Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2015, 11:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD - Printed Layouts/Albums - 10.23.15

How many pages/albums do you have printed out of your layouts? Where do you usually get them printed at?

I don't have any regular chronological pages printed after 12 years. *ducks*

I do have a trip album and 3 Daily December albums printed. I've had all my Christmas albums printed at PrestoPhoto (at Vanessa's recomendation a couple of years ago!) and love what I've gotten.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have yearly albums printed for 2011-2014, two vacation albums, and a week in the life album all finished and printed in phonebooks. I also have basic phonebooks of harvest (x2), our wedding, and our honeymoon.

They are all printed through either Shutterfly or Blurb. I prefer Blurb and will always use them (with updated paper) in the future.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a few random layouts printed, but no specific chrono ones or albums. I get all mine printed through Persnickety Prints and I absolutely love the quality.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:03 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I have printed all of my yearbooks and vacation scrapbooks since 2011, so I have quite a collection now.
I'm from the Netherlands, I print my books with either Albelli or Hema.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have most of what I have scrapped in printed albums. I print through Persnickety Prints when they have sales. I don't scrap chronologically so I just use 3 ring albums and loose pages rather than bound books. I have about 100 layouts left to print and I'll be completely caught up on printing everything from 2007 forward.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have about 30 Shutterfly books. These are all from 2002 - 2010 there abouts. I haven't printed any in a while. I really need to get on it. Some of mine are chronological, some are themed and some are just layouts thrown into a book. My kids love them though and look at them often. I'd really like to get more books made I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. I also don't know how I want my books... chronologically or all the holidays together, etc.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For albums - I probably have about 15 or so.... they are vacations, month in review, photo of the day, December Daily, Week in the Life and a couple baby ones... printed at Shutterfly, the vacation ones are from Mixbooks. For my other pages - I have them printed 8x8 from Persnickety Prints an they are put into D ring binders. I have only printed layouts for Jake's birthday that I use as decor (kind of a year in review of him)... so I'm behind on all the other printing for like 2 years! Since everyone likes the bound books better - I would love to just reprint everything... would be cheaper in the end - and less of a headache - finding 8x8 D ring binders and page protectors are getting harder and harder to locate. However, I don't do layouts in order... I'm like a year behind in scrapping some subjects because of new CT kits that come out early for a holiday.

So - now I just need to win the lottery so I can afford to reprint everything....
Old 10-23-2015, 02:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have 40 photobooks, some from shutterfly, but I've been using viovio since 2009. I do have some loose layouts from the first year I was doing digi, probably 100 or so, and some in my all about me album.

My printing is from May 16, 2005 (When Keira was born), through I think September 2013, I'd have to look, but I think that's the last book I did.

How many actual layouts, well, this might blow some minds! It did mine, I just went through and added them up (by using shutterfly & viovio to see old orders). 3,599 is what I came up with, not counting the loose layouts i have, so probably right around 3,750 ish.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have 23 printed photobooks (2007-2013, although only 2008, 2010 and 2011 are completely done). I have three more pages to finished before I can print the next one.

I print through Shutterfly, but only when I have a 50% coupon. (I know there are probably better places now, but I don't need them to be "professional' quality and the OCD in me likes that they're all uniform on the shelf...)
Old 10-23-2015, 04:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I only have printed books and I have 12 so far, being family albums covering 2008-2014 and several books for each of my boys from birth. I print with an Aussie company called Albumworks.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nearly everything I've ever scrapped is printed, and the ones that aren't are recent and just waiting for my next print order. I print vacations as bound books, usually from Shutterfly. I have 8 of those. My regular albums are loose pages from Persnickety in a postbound album. I have one 12x12 a year from 2011 to 2015. From 2003 through 2010 I have an 8.5x11 for each year of each child's life. So...28 books total ranging from 20 layouts in the photobooks to 200+ in some of the family albums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have printed five 100-page albums printed through Winkflash. They are in a bound album roughly 1/2 inch thick. At the current time, I have at least 3, if not 4 more 100-page albums ready to be printed, but am waiting until we move so I don't have to worry about moving them.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love seeing so many people that have so many printed layouts!!
Old 10-24-2015, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have about 1,000 pages printed out but they are not in order (which drives some people crazy)!! One page might be from 2011 and then the next page is from 2014.

I have a few Shutterfly books but I like my 12x12 loose pages better.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print 12x12 loose pages from Scrapping Simply for my regular pages.

My Project Life pages are in photobooks from Paper Kiwi (scrapping Simply).
Old 10-24-2015, 02:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have just started to get things printed, and am LOVING it. I have sooooo many unprinted, but little by little I am getting there. I am printing 8x8 at Persnickety Prints, since I don't scrap in order either. I love the versatility, but like Rebecca, and finding them much harder to get my hands on 8x8 albums anymore.

I just finished my Week in the Life album and love it, and a 4x4 vacation album. I have started putting together 6x8 books for my kids school stuff, too. And of course there are about 5 unfinished December Daily albums hanging around. Haha!

Getting the pages printed definitely helps motivate me to do more. My kids love looking at them all.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 5 books printed til now. Our wedding (two versions so I count them as one book), my budoir shoot for my husband's morning of the wedding present and two books of our oldest first year. Currently working on catching up on his books and our youngest books. One per kid, per year. Almost done with my project life 2015 book, so I'll print that as soon as I get a good bargain. Then I'm working on 2014 and 2015 pictures only books for my mother and mother in law. And soon I'll have finished our vacation album of this year so that's being printed asap too.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:30 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I haven't printed any layouts yet but am thinking about it. ☺ As I also don't scrap chronologically, I think I'll probably go with printing loose pages.

But I'm thinking whether to print matt or glossy.

Any views? ☺

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2015, 04:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I have 3 albums I have completed - my daughter's first album that goes from 2008-2010 and then her 2011and 2012 albums. Oh, and I have our Project Life 2012 pages all printed and complete. Now if I could have kept all of that up, it would have been great. I don't scrap in order so I have been working on the 2013 albums for the past couple years. I find I have the most trouble scrapping birthday photos... for some odd reason and usually that's my last part to add.

I actually thought about just printing and not worrying about it being in order, but that would make my head spin if it were out of order.