Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Update on my vision lost

Hello all ,

Well monday i got the results of my Mri , And well i am a bit dissepointed but also a bit happy . Some of you may now my dad and his sister passed away young because of a brainattack so when i lost my vision i whas really scared i would have a brainattack . But the Mri is showing that my brain is looking perfect and also my eyecase . so there is nothing wrong . So with that being all ok it is a releave .

But , It also means my eye whas always week and because of the bump it even went worse and now i only see 1% with it . that is like nothing right ? and well they don't think my vision will come back . So i need to learn living without that right eye it is most hard when i am on the road or when i wanne grab things because i dont see any depth and i am tired really soon . But whe gonne look to the positive and start thinking about what i can instead of what i dont can do
Old 12-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad to hear that at least it's nothing worse than what you are already dealing with. But, I know it must be incredibly frustrating and upsetting for you to learn that the vision loss may be permanent. Big hugs!! Give yourself time to deal with the grief of that but know that you are a strong, amazing woman and can adapt to this! Will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad it is not worse news. It must be so difficult to lose the sight in one eye all of a sudden. You will adapt to your loss of vision. You will learn ways to deal with the loss of depth perception. Give yourself rest when you need it. I'm thinking of you.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry for your loss of vision, but I can imagine the relief you are feeling to find out it is not related to your brain. It is scary having such family history.

I wish you well as you learn to cope with your reduced sight.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 12-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I'm glad you at least got some answers and that it's not more serious. I'm sure it's going to be a huge adjustment. Sending lots of good thoughts.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry for the loss of your vision in that eye, and, too, so thankful that your brain is healthy. I'll be thinking o you as you learn to live without vision in that eye.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

So sorry about the vision loss, Melanie! I pray that miracle happens and your sight will return to normal. I am glad though that there's nothing wrong with your brain!
Old 12-07-2016, 10:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You must be so relieved to know that there is nothing wrong with your brain. Hope the adjustment isn't too hard for you. ((HUGS))

Old 12-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad for you that your vision issues weren't a symptom of something more serious. But I'm sorry that the vision loss is probably permanent. Our brains are amazingly resilient and I know you'll adjust, but I hope it isn't too difficult.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry to hear that your vision loss is probably permanent. That will be hard to adjust to but I hope you're able to do it quickly.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Honestly you'll be fine, i've really only got sight in one eye and while there are certain things I need to consider such as where i sit in a large room, not having great sight at night, in the rain and when it's really sunny. I also make sure to rest my eyes often and sleep well.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv