Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-21-2019, 02:59 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default FINALLY printing a photo book!

It's been YEARS since I've printed a photo book of my scrapbook pages but I'm trying to get back on the ball. I know some people say don't tell yourself you're "behind" but I feel like if I don't get started on things, they won't get done period. I think 2012 bogged me down because I had a TON of pictures to do. It's going to be 140 scrapbook pages and I can't fit them all in one book from Shutterfly. I saw this week it was 50% off everything so I said, OK, some of these pages are getting printed! So my January-August 2012 pages are getting printed y'all! and I'm thrilled! I got lay-flat pages, yay!, and I have made a goal to finish scrapping 2012 in the next couple of months and then build the book so it's ready to go at the next 50% off sale.

Made a fun cover photo:

What's the thickest photo book you've printed??

Side note: Another push to get me to do this is that my MIL has now twice gifted us with photo books- made from her own Facebook page. You know those Facebook printed books? yeah that... of HER page... I have this super thick photo album on my shelf with 2/3 of it being pictures of people I don't even know. She sent us another one a few weeks ago of last year and MOST of the photos are of our family but there are several pages of people I don't know and the kids are asking me, who is that? and I'm like, I don't know... So I'm a horrible gift-receiver according to my husband because I'm completely annoyed at the laziness of these photo books of someone else's life. So I'm like, I've got to print my OWN photo books!
Old 09-21-2019, 03:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Getting your pages printed is the best feeling. I usually print my PL albums and they're well over 106 or so pages. I try to do mine every year so by february the following year (at the latest) I have the previous year in my hands in book form.
One fine day I'll have my scrapped layouts for my babies´albums printed too.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

getting pages printed feels soo good! I just finally ordered our Paris album from our trip in 2018...
Also with a discount these discounts makes it even more fun!
Old 09-21-2019, 06:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Weelllllll, my photo books get pretty long! From Shutterfly, my longest has been 112 pages, but I've had books printed from Mixbook that are in the 140-150 page range. I also print multiple books per year--started with two volumes, and then over the years it has just, um, blossomed up to 4. I feel a little sheepish admitting that, but every time I get one in the mail, I am SO HAPPY I scrapped all those pages! One thing I've never said: "Man, I wish I scrapped fewer pages!"
Good for you, Meagan! Photobooks are the best mail ever!

Old 09-21-2019, 07:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love getting photo books printed because it feels like I completed something!
Old 09-21-2019, 09:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My largest Shutterfly book is 110 pages I believe, it's also an 11x14. I have made two of these so far... working on my third. They are gifts for our children when they graduate, they start at birth and finish at HS graduation.
Love when they have a sale and I can stack my coupons!
Usually my books are for vacations and special things.... I usually just print 12x12 pages from persnickety prints since I don't scrap chronologically.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-21-2019, 11:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay!!! Congratulations on getting a printed album!! It always feels like Christmas when they come!!! 140 pages! I didn't even know they made them that big!!! :O

The biggest book I've ever printed was 100 because that's the max size Winkflash allows for their bound books! I really, really, REALLY need Winkflash to have a flat rate sale so I can print some more books. At a quick glance, I have ten 100 page albums waiting to be printed :O I'm going to go broke when that flat-rate sale happens...and sadly my designers are going to loose me for a few days as I get each album ready and uploaded for printing! That's the most time consuming part of getting things printed---doing the bleeds and uploading, especially if you have slow internet!
Old 09-21-2019, 11:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegCreations View Post

[SIZE="5"]
Oh and I love, love, LOVE that cover page!!!!
Old 09-21-2019, 11:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've done my vacation albums at mixbook and those are pretty large... 150pages+? Otherwise I just sent for Shutterfly (love their unlimited pages), so whatever that max is 110?

I love, love the feel of a bound book - I feel like I'm a published author! haha! I finally let it go and decided to do volumes... who is to know if a january page appears in volume 3. Plus I notice my family will actually look at those books vs. pages in a D ring binder.... so that is really important to me.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I just finally finished my 2016 book as well! Waiting for the unlimited pages sale from either Shutterfly or Photobook America as it's going to be about 170 pages big, my biggest so far.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:38 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've only had one printed - the wedding album for my niece. I went with Shutterfly and and absolutely thrilled with it.

I'll be getting another printed after Christmas - Ethan's first year with us (for him to keep), and I'll be doing another for me with all of Ethan's pages and all of the other pages that I've done.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
I just finally finished my 2016 book as well! Waiting for the unlimited pages sale from either Shutterfly or Photobook America as it's going to be about 170 pages big, my biggest so far.

I have never heard of Photobook America. I'll have to check them out. Is the quality nice? I usually only do Shutterfly.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome, Meagan!! I'm sure your family is going to LOVE looking through this book! I love your cover page.

I'm so impressed with all of you who have printed books!! I'm printing pages and adding them to slip-in scrapbooks. I think I'm too anal about my scrapbooks being chronological... I had that problem while paper scrapping, too. But hearing about all of your books makes me want to order one!
Old 09-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My largest was 248 pages with Blurb. I had four major vacations in one book.

Congrasts on getting your book printed! It is kinda weird to have random strangers in your gifted album. I guess they are like the people who's picture comes in a frame--just say they came with the book. lol
Old 09-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing makes me happier than a printed photobook...besides my kids getting along And someone else making me dinner and finding chocolate creamer in the grocery store. Other than those things, photo books make me happy.

I don’t know actually how big my thickest book is. I usually split things into two parts if they get too big because I haven't found that large books hold together well.

And the thing about your mother-in-law sending you her Facebook page printed? I'd just say thank you and save it for your grandkids. my mother-in-law died a couple of years ago, and I would love to have her Facebook page printed with all the things that were important to her and make her happy. It’s like a snapshot into her life, something your kids will look back at and be like oh my gosh Grandma this or grandma that. Plus it’s not like you have to keep it on display at your house. To be fair, o would have totally felt asked if she had given it to me while she was alive, but now that she's gone, it seems like a nice thing.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

way to go Megan! I am so bad at getting things printed. I create pages but then feel everything has to 'match' and be chronological so I end up redoing the pages so they 'fit' and in my head have to be a PL type thing. IN other words I get myself so worked up that I fall behind.

My last book printed was a December Stories from 2017, I started 2018 but it isn't done. I have three different versions of my trip to Ireland in 2017 started, but having issues committing to what style I want to do it in.

I have a YIR book done and printed from 2011, 2014 and 2016. I managed to print our Florida vacation in 2013.

Quite a few on the go but not finished. I need to just sit and focus on one, get it done and over with.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! So glad you are getting some albums finished and printed! I am behind, but I own it!

I only print when Shutterfly does their flat rate sale. So the largest album I've ever done is 100 pages. As far as albums ready to print...I'm not sure I have any fully finished and ready! I have a couple that are almost finished. Maybe I'll have to work on that. My goal this year is to do a school album for my oldest who is a Senior this year. So I am working on scrapping her BTS photos, band concerts, awards, school friends etc.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

is there a set time of the year Shutterfly does their flat rate or unlimited pages sale? I want to have my photobooks built in the site and ready to go when the time comes!
Old 09-22-2019, 11:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I have never heard of Photobook America. I'll have to check them out. Is the quality nice? I usually only do Shutterfly.
Yes, there are things I love about it. They have an image wrap cover meaning I can wrap one big photo around the cover and not separately design the spine, cover and back. The back doesn’t have a logo like Shutterfly does. The book has a vellum overlay on the first and last page and it’s a nice touch, though I’m not sure if they still do that. It’s been a few years since I last printed, but they were the first to do the unlimited page sale. Shutterfly didn’t have it at the time I printed my 2015 book and that was thick too. Only cost me $50 something with shipping and I was happy with the book.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
Yes, there are things I love about it. They have an image wrap cover meaning I can wrap one big photo around the cover and not separately design the spine, cover and back. The back doesn’t have a logo like Shutterfly does. The book has a vellum overlay on the first and last page and it’s a nice touch, though I’m not sure if they still do that. It’s been a few years since I last printed, but they were the first to do the unlimited page sale. Shutterfly didn’t have it at the time I printed my 2015 book and that was thick too. Only cost me $50 something with shipping and I was happy with the book.

Thank you so much!!!

Old 09-23-2019, 08:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So exciting!!
Over the summer, I decided to "let go" of any desire to print a year together & just printed out the most recent 100 pages I completed. And it was SO FUN to open that book! And left me wanting MORE! I do plan on printing a separate book full of our Disneyland trip (in 2016!) so I only put a couple in the one I printed this summer...that one will probably end up "complete" with 120-150 pages. But otherwise, I'll probably just count up to 100 and print again because it's exciting!
Old 09-23-2019, 10:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
So exciting!!
Over the summer, I decided to "let go" of any desire to print a year together & just printed out the most recent 100 pages I completed. And it was SO FUN to open that book! And left me wanting MORE! I do plan on printing a separate book full of our Disneyland trip (in 2016!) so I only put a couple in the one I printed this summer...that one will probably end up "complete" with 120-150 pages. But otherwise, I'll probably just count up to 100 and print again because it's exciting!
I like that idea, maybe that's what I need to do. Thank you for sharing!!
Old 09-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I second Photobook America. I've not printed any layouts in a long time but this company I use for photoshoots and I like them. They always have sales. I get emails everyday from them it's a bit obnoxious.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shutterfly seems to have their big sales periodically. Every few months or so....

I usually print the max shutterfly allows - which was more pages in a regular book than a lay flat book.

Yay for printing - no better feeling in the world than to watch your family enjoy the fruit of your labor!
Old 09-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Here the books can;t be printed any larger than 120 pages... At least not where i print them.
But pretty excited now since i got an email that our Paris album is finished and will be delivered tomorrow!