make it totally sock hop, drive in type theme and then watch the movie!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

these are totally awesome suggestions! I think i am going to run with something like this! we do have one place here that you can rent (a room) its one of those indoor golf areas but you can use the tv for movies/games etc so maybe we'll plan to have the party there and do some fun stuff like that! awesome suggestions!!!