Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-09-2020, 02:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Current scrapping goals?

What are you working on? Have you set any goals for yourself?

I am determined to come out of this quarantine caught up on my scrapping or at least pretty close to it.

I've spent that last week putting layouts from October 2018-August 2019 into templates. Since the lockdown, I've scrapped mid October 2017-September 2018.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to scrap this Covid19 pandemic. I have all the photos separated, I started a google doc journal/timeline thing to keep track of important events/happenings so I don't forget.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am currently scrapping summer of 2016. Working on those still and wondering if I should take a break to work on some vacation albums as I have five of those in my backlog.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Caught up on your scrapping goals? Is that a thing :O
Good luck to you. I hope you can get caught up!! You got this.

Me? My goal I set in the beginning of the year was 30 layouts a month. I joined a Facebook Group which keeps us accountable : we post our monthly goal and then throughout the month, we post our layouts, ask for CC or help on layouts we might be stuck scrapping. While it's a paper group, they've really taken well to the digital scrappers in there and I greatly appreciate it!!
Old 05-09-2020, 04:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Wow! Caught up on your scrapping goals? Is that a thing :O
Good luck to you. I hope you can get caught up!! You got this.

Me? My goal I set in the beginning of the year was 30 layouts a month. I joined a Facebook Group which keeps us accountable : we post our monthly goal and then throughout the month, we post our layouts, ask for CC or help on layouts we might be stuck scrapping. While it's a paper group, they've really taken well to the digital scrappers in there and I greatly appreciate it!!
I should say my regular scrapping. LOL! I have some side projects, like an about me album that will never be done and I'd like to make each of the kids a "favorites" album. So they have their own photos when they are adults. So far on those, I'm up to when my daughter is about 1 year and a half. She's almost 15. LOL!
Old 05-09-2020, 05:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Wendy can you add me to the FB group I do much better when somebody else helps me keep track
well since I haven't scrapped in 5 years I have alot of catching up to do but for now I am going to work on a book for each of the kids of our summer vacations since we have been in VA since 2015. I also will throw in a few extra LO's here and there that I do depending on what I am in the mood for LOL!
my biggest problem is I am NOT a fast scrapper. i am WAY too critical and everything has to be just right or I don't feel like my LO is done. But I I going to start using more templates to help with the process.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wendy, I would also love to know the FB group you mentioned. I wanted to do better but the working from home really has ate into my mojo.

Right now I am working with ACDsee to organize a little better and get set to scrap more.

Right now I am setting a goal of 10 layouts a month.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
Wendy can you add me to the FB group I do much better when somebody else helps me keep track
well since I haven't scrapped in 5 years I have alot of catching up to do but for now I am going to work on a book for each of the kids of our summer vacations since we have been in VA since 2015. I also will throw in a few extra LO's here and there that I do depending on what I am in the mood for LOL!
my biggest problem is I am NOT a fast scrapper. i am WAY too critical and everything has to be just right or I don't feel like my LO is done. But I I going to start using more templates to help with the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Wendy, I would also love to know the FB group you mentioned. I wanted to do better but the working from home really has ate into my mojo.

Right now I am working with ACDsee to organize a little better and get set to scrap more.

I can't add you because we aren't friends on Facebook, but I can link you up to the group. It's called Scrapbooking the day away! The creator of the group AnnMarie doesn't put up with any garbage or negative posts-it's all positivity!

In the beginning of the month, she'll make a post and people make a post about what their goals are for the month. She'll make posts with scrapbooking challenges, ask how people are doing and try to get them engaging with one another. Last month she had a new challenge every single day, showing you step by step how to make the layout (think of it like a template, but for paper).

She and the group are pretty amazing. I really like the ladies in the group. There are some negative Nancy's about digital. I just put *these are digital layouts* in my posts to stop any of the negativity within my post. The group does virtual crops. As a whole, they are just an amazing encouragement to one another - it's my favorite non-SSD group on Facebook!!
Old 05-09-2020, 09:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You gotta let that go! I'm telling you, I know I'm not the scrapper so many people are! I just try not to compare my layouts and just remember that my friends and family have no idea and don't care how the rest of the community scraps.

Just getting my photos scrapped and layouts printed, that's the top of my list.

Quote:

Last edited by nesser1981; 05-09-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have so many but am feeling overwhelmed. I have the time right now but sit at my computer and basically just waste time. I want to finish my 2017 trip to Ireland album, that I have started twice because I can't figure out how I want it to look. I also need to do my YIR 2017, 2018, 2019.
I make mini albums of my challenges, still have to do March and April which I will probably combine as I did January and February.

I am facing some health issues and feeling panicked about being well enough to get this stuff done.

Basically I am just a mess right now. Starting an album to document my journey but will see how far I get on that.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I want to finish up my hybrid Project Life albums from 2012-2016; I have a few little details I need to finish up. But I can't work on it now because online school sucks up all of my emotional energy. I'll wait till school is over next week to pull it all out and finish it up.

I'm also slowly working on my digital PL album from 2019. I've finished Jan-April & Nov-Dec.

And....I am finishing up our 2018 time in America. I'm mostly down to Christmas pictures, and for some reason I HATE scrapping Christmas pics. I think it's because my kit choices are limited, and I hate to be limited.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't specifically have a lockdown goal--until now I've had less time for scrapping. But I think that will change over the next month as the school year winds down, both for me and my children. We'll probably choose to stay home a lot this summer even if stay at home orders are lifted. So I'm hopeful that I'll start getting more scrapping done now. My current project is my July to December 2018 album. I have 54 LOs done and 43 left to do for that album. I also scrapped a 32 page vacation album between February and April. My first goal is to finish the 2018 pages. I also want to start January to June 2019 and get another vacation album done. So I guess those are my plans between now and when work and school start back up. I won't finish them, but steady progress will make me happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I just try not to compare my layouts and just remember that my friends and family have no idea and don't care how the rest of the community scraps.

More and more, that's where I am, too. I've taken some of that perfectionist pressure off myself by posting fewer layouts; my family likes them all, but I spend WAY too long on LOs that I plan to post. But some of it is just my own need to keep tweaking more and more, well after I should have let it go and moved on. Maybe one day I'll get there!

Last edited by rach3975; 05-09-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have scrapped a LOT in the last 6-9 months (pre-COVID, anyways) so I have most things scrapped up to mid-2018. I don't scrap chronologically like you do, Vanessa, but I organize & print them that way.

Adjusting to working & schooling & parenting from home 24/7 during quarantine meant I had less time & energy for scrapping but I've gotten better about managing my time and kids. I also purchased a new laptop 2 weeks ago which has made scrapping MUCH easier & faster. I'm waiting on my sister's fiance to check out my EHD cord, and then I can get my supplies organized with Biancka's DigiScrapCatalog program and try out scrapping mix & match (which I haven't done since my ACDSee crashed 5+ years ago). I admire Kayleigh Wiles' work so very much, and she does so much color coordination mix & match work that I'd love to try to incorporate more into my regular scrapping.

I am currently wrapping up my Countdown to Christmas album from 2019 (about halfway through) and the rest of my photos of my grandfather who passed away last October + working on a quarantine album and on my PL for 2020. I think that we will be voluntarily sheltering in place for another month so I should be able to finish my C2C album and my grandfather's photos by then.

I think there will be a second wave and another mandatory SIP in the next 6-8 weeks but if there's not, I will pause my quarantine album once we're able to gather in large groups e.g. concerts, church, etc. and then end it a few months later with a few "new normal" layouts contrasting what life was like pre-quarantine, during quarantine, and post-quarantine.

I was planning on just incorporating the layouts about my grandfather into our regular chronological albums but maybe I will also pull them out into a special album. My son is only 6 and won't remember his great-grandfather (the greatest travesty of all) so it would be nice to have a stand-alone album about him that can be flipped through and talked about as my son gets older.

I have been doing this a really long time and it's starting to feel a little stale so my overall goal is just to inject some new energy & passion into my beloved old hobby.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got a new laptop in February and it's made all the difference in the amount of scrapping I've been doing.

And I hear ya about it becoming stale. It's hard, this is my 14th year and you feel like you're repeating so many things when it comes to the holiday and birthday layouts. I find those don't even excite me anymore, I just have to cross them off my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I have scrapped a LOT in the last 6-9 months (pre-COVID, anyways) so I have most things scrapped up to mid-2018. I don't scrap chronologically like you do, Vanessa, but I organize & print them that way.

Adjusting to working & schooling & parenting from home 24/7 during quarantine meant I had less time & energy for scrapping but I've gotten better about managing my time and kids. I also purchased a new laptop 2 weeks ago which has made scrapping MUCH easier & faster. I'm waiting on my sister's fiance to check out my EHD cord, and then I can get my supplies organized with Biancka's DigiScrapCatalog program and try out scrapping mix & match (which I haven't done since my ACDSee crashed 5+ years ago). I admire Kayleigh Wiles' work so very much, and she does so much color coordination mix & match work that I'd love to try to incorporate more into my regular scrapping.

I am currently wrapping up my Countdown to Christmas album from 2019 (about halfway through) and the rest of my photos of my grandfather who passed away last October + working on a quarantine album and on my PL for 2020. I think that we will be voluntarily sheltering in place for another month so I should be able to finish my C2C album and my grandfather's photos by then.

I think there will be a second wave and another mandatory SIP in the next 6-8 weeks but if there's not, I will pause my quarantine album once we're able to gather in large groups e.g. concerts, church, etc. and then end it a few months later with a few "new normal" layouts contrasting what life was like pre-quarantine, during quarantine, and post-quarantine.

I was planning on just incorporating the layouts about my grandfather into our regular chronological albums but maybe I will also pull them out into a special album. My son is only 6 and won't remember his great-grandfather (the greatest travesty of all) so it would be nice to have a stand-alone album about him that can be flipped through and talked about as my son gets older.

I have been doing this a really long time and it's starting to feel a little stale so my overall goal is just to inject some new energy & passion into my beloved old hobby.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't scrapped for … oh, probably 6 years! I have a ton of photos to get caught up on. My goal is just to get back into scrapping and try to get a few pages done a week.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We are our own worst critics. I can doubt my layout until kingdom come, and am baffled when someone thinks it's decent!!

I like templates and like how the template designer does all of the thinking/planning for us scrappers!!! Templates really help make the process go a lot faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post

I need to organize my photos. Right now, I'm backing everything up on my hard drive and then hopefully once that gets taken care of I'll be able to work on my photos - - -unless you want to do them for me Nah? I didn't think so! I couldn't even get my kids to do it! They complain I take too many photos!

Quote:
You gotta let that go! I'm telling you, I know I'm not the scrapper so many people are! I just try not to compare my layouts and just remember that my friends and family have no idea and don't care how the rest of the community scraps.

Amen!!!
Old 05-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I have so many but am feeling overwhelmed. I have the time right now but sit at my computer and basically just waste time. I want to finish my 2017 trip to Ireland album, that I have started twice because I can't figure out how I want it to look. I also need to do my YIR 2017, 2018, 2019.
I make mini albums of my challenges, still have to do March and April which I will probably combine as I did January and February.

I am facing some health issues and feeling panicked about being well enough to get this stuff done.

Basically I am just a mess right now. Starting an album to document my journey but will see how far I get on that.
Oh no, Jaye!! I hope you are okay! Is there anything we can do for you, other than keeping you in our prayers?

I can't wait to see your Ireland layouts! I know you'll figure it out and when it does, it'll all come together fairly quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I want to finish up my hybrid Project Life albums from 2012-2016; I have a few little details I need to finish up. But I can't work on it now because online school sucks up all of my emotional energy. I'll wait till school is over next week to pull it all out and finish it up.

I'm also slowly working on my digital PL album from 2019. I've finished Jan-April & Nov-Dec.

And....I am finishing up our 2018 time in America. I'm mostly down to Christmas pictures, and for some reason I HATE scrapping Christmas pics. I think it's because my kit choices are limited, and I hate to be limited.
Oh yay!!! School is almost over for you too!!!! I hope when that happens, things get a little bit easier for you and your emotional/mental health!

