Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Have you ever printed your layouts?

I posted on the blog yesterday about printing photobooks, and let me tell you, I was so excited when writing the post! I've been scrapping since 2008, but it took me 7 years to print my layouts!! Crazy, isn't it?

I really love seeing my pages printed, especially my PL pages for my family book. If you haven't checked out the blog post yet, here's the link: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...be-sunday-823/

So have YOU ever printed your layouts? If you haven't, what's keeping you from doing it? (curious question)
Old 08-24-2015, 07:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I definitely print my layouts. I do photobooks too. My girls LOVE them, and often take them to school for show and tell. I frequently find my 8 year old tucked up on her bed reading through her albums.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Your post is very inspiring and I've never printed for the same reasons you posted, I LOVE the flashback page idea to incorporate the pages that do not fit in chronologically and love your personal books!!

Old 08-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is just the inspiration I need to get together another Persnickety Prints order. Need to have some more in my hands to look at.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have printed several 100-page albums and the kids LOVE looking through them!! I love seeing them printed, seeing all the work that I've put in to creating those layouts. I love looking at the album, remembering the moment in the photos that I scrapped and sometimes remember the moment when I scrapped that layout!!

Right now I'm sitting on 400 layouts that need to be printed, but I have to wait until January/February when we move to get them printed so I don't have to move them if I got them printed now!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You know I do! I printed my 40th (yes, you read that right, 40th) photobook back in the spring. And I have one ready to be printed.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

This is a GREAT article, Zakirah! Your books are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love your blog post! So happy you included the place you printed your's out too because it turned out so nice!!
Old 08-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved reading your blog post. I have printed a few photobooks for the kids, but am still working on (and trying to catch up) my first year of PL and the childrens' latest books. I love looking through my books and know my kids will to.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never printed my layouts but this year i decided it whas time to start on my photoalbums so i am currently working on them so i can get them printed
Old 08-24-2015, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've printed the last three years of December Daily/Countdown to Christmas albums.

Otherwise, I have hundreds and hundreds of pages to print from the last 12 years of digital scrapping. Now that we're in a better place financially, I can start working on that.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

the books looks amazing!
i would love to see the flashback pages though, i'm quite ocd in terms of putting the pages chronologically but i love the idea of having flashback pages, how do you fit them in the books?

thank you for the inspiration!

Old 09-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you ladies for your replies! I love reading them.

Eveline, I placed the flashback pages at the end of the month (if I have any flashback pages for that month). I don't label them as flashback, but now that I read your question, it got me thinking that maybe it'll be clearer to my family that those are events from past year, if I label them as such. Maybe a 'flashback' label on the page will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
the books looks amazing!
i would love to see the flashback pages though, i'm quite ocd in terms of putting the pages chronologically but i love the idea of having flashback pages, how do you fit them in the books?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome, Mel! I love looking at your pages, and I think your family will definitely love them too. Do share with us when you have the books in your hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
I never printed my layouts but this year i decided it whas time to start on my photoalbums so i am currently working on them so i can get them printed
Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love the quality of my books, I think Photobook Worldwide is a reliable printing company

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I love your blog post! So happy you included the place you printed your's out too because it turned out so nice!!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG Vanessa! You & Jacinda are my inspiration for printing. I hope my family will stay financially stable so we can afford having our memories printed each year

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
You know I do! I printed my 40th (yes, you read that right, 40th) photobook back in the spring. And I have one ready to be printed.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great blog article! I keep all my pages stored online but no one ever looks there but me. So last year I printed out a few hundred pages during a sale at persnickety prints for albums and filled up a few albums. This year I had my first photo book made by blurb and love it. I can't wait for another sale and get another created. There's nothing better than having a book or album in your hands to look through.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Very good reminder to get stuff printed so they can be enjoyed. I really need to finish up some pages so I can get some more photo books printed. Your pages are beautiful.

I liked the suggestion to do monthly instead of weekly for projects like Project Life. That would work much better for me.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:56 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I print several books a year. My yearbook, my vacation books. I started scrapping to make my photobooks more interesting, so printing them has always been a big part of that.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print my layouts and frame them. I also print them to create calendars each year.
I also print some of them to put them into my "layouts photoalbum".

Old 09-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I've printed several photobooks as well as my December Daily pages
Old 09-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
the books looks amazing!

I was going to ask for more info about the Flashback pages too! I LOVE this idea since I have tons of old photos (as I'm sure most of us do) that I'd love to play with while not tacking whole year's worth. It would be so fun to do a: "Flashback: This Month in 20__" kind of page. I do think if it's well-labeled, it wouldn't upset my brain which is also OCD about keeping things chronological. Thanks for the excellent idea!

I try to remain flexible about the timing of pages. Normally, I do a 2 page spread/week, but if I don't have enough photos, or too many or whatever, I will adjust. I'll do a two-week spread, or I'll do 4 spreads for one week if we went on vacation, etc. No one will mind!

I print my PL books every 6 months, so I have 2 volumes every year. It's a reasonably good compromise for me to not have a million books but still have something relatively up-to-date for the family to enjoy.