Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How long have you been scrapping?

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping, not high school scrapbooks but digi or paper scrapping like we do now. About 16 years.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? started with paper and 4 years ago I tried digi and never looked back. I've never made a paper layout since.

What or who got you scrapping? My daughter was pregnant with her second child and showed me an album she made of her first child and then I was hooked. I saw a kit on QVC and ordered it, but it took me about 3 months before I tried it and I haven't stopped since.

[color=red] Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I'm scrapping for my two granddaughters, but just recently found out my 45 yo son and his doctor girlfriend are expecting their first child in May...and it's a boy! Thankfully I saved all my PSD files and I can change "Uncle Jim to Daddy" and print layouts for our first grandson!

Last edited by tx-nana-scraps; 01-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping, not high school scrapbooks but digi or paper scrapping like we do now. "Real" scrapbooks... since about 1998, but I became obsessed with it when I got married in 2002.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I started with paper and began trying out digi in 2006. I am now 100% digi and haven't made a paper page since 2010.

What or who got you scrapping? I always loved making scrapbook albums for family as gifts. I would make mini books and 6x6 albums all the time. When I got married I became more interested in scrapbooking my honeymoon/wedding pictures and began making 12x12 pages.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I scrap for me, mostly. But I also scrap for my kids and husband. Sometimes I do pages for other family members.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping?
14 years or so...

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper?
I started paper in 2000 and switched to digi in 2007

What or who got you scrapping?
I was assigned to a long term business trip to England in Spring of 2000... my step dad let me borrow his new toy... it new technology - a digital camera that saved photos on a 3.25 floppy disk! haha... and I also had loads of brochures, etc from being in England and Scotland for 9 weeks. For digi... I tried to get my mom to scrap and she said her hardest problem was layout. So I saw Memory Maker software on QVC and ordered it for her birthday. She gave it back to me to figure out how to use it... and I got frustrated in what designs and the software and did some research and found SSD... the rest is history!

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I scrap for my son... I want to capture his childhood and once in a while I throw in stuff about me. But I do scrap pages for my mom if she needs something quick done... and I've also made a few scrapbooks for my uncle - one on their beloved horse that passed away and another on the history of his church.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping, not high school scrapbooks but digi or paper scrapping like we do now. I've been helping my mom scrapbook since I was a kid so i don't know if that counts as a "high school" scrapbook or not since what i made as a kid with my mom is the same sort of thing I make now. if it does count, I say about 20 years. If not i'd count from when i was in high school (even though you said not high school ones because honestly they're the same thing for me, lol) so about 10 years.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? started with paper of course, I don't think digi was around when i was helping my mom and I hadn't heard about it when i was in high school. I started digi when my oldest was a year old and haven't looked back. that was in 2008.

What or who got you scrapping? My mom got me scrapping as I said above, lol! and then all my high school plays and volleyball tournaments got me scrapping in high school and then having my kids got me scrapping after i got married.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? partially for myself and partially for my kids. I'm not making books for myself, i make books for each kid with each having personalized pages. I figure they'll probably have me keep them until I pass away and then they'll take them. My mom has all of mine from me growing up.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Since 2008, although, I started using PS in 2006 when I used to make signatures, cards, etc.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper?
I've only done digital.

It was a natural transition from making signatures.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself?
Mostly myself, but I do scrap for family and friends occasionally.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping, not high school scrapbooks but digi or paper scrapping like we do now. 6 years

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? digi

What or who got you scrapping? I used digital supplies to make forum signatures, and just decided to try actually using them for their actual purpose.

Who do you scrap for? Myself and my family. I do it for them to record our life, and I do it for me for the creative release.

Last edited by MommaTrish; 01-09-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

how long have you been scrapping? I started in 2004

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I've always been digi. If I couldn't scrap digitally I wouldn't scrap, me and scissors do not get along.

What or who got you scrapping? I was on a fertility board called Ovusoft and some people in a group I was in starting doing it. I was a tagger back then and had PSP5 and went to the now defunct site they were on, downloaded some freebies and gave it ago. Then I took a couple PSP specific scrap classes.