I also hear you on Christmas scrapping. I HATE scrapping holidays and birthdays!! I don't know what it is because I have the most photos, but it takes me FOREVER to scrap a layout. I hope you are able to scrap them quickly, just in time for December to roll around again bringing new layouts to scrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I don't specifically have a lockdown goal--until now I've had less time for scrapping. But I think that will change over the next month as the school year winds down, both for me and my children. We'll probably choose to stay home a lot this summer even if stay at home orders are lifted. So I'm hopeful that I'll start getting more scrapping done now. My current project is my July to December 2018 album. I have 54 LOs done and 43 left to do for that album. I also scrapped a 32 page vacation album between February and April. My first goal is to finish the 2018 pages. I also want to start January to June 2019 and get another vacation album done. So I guess those are my plans between now and when work and school start back up. I won't finish them, but steady progress will make me happy!
WOW!!! You've been a busy scrapping bee!!!! Look at you go!!

Like you, our family is probably going to be staying at home, just to keep my youngest safe since he is immunocompromised. As much as we want to go to Atlantic City to see the fireworks over the ocean, health and wellness have to come first and I'm thankful the older children understand and respect our decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

You have been scrapping A LOT before the virus hit!!! I have loved seeing all of your layouts!! Yay for a new laptop and speed of scrapping!!! That always helps with the scrapping!

I hope we don't have a second wave, but everything is pointing to one

I like that you are going to make a special album for your grandfather. My son was looking through his albums that I had just printed and asked who my grandmother was. It was really sad because he was really close to her--even sang Jesus Loves Me to her the day before she died. I like that you are making a special album for your son to have and to "know" who he is as he ages!
Old 05-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I got a new laptop in February and it's made all the difference in the amount of scrapping I've been doing.

And I hear ya about it becoming stale. It's hard, this is my 14th year and you feel like you're repeating so many things when it comes to the holiday and birthday layouts. I find those don't even excite me anymore, I just have to cross them off my list.
14 years?! Wowzers!!! That's impressive. I hope this year you can find something that excites you about scrapping them giving you renewed passion to continue on the tradition!!

Yay for a new laptop!!! Like I said to LeeAndra, that always makes the world of a difference!! I got a new computer last summer and LOVE the speed of my computer. No more waiting for actions or pages to load, etc. It's so nice to get new speed and power in a computer!
Old 05-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Only scrapping project I'll ever keep "currently caught up on" would be my PL albums. I'm usually only a week or 3 behind.

As for regular scrapping and other LO's of my children and so on, that's more of a "when the crafty vibe strikes" thing and is usually triggered by being on a CT or just good memories from my PL albums so I'll go back and scrap it as a stand alone page.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I still love to do vacations and things like that. It's just that a lot of it is repetitive.

I just printed my 50th book and have another one ready to print. getting a book printed is always exciting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
14 years?! Wowzers!!! That's impressive. I hope this year you can find something that excites you about scrapping them giving you renewed passion to continue on the tradition!!

Yay for a new laptop!!! Like I said to LeeAndra, that always makes the world of a difference!! I got a new computer last summer and LOVE the speed of my computer. No more waiting for actions or pages to load, etc. It's so nice to get new speed and power in a computer!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE getting books printed and I did a shutterfly book for my mom for this past christmas (took me forever because I had to download and upload from so many different family members social media pics and then upload them to shutterfly) but Abby commented that she wanted one like it so my goal is to do one for her this year for christmas and then a big one for her for graduation
Sam still has her books I did for her and I think she really loves to go back and look at the memories
and yes I am starting to realize that templates are definitely my friend and I am going to TRY to stop overthinking and being so critical of my pages and just get them done!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I only use templates anymore. I couldn't tell you the last time I created an original layout.

