Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Why dit you start scrapbooking

Hello ,

Today i whas having a little strugle more then 10 years ago i started digitale scrapbooking just for relaxing and fun i saved the pages to my computer and that whas it . It whas just my time to relax and set my mind of things ( i had a little depression at that moment ) But then my computer crached and i lost all my photos i never had print them and all my layouts ,

So the last year i am trying to finish my photobooks for 2011-2015 those photo's where on my ehd and i don't wanne lose them because i don't print out any layouts so now i am making pages to fit the photo's and finish my albums . but i notice it is in the way of my time to relax and just scrap pages for fun for the ct's i am on ...

So i am wondering why dit you start scrapbooking ? and do you scrapbook for your familly albums or just for fun . or mabey a mix of both ?

I decided to try to srap from now on in the weekends for my familly albums and during the week just for fun or for the designers i ct for not thinking about the story or making a double spread just scrap to have fun
Old 02-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started because we moved from Florida to Alaska (we spent three weeks driving) and took over 2000 pictures along the way. I wanted a way to preserve them while allowing me enough creative control to write as much as I wanted. (At the time Shutterfly would only allow you to write a couple of lines per page...)
Old 02-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I always love to look at photobooks and scrapbooks. I was never very good or patient enough to do much with paper scrapping. Once I had my second child, I fell into digi and LOVED it. It was clean, quicker and cheaper than paper scrapping. Now I try and do an album every year. My kids and myself LOVE looking at our older memories.
So, I guess I scrapbook to preserve the memories. I don't mess too much with my pages. I like them simple and clean.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Johnny was 4 when Eden was born and I couldn't believe how quickly the time and flown by. So I decided to scrapbook a couple pictures of her from each month the first year. I just put a couple pictures in and printed out some of the new things she was doing.

Then I discovered 2Peas and it was all over from there, lol!
Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When my oldest child was about 5 months old (he's 12 now), I wanted a way to keep my written memories with my photos. I knew I'd never remember that a particular photo was from the first time he rolled over or what he was laughing at in another. So I guess I'd say that I started as a form of memory keeping, but it was more for me than my family. That's still true, but now it's maybe 70% for me and 30% for them. Any stress I put on myself (and I do!) is all mine. I look at an album and see that my Project Life pages stop at week 30 or that DD's birthday isn't in the album yet. They just see what *is* there and enjoy the stories.

If trying to finish albums is taking the joy out of scrapping, maybe a better solution would be to backup your photos well (ie, in 2 ways) so you're not worried about losing them. Then you could tackle the photos when they inspired you instead of them feeling like a chore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2016, 10:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started scrapbooking - I guess real scrapbooking - in 2000 after a 2 month business trip to England and I saw this thing called scrapbooking on a HGTV show. I've always played with photos and layouts since middle school on and was editor of my high school's yearbook for two years.

For digital... my mom was frustrated when it came to layout and I purchased the software package, making memories (I think that is what it was called)... I was frustrated with the ugly designs that came with the software and happened up on SSD. My son was just born and I found it so much easier to scrap on the computer then pulling out all my scrapbooking stuff on the kitchen table.

I only scrap for family scrapbooks... it's rare that I will create a page that won't be printed for our scrapbooks.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started digi because I was tired of not being able to finish a page during nap time and then risking having it destroyed before I could finish it!

Old 02-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I started dig scrapping after my son was born and he was able to reach my scrapping table. It didn't take me long to completely forget the paper scrapping after I found the digital scrapping about 9 years ago. I mostly scrap photos of my kids for their albums but I have started doing a few pages for me lately as well (mostly for the bingo challenges) and I have been really enjoying those pages.

I used to do a ton of CT work (way back in the dark ages of digs scrapping) but when I went back to teaching I gave up doing the CT work. When I started my masters degree I ended up stopping scrapbooking for almost 5 years. I am so glad to be back at this again. Finding the bingo challenges really got me back into this. I don't even care how behind on the kids albums I am now. I just scrap for the enjoyment of it.

For me scrapping is my creative outlet and stress reliever. It doesn't matter what kind of page I am doing just the act of scrapping relieves stress.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I started because I saw my friend did a page on her blog... then I asked her and researched more after that. I started doing it because I love it as a creative outlet as well as memory-keeping hobby.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We took a 6 week RV trip out West in 2011 and it was so amazing I knew I had to preserve those memories. I did my first digital scrapbook following that trip and I haven't stopped since. I try to scrap the memories I want to save and put them in a book - I don't stress about making my single pages match or making doubles specifically for an album. The important thing is the memories.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Both for fun and for preserving memories - I and my family LOVE looking at our photobooks. I'm fairly organised and caught up with my scrapping (it took me 6-7 years to get to that point) so I find I have time for just playing around for fun. That means I end up with a ton of pages that haven't gone into a book - they are still 'memories' but often don't have journalling attached. I'm still pondering what to do with them - maybe a book of random (pretty) pages one day.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started when i saw page from fioon( a member on this forum) she posted on a disneyforum.
The first time i saw digital scrapping.i did a bit normal scrapping.
She explained somethings and i was hooked.
Its relaxing.and i like documenting vacations.
And after a while i saw year projects and made those too.
Scrapping since april 2010
Old 02-06-2016, 08:05 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I started teaching myself to do digital scrapbooking when I was pregnant with our eldest child, as I wanted to make a pregnancy album.

