Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you think about and talk about doing things more often that actually DOING them?

I've been like that for years and years, and one of my 2016 goals is to actually take action on all the ideas I always have. So you heard me go all crazy over the James Bay concert, and I was sitting here thinking about how Eden and I have talked for TWO YEARS about how cool it would be to see Tori Kelly live (she is one of our FAVES) and I thought, "Why am I never doing it?" So on a whim I looked up her tour and she is actually in my area next month. There were only GA standingoom tickets left, obviously, but I snatched them up and we're going

I mean, seriously, $75 for the both of us to hear our obsession live. Why do I never do this stuff?

Anyone else like me? Anyone a more grab-life-by-the-horns kinda gal?
Old 04-26-2016, 01:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I *want* to be that kinda girl, but somehow money always seems to stand in the way!
Old 04-26-2016, 01:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yep, I think & talk about stuff to the point of obsession. Doing is a whole different ballgame. LOL
Old 04-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
I *want* to be that kinda girl, but somehow money always seems to stand in the way!
This is me. I always think I have way to many ideas and things I want to do then when it all boils down I either don't have the money or I don't have the time.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

sounds fun!!

i love when i am that girl!!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
I always think money is an issue too, until I think how John and I think nothing of dropping $75 for dinner and drinks every week, so... apparently we pay for the things we want. KWIM?
Old 04-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oooh i have so many things i wanne do but i never do them , sometimes because of the money some times because whe don't have time for them but mostly because i am to scared to do them , About 15 years ago i had a fobia to go on the street , all do now a days i do go out to things i am so nervous before i do . Like the concert i dit in march with my best friend i whas sick litterly sick for 2 days and i new it whas because i had to go to the concert and a hour after whe where there i had so much fun and like it ... but it is always the step before that helts me down to do it
Old 04-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That's so me, too. There are so many things I mean to do, but actually taking the time to plan them and make them happen? Not as much.

A lot of it for me is not wanting to spend the time. When I finally have time for myself, I want to read or scrap, not plan outings or get ideas for redecorating, or whatever. I like the final results of spending that time, but not the actual time spent, if that makes sense. For example-we have a few rooms we want to redecorate. I don't get excited about looking for ideas or picking colors or shopping for furniture. I do it because I have to. I'll enjoy having the project finished and living in the nicer space, but none of that will happen unless I give up "my" time to research and plan first, and I don't want to.

The other part of it for me is just getting caught in a rut, finding it easier to stick with our usual activities and routines and forgetting to look beyond them. I'm such a creature of habit.

Last edited by rach3975; 04-26-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post

The other part of it for me is just getting caught in a rut, finding it easier to stick with our usual activities and routines and forgetting to look beyond them. I'm such a creature of habit.
Yep. Me, right there.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also just realized I posted, like, the longest post subject ever.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

yea
Old 04-26-2016, 06:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think of things to do/places to go with the kids when I'm lying in bed but when I get up the next morning they never seem such good ideas! It would be so much easier and comfy to just stay home. However, when I push ahead and go anyway, we always have a great time.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:25 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I try to be more pushy when we have an idea brewing nowadays, but, a few years back, when we were still postgraduate students, money was a big issue that hindered us. So yeah, though I lived in UK for 10 years, we didn't get to see a whole lot of it and it makes me sad thinking about it
Old 04-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Sooooo me!
I have gotten better and try to live by the motto - tomorrow could be your last day so make the very most of every minute of every single day!

Old 04-26-2016, 11:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope. I'm mostly a doer ... though there are certainly some exceptions, lol.

