Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default you know... (warning gayness coming)

The past few weeks.. I've been told, repeatedly lol, that I really need to stop.. and focus.. and live in the moment for once. Just stop stressing about what has happened.. what's going to happen.. what might not happen.. what might... and really just breathe and see what is in front of me..
it's true.. My whole life has been spinning out of control in front of me and in an instant we're at a new place and I totally missed what just went by. I was just thinking... 17 months ago, I was married.. had a family.. was working towards some unknown goals.. and tomorrow, I will wake up.. and I will officially be a single mom to a school aged kid (Well I've been doing the single mom thing LOL.. but the school aged kid part is new ). It happened in a flash-- I mean, going through each day no... I've felt like my life has been droning on and wanting to escape each and every single day.. but an entire year has gone by, the last year I had with ce before he ventured to school......... and it's gone. poof. I blinked my eyes and I can't get it back.
Anyway.. the point of this entirely gay post.. is just a reminder, for myself.. and for everyone else. Just live in the moment.. cherish it. You never know what tomorrow could bring, and how much your life could change.

the end.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

sigh

Old 08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

AMEN!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I know! It all goes by so fast. I try and remind myself to {cherish these moments} but sadly it doesn't always happen and I often find myself wishing I had done better.

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)
Old 08-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I agree ((hugs)). When my life was (originally) ripped out from under me, it was about a week before Nathan started kindergarten. I am feeling pretty introspective today too...as my Nathan turned 9. I'm glad you're thinking...feeling, remembering to cherish everything. We should all take that advice!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree La. My oldest DD graduated from high school in June and I feel like there were so many minutes, hours, days, etc. that I just let go by without cherishing and relishing in each and every moment I could with her. My children and I went through some really hard years from 1991 to 2001 (babies at 16, 18 and 22 and 2 failed marriages) and so much of it is a blur now that I don't even remember so much of it. I long for those years back so that I could have not had pity parties for myself everyday over "how could he have done this to me/us" or "how did this go so wrong, I just want a normal life" and realize that my children and the life we had at that moment were a gift, a miracle and everyday was what I made it.

All that gayness said, lol......you can see I have been there and agree with you 100%. I just live today differently and I absolutely treasure each moment and not a day goes by that I don't LOVE my life, for whatever it may be at that time.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 08-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally feel you on this! I work and have to commute about 1 hour each way and when I get home often my youngest is asleep. I hate that I miss time with her during the week. I try to soak up as much time with my daughters as possible because I know in just a few years they will be going to school and I will miss this time.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Not gay at all, La... I feel like that too... my oldest starts school this week too and my baby will be two, just had his birthday party today. Life does go by in a blink of an eye... thanks for the reminder.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Have you guys seen the move - The five people you meet in heaven ? I saw it a few years back towards the end of a rather difficult time in my life. It gave me such perspective on how important it is to focus on what we have now rather than what we lost because of XYZ tragedy in our life.

Anyway - great thread La, I totally feel the gayness.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Word, La.

I am repeating this mantra over and over in my head when E. refuses to sleep anywhere but in my arms & I'm averaging 3 hours of sleep a day... and everyone is telling me to cherish the sleepless nights and constant feedings + changings.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Please remember this is coming from a long-time single Mom that worked outside the home her whole life:

Do live each day, cherishing every moment. I know it is hard ... trying to do just the basic of the things everyday with your mind wandering. Focus on your kidlet...he(she) will always be there for you. But most importantly, focus on YOURSELF. You are one person. Do NOT do everything by yourself; there is always someone to lend a helping hand or a supportive ear. You can make your OWN dreams come true; your OWN wishes; your OWN desires. It is not a test .. it is a wonderful journey. But, YOU get to decide which roads to take.

You take care of yourself and remember those supportive ears that are on this message board that will be here with you!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

My baby starts kindergarten this year, and I feel so sad. I feel like it's all gone by way too quickly. My boy is going to Grade FOUR. How can I have a kid old enough for Grade four, when I still remember being in grade four? My middle DD is starting Grade one, and that just blows my mind, I still remember her sleeping on me as a baby, and how sweet that was.

I waste too much time, and I need to stop it, because I get so sad that I have no babies left.

LA, you should listen to that advice. It will go by quicker than you can imagine.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for posting this, Lauren. For the past month or so, since splitting up with my fiance, I've been wallowing in "How could he do what he's done?" and have forgotten to be grateful for my two healthy children. I need to spend more time just being with them instead of wasting energy on a man who doesn't deserve it. Life is so precious and you never know what's around the corner. Thank you for reminding me of all the gifts that I've been blessed with.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I so hear ya!!

And I've always wondered about those people who have their kids and then there seems to be a last kid right about the time their lives get back to normal...and now I can see why (not that I'm pregnant or want to get pregnant or can get pregnant). When your child goes off to kindergarten (especially with today's all day kindergarten days) you really start to realize the time that you let slip through your hands and don't want to "lose" any more baby/toddler/mommy moments. Thank goodness I have three more years with Kyle to cherish before he starts kindy!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am now ballin my eyes out!

I have taken so many days for granted....

starting anew in the morning.

thank you.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I tell myself this everyday. Live in the moment, right here right now.

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i could not agree more! i love spending time with my family and soaking it all in! NOTHING is more important!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Aww thanks for all the reminders ladies, it is very hard to live in the moment. Im very OCD and am constantly worried about cleaning up and making things perfect and I sometimes forget how much more important it is that I spend more quality time with my boys and let the house be, you cant get those moments back.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For the sake of making everyone more sad.......

When my DH and I first started dating, my grandmother was in an Assisted Living Community and we would go visit her on weekends often and make coffee and serve cookies to the residents on Sunday afternoons. Although, with my current DH I was already on the path of healing and he was helping me find the importance in life, these times were the real eye opener for me. It still amazes me today when I think back on the stories that I heard those Sundays. EVERY person there had the same stories to tell. Stories of their families. How they met their wives, their husbands, how many children and grandchildren they had, the trips they took as a family, how they all used to sit around the table together for dinner, etc. In all those Sundays and getting to know all of them, I never knew what any of them did for a living, what type of cars they drove, what their home was like or how successful they were at investing. It was all about family. DH and I treasure those months. We think about it all the time and it is a constant reminder that when we grow old, our greatest stories, our greatest gifts, our most valuable posessions, will be our families.

Now I am crying so I am going to bed.

Night girls!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 08-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DH lost his Dad when he was 2 years old (died at 35 of a heart attack in his sleep) and then lost his Mom (58yrs.) the year we got married. His family history sucks the big one!

I try so hard to be all about living in the moment, cherishing what we've got. It's so easy to forget sometimes.

Thanks for the reminder La.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

awww!! great post, La!! its so true. i too need to do the same thing, and just take it one day at a time. i've been trying to spend more time with my kids lately. i try to get DH to but he'd rather sit on the computer and play warcraft all day. i try to tell him that one day he'll wish he had spent time with his kids and family more, but that damn depression just doesn't let him care. i feel very alone right now, but i try to make up for it by spending time with my kids. i don't have any friends to talk to except for you guys on here and i do appreciate all of you, even though i have never met you, lol.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Not gay at all. I love that other people feel this way and are around to remind us all of this. It all goes by too fast.