Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default PS Elements girls...

I need some help. I have a friend who I'm trying to get into digi-scrapping and I recommended she try PS Elements. Problem is, I have no experience with it and I've never even seen it, so I don't know how much it differs from what I use, PS CS3.

I don't want her to get discouraged and quit because she can't figure out the program, so does anyone have any good beginner tutorials. Or has anyone used Elements and CS2/3 and can tell me the big differences?

Thanks so much!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Misty Cato has several fab tutorials on her blog!

I use PSE 4.0 and love it, I am glad I don't have all the bells and whistles of PS as I am sure I wouldn't use most of the program since I have no desire to design! I would love to have text path capability so that is really my only complaint about PSE!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I also highly recommend Misty's tut's, they are wonderful. I use PSE5 and learned to do quite a bit from them. Once you get going it is pretty easy and fun. I am no expert yet but I love learning new things. There are a lot of tut's out there besides Misty's but I like hers the best!!!!

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

for me the biggest difference btwn PSE and full blown PS is that PSE has the lovely, wonderful, oh-so-handy PHOTO BIN.

So your lucky lucky friend can easily see at the bottom of her screen all her open files. and then she can drag them to your LO. (Or she might have to have the file open in the main window and drag down to her LO in the photo bin. Sorry I cannot remember how it goes.)

Other thing is that some of the photo editing stuff is easier to do in PSE I think.

and clipping layers is a little different. in PSE it's ctrl g but in PS it's ctrl alt g.

installing actions is much more work for PSE6 than PS CS3.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Gotta chime in here on Misty's tuts! They are fabbo!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I own PSE....it's been awhile though.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started making sigs in PSE4 and now I use CS2. Mimi is right - that photo bin thing at the bottom of PSE is so nice! I missed that once I switched over. The other main difference I noticed (newer versions of PSE might be different) was that PSE had the toolbar icons along the top of the screen like Word and Excel. There was a save icon and an undo icon (very handy!), among others. It didn't have a history palette. Layer effects were also more limited, but I think they've expanded some of that in the newer versions. I don't think there's as much freedom to manipulate drop shadows in PSE.