Who do you scrap for? Mostly for myself. I have no idea if the boys will ever want the books I print & I don't operate on the assumption that they will. It'll be nice if they do but mostly I am pleasing myself. And my memory sucks since having kids, the layouts are a nice way to keep track of the details.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping, not high school scrapbooks but digi or paper scrapping like we do now. About 7 1/2 years

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I tried paper scrapping but never really clicked with it but already knew photoshop so thought id give it a go and been hooked since

What or who got you scrapping? My daughter was about 6 months old and i had all these photos of her and wanted to do something special with the photos

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? Mainly myself but for family and friends too if i see some nice photos that need a bit of extra zing
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I started in March 2004.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I've always been digi. Well, unless you count 2 paper LOs. When I first found scrapping, I thought I was going to be a paper scrapper and bought a few supplies. My first layout was 90% paper, with just photo editing, title, and journaling done on the computer. For my second layout I was about 50% paper and 50% digi. By layout #3 I was 100% digi and never looked back.

What or who got you scrapping? My oldest was 5 months old, and I didn't want to forget what was going on in our photos. When I printed photos, I wanted a way to note the story or milestones with it.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I scrap because I love it and want my memories of our family recorded, but I scrap with the intention of sharing the pages with my family. Don't know if that would be considered scrapping for me or for the family.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping, not high school scrapbooks but digi or paper scrapping like we do now. I actually started digiscrapping when I was in high school, in about 2005 (I graduated in 06). So, I guess nearly a decade now!

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I started with paper, very briefly, and have toyed on and off with paper since, but every time I spend money on paper supplies, I remember WHY I don't paper scrap, and go straight back to digi (and the occasional hybrid project).

What or who got you scrapping? I have always loved photography and preserving memories, so I'd say that is a huge part of it. However, my main reason for getting into digi was needing an easy way to get an album of photos done for 8 people... and digi seemed like the most efficient process.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I mostly scrap for myself and my own memory preservation. Of course, my albums are for my son, too. I've started scrapping more for my boyfriend, and I've done a few albums for family... so it's kind of a mixed bag there.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started paper scrapping in 1998 at 14 years old. After learning a little bit about digi-scrapping during the Summer of 2007, I really started after my oldest was born in 2009.

I started with paper. I have lots and lots of paper scrapbooks cause I scrapped a lot through high school and college. While I don't ever plan on re-scrapping them in digi form, I don't even like looking at them cause I don't really even like the look of paper scrapping anymore. Digi is just so much better!

In college I did a lot of work with InDesign. I really enjoyed it. Right after I graduated, I was at my aunt's house and she introduced me to digi scrapping. That was Spring of 2007. I did some that summer, but then I met my husband and all my spare time was spent with him...

I scrap for my family. Sometimes I do a page for my sister, as I have no boys or Disney pictures and every once in a while, my CT work requires those types of pictures. I do it for me too cause I enjoy having the hobby as an outlet or even something non-housewife related to do during the day. I also very much love the finished product.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? 15 years ago

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper?I started paper scrapping with Creative Memories. I was even a consultant a few times. I started digi scrapping when my second son was born in 2009. I had lots of time to scrap while he nursed.

What or who got you scrapping? I was into rubber stamping through Stampin' Up and through that I met a Creative Memories consultant, who got me hooked.

Who do you scrap for? I mainly scrap for family- My husband, kids and me, and lots of stuff for my mom and dad.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I did paper scrapping back in the scary days of decorative scissors and stickers for about 3-4 years. Then I took about a 2 year break from doing much of anything. I've been digiscrapping since 2007, so almost severn years now. Wow.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I started with paper, but I am IN LOVE with digi, and I'll never go back.

What or who got you scrapping? I honestly don't remember how I first got involved in paper scrapping. As for digi, my good friend Tana Coleman (some of you may know her as tanbanan around digiland) introduced me to the ins and outs of digiscrapping. I had been looking for some what to scrap on my computer, and when I saw some of her layouts, I had her show me the ropes. We were living in two different states at the time, so she just sent me links and helped me get started.

Who do you scrap for? I scrap my family's memories . . . mostly my own family (hubby and kids), but also some of my the memories connected to my original family (parents and siblings). The actual act of sitting down and doing the work/play of scrapping, though, it completely for ME . . . it's my creative outlet, and I love it!

Old 01-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I started scrapping in 2006.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I started with digi. I tried paper once and it was a mess!

What or who got you scrapping? When my twins were born a friend of mine gave me a pre-made paper scrapbook that I only had to add pictures to, but she only made one and never finished the second. I couldn't make a scrapbook for just one of my babies, so I started researching and found digi-scrapping. I was also in a group of twin moms at at twins message board and we decided to work on a circle journal together. I did my one and only paper page for this and quickly got started with digi before I needed to mail my next journal.

Who do you scrap for? I scrap for myself and for my family, to capture and record our memories.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

How long have you been scrapping? since Feb '07

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I got some paper scrap stuff as a wedding shower gift. Didn't touch it until I got pregnant...bought some extra supplies. It was fun to SHOP for the paper scrap stuff, but I didn't enjoy using it. So it sat around for a LONG time and is now part of Rachel's art stash. When I discovered digi I was hooked immediately.

What or who got you scrapping? Both having a baby and wanting to do something with my wedding photos.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? For myself because I enjoy the process. Also for Rachel, because I want her to know some of the stories that go along with the photos.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? Summer of 2000.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I was paper originally. Decorative scissors and stickers. Switched to digital in 2004 and back then digital was brand new. There were less than a handful of stores. I have done a couple of paper projects since then, but I'm almost solely digital.

What or who got you scrapping? I started researching scrapbooking because we were taking what was going to be a "once in a lifetime" Disney trip and I wanted some kind of scrapbooked memories. We've been 4 or 5 times since then, so not exactly once in a lifetime but it did get me scrapping.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? For a long time, I would have said me. Since I went to primarily pocket scrapbooking, it's more a family project. My family contributes photos, stories, and they're eager to see the pages in albums. My teens are growing and moving out soon, so it's nice to do it for all of us.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I started in about 2000 or so. I can't really remember.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? started with paper (totally an amateur) and then I went to digi in about 2008 and never looked back.

What or who got you scrapping? I was on a mommy message board and wanted to make siggies, so I looked up a few tutorials and then looked for supplies. Once I saw all the pretty stuff I was completely hooked.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? Myself and my family. It is both memory keeping and a creative outlet.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Since 2009.

Started out digi, never plan to change it. :-)

A friend of a friend was a designer at that time, and I was curious what it was about, so I downloaded a couple of freebies and it was fun, so...

For myself and for friends. Also for Mum.

Last edited by adrianka; 01-11-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been scrapping? Since 1997 - about 17 years

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I started out paper scrapping and then switched to digital in 2000 after looking for a way to fix our photos.

What or who got you scrapping?I was on bed rest for the last part of my pregnancy of my 2nd child and wanted to find a way to entertain my oldest and myself during the long hours. Scrapbooking seemed a fun way to do this and also create a baby album for my daughter.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I scrap for myself and family - it is kind of haphazard as I don't think I have ever completed a full year of photos. I seem to struggle with friends or family ask me to complete a page for them - I think it is because I am not "connected" to it and so it is not as personal as the pages I do for my family.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think it was approx. 2000, so about 14 years. But I don't think my first real scrapbook was done until 2003 since I started stamping versus scrapping more.

I started out stamping, and making cards - I was a SU demonstrator. With that, I started making scrapbooks in 2003. After I had my son in 2004, had my son and took a huge break (I was frustrated I didn't have the time to paper scrap - mess, clean up, time), I found digi in 2009, but started in 2010 truly. Never looked back.

Stamping... making cards progressed to making scrapbooks. Mostly around my wedding and honeymoon in 2002.

Me, and then some gifts for family.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

about 17 years

I started paper when I was 17 and switched to digi when I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago.