Most of the layouts I create (including those for CT layouts) make it into one of my albums - I like to use the time that I have to create effectively and for me that means being able to create layouts that I am happy with and would print.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 02-06-2016, 09:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was a crappy paper scrapper, stickers and funky scissors. My daughter was like 15 months old and I was just getting so far being on scrapping her photos. She needed a scrapbook project for her daycare of the family, so I did a digital one and had it printed at Walmart as an 8x10 and LOVE how it looked.

So for preserving family memories for me. No mess, creative release. Now, this July will mark 10 years I've been digital scrapbooking, and I've printed over 40 photobooks (plus the first year loose 12x12 pages). And there are over 2000 layouts in those books.

I rarely scrap a layout and don't have it printed.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I was a crappy paper scrapper, stickers and funky scissors. My daughter was like 15 months old and I was just getting so far being on scrapping her photos. She needed a scrapbook project for her daycare of the family, so I did a digital one and had it printed at Walmart as an 8x10 and LOVE how it looked.

So for preserving family memories for me. No mess, creative release. Now, this July will mark 10 years I've been digital scrapbooking, and I've printed over 40 photobooks (plus the first year loose 12x12 pages). And there are over 2000 layouts in those books.

I rarely scrap a layout and don't have it printed.
I need to be better about printing my books!!! You should snap a few shots of your books and share them.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I need to be better about printing my books!!! You should snap a few shots of your books and share them.
Yes please share some shots of your books !

P.s i also love the idea to make a generale book with just the pretty layouts
Old 02-06-2016, 12:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

At the time (2003), I was newly married, jobless, and 8 hours away from my brand new stepkids. It gave me a way to feel close to them + something to do while my (ex)husband was at work.

I have continued to do it as a creative outlet, way to 'use' all the photos I take, a stress reliever, a pretty way to tell my story, and the best way I know how to let my children know how much I love them (and the 'proof' can be seen and held long after I am gone).

My scrapping has saved my life more than once and gotten me through divorce, adultery, near homelessness, food insecurity, two unplanned pregnancies, being laid off, moving cross country twice, stepmotherhood (twice), losing several loved ones, depression, and severe post-partum.

It is my lifeblood.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2016, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mostly because I really enjoy doing it! .... but also it forces me to memorialize my photos. Another added benefit is that I have gifts for my in-laws and parents, lol, since I print annual photobooks.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started scrapbooking in tenth grade (our last year of high school) when our assignment from our school trip was to make a scrapbook of the trip. My very first and extremely bad book, but I caught the bug and since then it has just evolved. I was a paper scrapper for many years and used to collect all kinds of stuff to put in my albums, be it the fluffy stuff from the stick from my umbrella drink, sand from the beach in France or the steel spoon we got on frist class on our plane ride to Lyon. As I said, a lot of weird stuff. I switched to digital after our first child was born, I simply didn't have enough time to get every page done, my little boy got his hands on my paper and ellies and it just took up too much room, so digital was the solution and I love it. I do miss all the weird pieces I collected for my books though, perhaps I should make a box of all those things and collect the different trips in zip lock bags with labels or something like that. That way I can dig them out when I look through my books.

And I scrap mainly for myself, because I love it, but also because I would want my children to know their history and mine when I'm no longer around to tell them stories from their childhood or my past.
I spend most of my time on PL weekly layouts now, but if I have a day off or am felling extra creative I'll look back through my PL pages and scrap certain pictures that I liked or memories that I feel need to be a part of my children's books. I make them each their own book, one per year (or so my current plan is), per child. Then once I get around to scanning all the pictures of my own childhood and my husband's childhood, I'm making a book about us too.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a friend who scrapbooked and I went to a couple of scrapnights with her just to hang out but didn't really catch the bug. About a year later, DH and I adopted our daughter and I decided to do a scrapbook about that. After that, I was hooked. I started out with paper(2001) and then switched to digital in 2006.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:45 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

my first post here, and my first post on a digiscrap forum in a long time. I started digiscrapping because I was just totally enchanted by what I saw other digiscrappers do on their pages.

it will be 11 years this year since I first stumbled upon 2Peas

at the moment i am really missing scrapping - ehd crashed followed by hd crash, lost all my kits and everything on the computer, but at least I have full size .jpg of my layouts which I backed up onto google photos as well as all our digital photos.

hope to get a new computer soon because I really love scrapping ~ the creative outlet is so fulfilling and deeply satisfying. scrapping, for me, magnifies what i love about my family, friends and life. it keeps me in a state of gratitude.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyPilly View Post
my first post here, and my first post on a digiscrap forum in a long time.
at the moment i am really missing scrapping - ehd crashed followed by hd crash, lost all my kits and everything on the computer, but at least I have full size .jpg of my layouts which I backed up onto google photos as well as all our digital photos.
Welcome! So sorry you lost all your digi supplies but you're right, you have the most important things - your photos!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:12 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I discovered digital scrapbooking over a year ago. I printed calendars on arts cow using their templates but they were really basic so I started googling calendars and stumbled across various digitial scrapbooking sites before discovering the wonderful Sweet Shoppe As soon as I saw the gallery I was hooked. For me it's about documenting my daughter's childhood and I try to make the pages look pretty but it's more about the stories. I don't even have enough time to scrap for albums never mind 'fun'!