Quote:
I LOVE getting books printed and I did a shutterfly book for my mom for this past christmas (took me forever because I had to download and upload from so many different family members social media pics and then upload them to shutterfly) but Abby commented that she wanted one like it so my goal is to do one for her this year for christmas and then a big one for her for graduation
Sam still has her books I did for her and I think she really loves to go back and look at the memories
and yes I am starting to realize that templates are definitely my friend and I am going to TRY to stop overthinking and being so critical of my pages and just get them done!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
I haven't scrapped for … oh, probably 6 years! I have a ton of photos to get caught up on. My goal is just to get back into scrapping and try to get a few pages done a week.
Yay!!!! You are back to scrapping, that's very exciting!!

Quote:
I still love to do vacations and things like that. It's just that a lot of it is repetitive.

I just printed my 50th book and have another one ready to print. getting a book printed is always exciting too.
Wow!!!! You are superwoman!!!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

vanessa you inspire me SO much with your scrapping and books.. one day i hope to have at least one book like you have!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't set scrapping goals because, for me, that sucks the fun out of it. I'm busier at work during the quarantine than I was before, so scrapping isn't even on my radar right now, but I have done some scrap shopping, which I haven't done in months and months
Old 05-10-2020, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
vanessa you inspire me SO much with your scrapping and books.. one day i hope to have at least one book like you have!

You're gonna get there! I have faith and I can't wait to see yours when you do.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm hoping to finish my Disney 2018 album. I was doing really well during the first part of quarantine, but then realized that my son needed more supervision and intervention with his online school. After fighting with him all day to get his work done, and trying to do my work from home, I am mentally exhausted by the end of the day and don't want to look at the computer anymore. Only a few more days of school though. Hallelujah! I think I'll have more time to spend on scrapping then. Then I'm just hoping to keep plugging away. I'm hopelessly behind on everything.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our new laptop is supposed to be here tomorrow! It was going to be for the girls, but my laptop is starting to act up...so I may do a switch and move to the new one. Just have to figure all that out!

My current goal, is scrapping my oldest's school albums. I had hoped to have them finished/printed for her Graduation Open House/Grad party. That was scheduled for the middle of June. But it looks like we need to push that back just a little bit, so I have a little extra time!

I already printed her Elementary album, and I just sent away for her Middle Years album. So I just have to finish her High School layouts, and after whatever Senior events she has....I'll scrap those and print them all! I'm thankful I've gotten so much done!

(and I've cheated just a little. Next year I have another Senior, so I've saved a few layouts as working layouts...and will just switch out the photos for my next Senior!)
Old 05-11-2020, 03:09 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I've spent the last two weeks scanning negatives and trying to tidy up the mess of photos on my computer so now I have more to scrap than ever before. I can't set a goal to catch up because I know I never will but I do want to get some layouts into photo books. I would love to finish the passport every month and then I'd feel like I was achieving something but I am now going off to find that Facebook group! Would anyone here be interested in joining a group to keep each other motivated if I was to start one?

Old 05-11-2020, 04:41 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My goals are pretty simple and straight forward - catch up on years worth of pictures and redo all those old layouts (from paper to digi), keep up on printing them the best I can instead of letting them sit on my hard drive, and get back to taking pictures for new layouts. I took a break from scrapping for a while, and then I got diagnosed with arthritis and fibromyalgia. As a result of the pain I'm not able to go out and do as much stuff as I used to, which meant I stopped taking as many pictures. So from 2014-2019 I don't have near the amount of stuff that I wish I did to scrap...so I'm going to try to change that.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is it weird to not have any scrapping goals at all ?? I don't think I ever had any scrapping goals....I scrap because I enjoy it and for me, I feel, that if I set myself goals and I don't make them...that would mess up my mojo so I just scrap my favorite photos as I go along
Old 05-11-2020, 10:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
Is it weird to not have any scrapping goals at all ?? I don't think I ever had any scrapping goals....I scrap because I enjoy it and for me, I feel, that if I set myself goals and I don't make them...that would mess up my mojo so I just scrap my favorite photos as I go along
I don't think so. I don't think there is a one size fits all approach to scrapbooking either.

What works for me, isn't going to work for everyone.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm making week goals (and adjusting them frequently with whatever else happens to creep up) but in general - I'm hoping to get through Sept 2019 for our family album (I'm currently working on the begging of July 2019).