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 04-27-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd say I'm the opposite, lol. Like last week when I decided I was going to paint the buffet in my dining room - it's done I HATE waiting once I've decided I want to do something...
Old 04-27-2016, 12:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post

A lot of it for me is not wanting to spend the time. When I finally have time for myself, I want to read or scrap, not plan outings or get ideas for redecorating, or whatever. I like the final results of spending that time, but not the actual time spent, if that makes sense. For example-we have a few rooms we want to redecorate. I don't get excited about looking for ideas or picking colors or shopping for furniture. I do it because I have to. I'll enjoy having the project finished and living in the nicer space, but none of that will happen unless I give up "my" time to research and plan first, and I don't want to.
Too bad I don't live closer... I love redecorating!! I can certainly understand where you're coming from, though.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a doer eventually but I am a big procrastinator.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I'd say I'm the opposite, lol. Like last week when I decided I was going to paint the buffet in my dining room - it's done I HATE waiting once I've decided I want to do something...
See, I'd like to be more like this. I've learned to try to be something I'm NOT is mostly fruitless, but that doesn't mean I can't work at improving a few things. KWIM?
Old 04-27-2016, 08:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope...I'm definitely a doer. My brother always makes comments on the things we do and the trips we take. I always tell him "I work to live not live to work."

Old 04-27-2016, 10:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd probably stay at home a heck of a lot more if it weren't for my husband. He's a major doer. I'm glad, cause then we have more fun!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I wanna be like that and often am, but I'm still "scared" a lot too. stuff like concerts, going out with friends and basically just being with people I'm comfortable with are the things I'm all fly by the seat of my pants with.

PS Tori is AWESOME in concert. we saw her in a small venue and I like her even better live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
See, I'd like to be more like this. I've learned to try to be something I'm NOT is mostly fruitless, but that doesn't mean I can't work at improving a few things. KWIM?
Definitely! Its good to get out of your comfort zone at times, even if it doesn't last. Lol
Old 04-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post

PS Tori is AWESOME in concert. we saw her in a small venue and I like her even better live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Squeeeee!

(I have a lot of anxiety too. I get it.)
Old 04-27-2016, 04:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So, I had to find out who this James Bay is. I found him in my Amazon Prime Music and listened to him while I was working. Loved it!

Old 04-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
Too bad I don't live closer... I love redecorating!! I can certainly understand where you're coming from, though.
Too bad you don't--I would so let you pick everything out, LOL!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
So, I had to find out who this James Bay is. I found him in my Amazon Prime Music and listened to him while I was working. Loved it!
I feel like I have done the universe a great service when I introduce someone to James Bay.

You're welcome for that.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband is a planner and a doer. Honestly, that man gets more done than anybody I've ever known. I benefit from that in some ways because he pushes us to plan and do fun things that I would otherwise just not do. On the other hand, we do do some stuff that I could happily skip (like lots of sporting events). I usually end up enjoying doing something rather than nothing, though.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sadly, yes...

Let me say though that I am a dreamer and I dream, plan and talk about things far more than I would ever have time in the day to do such things. LOL I mean, if I did everything I talked about I would never sleep, eat, shower, use the restroom or go to work.

When can be very spontaneous with some things but other things we just talk to death before we end up doing it. Buying a house? Spontaneous. Going on a weekend trip? Talk it over for a year before we make a move. LOL Sounds like it should be the other way around, eh?

Of course, now that we have our new house there won't be time or money for anything for a while. We are still carrying two mortgages and we have 10 acres to take care of (plus 21 new baby chickens).
Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Sadly, yes...

Let me say though that I am a dreamer and I dream, plan and talk about things far more than I would ever have time in the day to do such things. LOL I mean, if I did everything I talked about I would never sleep, eat, shower, use the restroom or go to work.
That's me too. My husband has finally, you know... after 18 years, figured out that just because I come up with an idea it doesn't mean I'm going to run out and do it. I just like to process things out loud. Like, if I say, "OOo! You know what I should do?!" it doesn't mean I'm going to actually do it. It just means that it would be cool, ha! I heard him talking to one of the boys about this.

Funny you mentioned your chickens... one time I told him, "Eden and I want to build a chicken house and get chicks." He got all annoyed. I was just saying that we WANT to do it, not that we're going to go out and buy chickens. Geesh!