Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Hung up on a house...

Someone tell me I'm being silly. We finally decided to go ahead and get our house up on the market so we can move (back story- we like our house fine but a sex offender moved in next door and has officially bought the house, so we want to move). Our house is going on the market very soon and our neighborhood is selling very well.

Ok, so I shouldn't look around yet I guess, but I find a house- former model- that has almost EVERYTHING I want (except its not on a greenbelt which would make it the dream house). It's right around the corner from the ILs, is LOTS of house for the $ with every possible upgrade, so we told our friend/realtor we want to see it. We're going tonight, but found out it JUST got a contingent contract on it. Of course, we could put a back up offer on it, but I'm REALLY disappointed, I should have acted sooner.

I know a house is just a house and it's silly to get so wrapped up in one before it's yours, but apparently I did. Someone kick my butt...

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally understand! We've been house-hunting for awhile, too, and I've gotten attached to a few houses, only to be outbid or find out that my DH isn't at all interested in them. I've had to detach myself emotionally from the process or it's just too hard. We just put an offer on a house this morning and I'm actually okay either way with it ... even though not getting it means we don't move until spring (we have to sign a new 6 month lease on our townhouse soon.)
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That would be disappointing Maybe this contract will fall through and you can put an offer in.

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 07-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A contingent offer in this economy... I'd still go look. It's very possible the buyer won't be able to sell their house.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
A contingent offer in this economy... I'd still go look. It's very possible the buyer won't be able to sell their house.
Yep, what she said...good luck! ♥

Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ditto the sale possibly falling through ... this happened to the house that we just put an offer on today. We'd actually put an offer on it about a month ago and got outbid, but that purchase agreement fell through and now we have a second chance at it. My DH is the one who got really emotionally attached to this one.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls... I just needed to vent and I know I can always do that here.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Sounds like me. We JUST decided we would like to move. Our house is okay for us now, but we would like to find our "forever" home so our kids can grow up in it. And plus, I want to so something renovations to our current home, but there's no reason to do that if we want to move someday in the near future. So we just started looking for a house.

Well....I found a house online. It's about 2 miles from here, which is perfect because we want to stay near my parents house. It is a HUGE house for the price they are asking. It was only built a few years ago and it was a model home, so it has all the best upgrades. I'm having dreams of a walk-in pantry, a kitchen island, a breakfast bar, a laundry room, a spare bedroom where I can set up my photography studio and take clients in my home, a MIL suite for when guests come (or when MIL needs to come live with us since her health is not too great), linen closets in the bathroom instead of in the hall.....I'm dreaming of all these things LOL. And we havent even viewed the house yet!

So yes, I understand where you are coming from. This house is a short sale....which takes a long time to know whether you even get to buy the house. So even if we love it and want to buy it, we wont know for months if it is ours or not. UGH!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That almost exactly the case with us too... My house is only 8 years old and nice, but the perv next door just worries me. We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope it all turns out.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Steph ... I won't kick you, just hug you ... You never know what could happen.