Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default House update - need positive thoughts

For the longest time, I've been wanting to buy a bi-generation (is that a word in English?) house - a house four our family with an attached independent unit for my mother, so that she can see her grandchildren growing up. I'm really close to my mother and we have a great relationship and know our boundaries, so I know this will work out.

So anyway, we've been visiting and visiting and did not find what we were looking for, so we were going to build, except there is not many land available around here and it's really expensive because you have to include a well and septic system.

A couple of weeks ago, we found a great house, great location, everything, but the offer fell through at the last minute because the owner decided to change his price and added 30 K. That was after a verbal agreement had been reached, so it was not exactly legal, but we decided to move on anyways.

Yesterday, we found another house that we love and would work, on 1 acre of land, just outside the city, 10km from DH's job, 25 from mine, with a bus stop at the corner of the road, two houses down - I need to take the bus to downtown Ottawa for work. We put down an offer and got an exceptional deal, so we're just hopping that the water test (needed since it's a well) and inspection are ok. We also need to sell our house and my mother's condominium within two months. Also, we need to design and order a new kitchen (and buy new appliances) since the one in the house does not work for us. We are also planning to paint and finish the ceiling in the basement, that will be a huge playroom for the kiddos.

I'm just wishing that the process goes smoothly and we can actually move by July 1st. House hunting have been wearing us thin and we are really stressed right now. Here's a link to the property, the entrance/parking space is huge, lol!

http://www.remax-quebec.com/fr/inscr...source=centris