Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-07-2018, 11:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a 2016 Ford Explorer...love my car! Ours is 4X4 and I have driven it in the snow. It worked like a dream. I've had adults in the third row and while it is a bit tricky to get back there with a middle row bench seat they were comfy once they were settled. My BFF just got a 2018 Explorer with the bucket seats in the second row and it makes getting in and out of the third row so much easier. I wish I would have thought of that!

Old 05-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I drove my 2004 Toyota Sienna until last year when it finally gave in. I LOVED my minivan!! It was seriously the best car ever. Lots of room, tons of cup holders. Great to drive.
Now we're driving a Nissan Pathfinder. It's okay. I'm thankful for it, but it's not my van
I'm looking at getting either a Toyota Highlander or maybe a Subaru Outback.
Ohhh, we are debating between a Highlander or the 4 Runner!!! We seriously need a bigger vehicle and we are diehard Toyota fans!

Old 05-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My husband has a Ford C-Max. He loves it. He fills up gas once a month as he gets 40 mpg and it's a hybrid. He hasn't had any issues with the Colorado Springs snow that we get---it's miserable in the morning, but usually gone by mid-late day. They don't salt here, just sand and it gets slippery. He hasn't complained about his car. It's a smooth ride too!

I have a Toyota Sienna (minivan) for me to drive the kids around and their friends. It doesn't get good gas mileage (18 city/ 25 highway), but it allows all of us to be able to travel comfortably and be able to have room. It's good with the snow. I've not had any issues either. It's a very smooth drive. We drove it from PA to Co when we moved here and it was one of the nicest drives we had done since we got married!

**we also get lower mpg due to our high altitude. If we were lower in altitude, it would be better mpg**

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 05-08-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got a car last week. Honda Pilot. We wanted to be able to seat 5 adults with room. I had 2 honda odysseys and they were amazing - lots of room for people and stuff and very reliable. We gave the first one away when it had 200,000 miles and it's still going. But I wanted all wheel drive because we had issues in the snow a couple of times.
I looked at the toyota highlander and the back row was tiny. Might be fine for a kid but not an adult. The Toyota 4Runny had room, but the gas mileage was terrible.
So we went with the Pilot. I love that it has apple (and android) car play and connect with your phone - you can connect to any contact without entering them, your GPS on your phone, spotify, etc. LOVE!!!
Old 05-08-2018, 06:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinShannon View Post
Ohhh, we are debating between a Highlander or the 4 Runner!!! We seriously need a bigger vehicle and we are diehard Toyota fans!
My best friend recently bought a new Highlander (she drove her old one to death). She loves it. She doesn't have kids, so I can't tell you how it would be for them.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
interesting to know for sure!!

Thanks for all these suggestions! My head is SO tired from looking.. the amount of tabs I have open on my browser right now is insane :O

We are looking more at the SUV's with a 3rd row but I can't help but think that back row won't be all that comfortable for either kid in a few years time (lily is 15 and lucas is 10)
Be very careful with that 3rd row!...we had a GMC Yukon for years and they stole the 3rd row from my husbands work parking lot. They are very expensive to replace. I believe you can buy locks for them after the 2007 models...Also, they are on the top of the list for theft. We had ours stolen in December. When we found it, it was in pieces. They like to steal them and sell the parts. But it definitely was my favorite =(

We now have a Kia Optima and its really good on gas. Also a Chevy Malibu. But i dont think they would help in the snow
Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm seriously going crazy with this decision making stuff
Old 05-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'd suggest narrowing it down to 2 or 3 favorites then going to test drive them. Once you decide on the one, do some research online to find the best deal... there are so many buying options these days, even for cars, no need to feel pressure and buy straight off the lot.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Darcy went on the weekend and chose the vehicle (i gave him the OK)
He got a used 2016 mazda cx-9.. i do like it other than feeling motion sickness in the passenger side I'm not sure if it's nerves.. or just an adjustment (we had a chevy truck so it's quite the change) or if it's something that I am going to have to suffer with (ACKKKKK) think good thoughts and i'm open to prayers too!
Old 05-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
**we also get lower mpg due to our high altitude. If we were lower in altitude, it would be better mpg**
I didn't know altitude makes a difference! I'm at a high altitude but i know not nearly as high as some of the regions in the US. My town is actually the highest in all of BC at 4200 feet
Old 05-14-2018, 01:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'll be praying for your adjustment, Kristin! I'm glad that the stress of choosing a car is over!
Old 05-14-2018, 01:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hopefully you will get used to it!