Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-21-2021, 10:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What are you procrastinating?

Anyone have anything you're procrastinating on???

I do a yearly 'yearbook' of photos for our family so that the photos get off my phone (and not just the ones I scrap, because I don't scrap in order).

I'm now 2 years behind - 2019 and 2020. My dad passed in Oct, 2019 and it wasn't a great year of memories through his illness, so in Jan. 2020 when I would normally do the yearbook I really didn't feel like it. And since I still haven't done 2019 I haven't done 2020 either - I really need to force myself to get on it.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm procrastinating everything

It's 25C (77F) here right now, and I'm just not motivated to do much at all.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post

Hahaha that's a warm summer day here too, I'd be hiding inside (20 is perfect for me ... but we just ended a -40'C streak for a week, so that would be amazing!)

Old 02-21-2021, 10:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If it involves cleaning, sorting, purging I'm procrastinating doing it. There are just so many other things I'd rather do.. like scrapbooking! I got rid of a few toys and things before the holidays through our local buy nothing group but there is so much more to do.
I've also been putting off rejoining the gym. I had big plans of joining around the first of the year and then I got sick with bronchitis that even with meds slowly progressed to pneumonia. This is the first weekend I haven't been coughing all day since the year started. So maybe not all procrastination but I really want to get that done by the end of the month so I can least get some walking in and start getting my lungs (and the rest of my body) back in shape.

Last edited by bienejen; 02-21-2021 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

So much procrastinating.... I "should" be working on signs for my side business, finishing up orders, etc. I'm just finishing up a week's vacation from school, and I made very little progress. Just needed the downtime, I guess. I was pretty productive today (just finished vacuuming lol) but it didn't really make up for being a slacker most of the week.

Old 02-22-2021, 05:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE this question!

I have not graded a SINGLE assignment this quarter; that is 6 weeks of work for THREE classes. At this point, I am so far behind that I may just guess on all their grades at the end of the quarter. (I'm totally kidding...)

I also have no idea what I'm teaching this week in one of my classes, but at least, no, there is no at least. I am sitting here in the SSD forum with no idea about what's next for this one class. (Don't worry, I'm sure I'll figure it out before class tomorrow.)

I also need to call my credit card company because they won't let me pay my Internet bill, or, more importantly, use my credit card for food panda. But I hate talking on the phone, so I've just been paying cash for food and using data from my phone.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:35 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am procrastinating reading through 6 mega-long essays! I know they will be interesting to read (research projects) but they are a really big deal - a whole grade based on this essay. They are also in Swedish (not my mother tongue) so will take me longer to read and to give worthwhile feedback on!
Old 02-22-2021, 11:31 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'm procrastinating going through about 5GB's worth of old family 8mm films that DH digitized and I am editing into a chronological film. It was going to be a surprise gift for his grandma (we would also make copies for his aunts and mom), but we realized we need more information, such as locations and dates and, frankly, some family names because this goes back to my DH's great-great-grandparents! So I sent two DVDs with the mostly-raw footage and a note promising she'll get the Final Cut, but if she wouldn't mind telling us more so we can include info in the DVD's Home page, that would be great.

Later this week my MIL and aunts-in-law will be at Grandma's house because one aunt is getting knee surgery and they're going to help her out. (Yes, I know covid is still bad, but these people think "family that lives in another household" doesn't count as breaking covid protocol simply because they're family. *shrug*) They should all be together when the DVD arrives; it'll be a fun (and non-mobile) activity for them to look at videos of their childhood together. Hopefully they'll laugh and share memories, and I'll get lots of brownie points for doing this. *giggle*

I meant to get this in the mail last week, but between snow days here and bad weather there, it probably wouldn't have arrived much sooner since both our mail service and theirs were delayed. I really wanted to wait and send a final, beautifully edited product to Grandma, but DH wanted to just get her the video. Anyway, I should be working on editing the digitized copies, but here I am, talking about it instead!
Old 02-22-2021, 11:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ugh...

I am procrastinating on just about everything....

I am way behing in scrapping yearly books and memories... I get January and February done for each year and then I lose interest...

Cleaning... ugh, I hate it. Laundry waiting to be folded.... I did not do my weekly food prep last night....

We had a rough week and weekend, (One of my daycare littles fell at home,had a brain bleed and needed to have emergency brain surgery, so so much snow, our metal gas can for filling snowblower and generator rotted and we discovered it as we all walked through it and into the house....ugh.... then the dishwasher broke and leaked all over, then my usually good teens were not so good and snuck out....so I'm totally stressed) (oh and the little one is a complete miracle and is recovering fantasticlly and is home already).....so I am really really outta sorts completely... oh and its snowing again

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-22-2021, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

scrapping, it's all behind.

In life in general- I just got the girls yearbook ordered for this year (I kept putting it off because High School yearbooks are expensive! But since I have a Senior this year and she actually works on the yearbook, I felt it was iimportant).

I need to put down a college deposit. My 2nd oldest has decided where she wants to go, so we need to get her deposit in sometime in the next couple months. I'm putting this off because it's such a big deal! Even with her financial aid package, it's still a little above our budget. She is working and saving her money, so she is planning on helping us out. The problem is that if President Biden's $15 minimum wage plan goes through, she will probably be out of a job. It's a small family owned bakery. And while it's doing wonderfully, her and her sister are bottom of the totem pole and I just can't see her keeping them and paying them that much more. If that happens...we will have to pray A LOT about what to do, because without her help, we can't afford the payments for her College.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think the better question is what am I NOT procrastinating lol.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm procrastinating everything.....seriously, everything including life

Old 02-22-2021, 09:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Cleaning the house (floors and bathrooms) and work. In non-Covid times I'm a preschool teacher, so except for some lesson planning all of my work is done at school during designated times. This year I'm basically writing take home lessons for the school to send parents, so everything is on my own schedule as long as they're done by the deadlines. I really should get ahead so that when my second part time job starts (probably next week) I have an easier time balancing both. But...so far I haven't been motivated to pick up the pace. Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2021, 12:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I think the better question is what am I NOT procrastinating lol.
This comment does not surprise me

Old 02-23-2021, 12:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one procrastinating!!! A lot of you are dealing with a lot of stuff - good luck!!!!

Old 02-23-2021, 01:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

life....
house work...
life...

Old 02-23-2021, 08:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post

Glad I’m not the only one feeling that way.

I’m procrastinating on applying for jobs - I have 6 to do.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-23-2021, 12:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Can we re-phrase your question? What am I not procrastinating?!!!

Motivation for anything past designing is just gone since Covid. Designing is my passion and saves my sanity.

We are trying to declutter our house so eventually we can move to something smaller. I have an office full of craft supplies etc and I walk in it, look around, and don't know what to get rid of because I don't know what will still be needed in future. It is so overwhelming to me. So last night I went in to try again and do something for a few minutes. I've decided just to attack in in short spurts. I have a shoebox size container filled with beads and I stupidly decided to just micro sort beads into colors. Why? Because I couldn't face anything else! Ack. I'm in real trouble in that room.

Oh, and then there is the spare bedroom and a closet full of stuff.

And my clothing closet!

Help! I am so overwhelmed that I just shut down, and start designing again. Sigh.

I am also procrastinating healthier eating and trying to get back to better exercising. I do believe I'm procrastinating on life!
Old 02-23-2021, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cleaning, organizing, decluttering.

And eating healthily again and losing my covid weight.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well... I have 47 open scrapping projects sitting on my server... so, yeah, you can say I am dreading it.... hahaha. vacation albums are the worst.