I started scrapping in the first place because I liked all the products and stores and I would see around and it was a fun way to get my creativeness going. I switched to digi when I stumbled upon it at BabyZone when I was pregnant with my son. I thought it looked amazing and so much better than any paper stuff I had ever saw.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I scrap for my son, I also like to scrap for my family because they like to see them. I also scrap for myself to make sure I scrap the memories and I often use it as a sort of journal.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping,
I started in College in 1998.

I started Paper but now only have the time for Digital

hm?? I guess my love for photos. i wanted a pretty place for all my pics.

for myself and family. i used to do scrap for hire but who has time for that?!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? I mean really scrapping, not high school scrapbooks but digi or paper scrapping like we do now. 16 years.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? Started with paper. Found digi in 2004 and did both for a while. I haven't done anything with paper since about early 2007. I LOVE digi!!

What or who got you scrapping? I've always made scrapbooks of some sort since I was a kid. A friend had a Creative Memories album and then had a class/party. I even ended up being a CM consultant for a while.

Who do you scrap for? Myself and my family. It's my creative outlet that will benefit my family some day (I hope).
Old 01-11-2014, 01:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just wondering...how long have you been scrapping? A long time....at least since18 years.

Did you start out doing digi or paper scrapping and go to digi or stick with paper? I did paper for many years and then switched to digi in 2007. I am getting back to my paper scrapping now by doing lots of hybrid stuff.

What or who got you scrapping? The birth of my first son.

Who do you scrap for? I mainly scrap for myself and hope that eventually one day my boys will thank me for the scrapbooks!!! I tend to make duplicates of what I scrap to give to my mom as well.!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

About 6 years

I started out buying small paper kits and created my first album. Then, started to try digital a few months after that. Now, I have started with paper again.

Found out about it when I was trying to find out signature info on a pregnancy forum and really wanted to see what it was about.

My family and myself. I love to look at my pages once I have gotten them printed, but my daughter goes through the albums more than I. My husband likes to go back and reead the journaling..says it reminds of some moments he had forgotten about.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's fun to read how or why each of you started scrapping. My scrapping is mainly for my granddaughters and since they were about 3 & 5 ( they are 17 & 15 now) they have loved getting them for Christmas. They stop opening their presents and look at the pages. They have fun with them and so do their parents.
My hubby loves seeing all of my layouts too. Love scrapping for my family.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been scrapping?
About 10 years now.

I started paper scrapping first, and did that for a couple of years before going digital.

The birth of my daughter. I wanted her to know first hand how much she is loved. My worst fear is that I die before she is grown. I want her to know from me directly, how precious she is, and what our life was like when she was young.

Who do you scrap for? Family, friends or yourself? I scrap for my daughters and myself primarily, but I also continually work on layouts for my neices and nephews albums. There are 10 of them, so I'm never short of photos!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Almost 16 years. I started scrapbooking the year we got married (98).

I began as a paper scrapper. I don't think I've done a paper layout since 2005. It was December of 2004 when I created my first digital layout. It all happened by accident really, but I love digital and haven't looked back!

My husband. I have always been crafty and delved into whatever craft caught my eye. Scrapbooking intimidated me though so I never really moved in that direction. Sean bought me my first scrapbooking supplies. I let them sit for well over a year before I did that first layout. I only did it out of the guilt of having the supplies and having never used them.

As a creative outlet, I scrap for myself. My children love the books and the pages about them, so my scrapping is also for my family.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've never paper-scrapped. Been digi scrapping since December 2006.

See above. Digi all the way Although now with my art journaling I guess I could say I do pseudo-hybrid.

It was actually former SugarBabe Aggie Aviso--I saw her layouts and wondered if I could do the same, especially as she told me they were done in PS. I was familiar with the concept of layers and figured that maybe I could give it a shot.

I feel like I've come full circle with the reasons I scrap. Now it's primarily as a creative outlet, because I have my photos and journaling apps to keep my memories. I have to say, though, that going back in time to my photos and reading the stories behind them gives me warm fuzzies, especially when I share them with my family.