We are getting ready to move in a couple of months too, so the packing and getting the house ready to sell, and figuring out all logistics of finding somewhere to live with all the things going on is taking some time, along with school for the kids, and finishing up some volunteer work/paperwork type stuff I need to get done before I hand it off to the next person. But we will likely be home mostly through the end of June so it will give some time to work.

I also have taken apart and scanned all my paper scrapbooks - the goal is to get those layouts organized and once we move be able to print photobooks that will get looked at. I also have old pictures that Im trying to incorporate into layouts, and have a year that I need to go back and rescrap because we didn't for some reason get that year done on paper or digitally (I think it was done digitally and then I had a hard drive crash before I backed up in multiple places). The organizing of all of that is taking some time and brain work - incorporating my husband and I's pictures, and we went to high school together - and decided to deconstruct our yearbooks to put with those albums (just signatures, events that had to do with us etc. it was a tough decision but I don't want to just carry boxes around with us and have things never looked out so just jumped in)
And then I'm working on long term projects for each kid (a book for each place we've lived with highlights) but pretty sure that will stay on the back burner.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will NEVER be caught up.... LOL My Annual goal is always to keep up with the current year so I can try to fill in the blanks on things I am behind on as I have time. I have never been able to completely follow through, however the past two years I have done a pretty good job, and got close to completing this goal (which makes it easier in the new year to go back and fill in the blanks).

With that said, this year I am pretty stuck.... my only goal at the moment is to get organized. If I at least match my photos with the kits I purchased for them, and keep my notebook up to date with any 'major' journaling I want to include on pages so I can add it to pages later, that's good enough for me for now. That way, when I FINALLY get the urge to scrap I can easily pick something and get right to it.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clucaswvu04 View Post

I also have taken apart and scanned all my paper scrapbooks - the goal is to get those layouts organized and once we move be able to print photobooks that will get looked at. I
OMG...I NEVER thought of this but I totally need to do this!!!!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OMG...I NEVER thought of this but I totally need to do this!!!!
It has been something we've talked about every time we've moved - but now with so many plans cancelled it seemed the best time to just get it done. The thing still motivating me is that my husband keeps talking about being excited to see the finished books
Old 05-11-2020, 03:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Things are settling into a nice routine at home. I scrap more during the day and then spend a lot of evenings hanging out with family. I have just started scanning old photos as I come across them and am excited to scrap about them. It'll be like my regular scrapping organization style where I scrap randomly, I never scrap chronologically. It's been fun to randomly pick out photos and think about how I want to scrap them. I have photos from when the kids were little, when I was much younger, photos of my mom with the family and with her friends which I will enjoy scrapping with b/c her and her friends are all gone now so it'll bring up lots of old memories. I also have photos of my relatives in b/w and sepia that will be fun to scan and use. So much to do, so many ideas....I feel like my head might explode....but in a good way
Old 05-12-2020, 11:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 6 years worth of photos to scrap. I'm thinking of doing a one page for each month layout to get caught up and then single pages to highlight major events.

This month I want to do 6 pages.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMelissa View Post
I have 6 years worth of photos to scrap. I'm thinking of doing a one page for each month layout to get caught up and then single pages to highlight major events.

This month I want to do 6 pages.
That's a great plan.

This is similar to what I'm planning for my kids personal albums that I'd like to gift them when they graduate high school. Minus the highlight major events. My plan is just one page a month of my favorite photos of them, in a Project Life format.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goal is to just scrap SOMETHING. We've been out of the school (work) buildings for 8 weeks now and I haven't been able to scrap a single layout. I can't focus. I can't concentrate on anything I want to say. It is so unlike me.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Right now I'm working on 2018 and getting those pictures scrapped. I have scrapped all over the place and have some layouts done for years 2012-2020! I really want to have a yearbook, so I'm now focusing on 2018.

Last night I was looking through February and March and writing down what pictures I had with saying how many pictures of that series of photos I had taken. That way I can start looking for templates with those photo spots and and fill them in. I'm focusing on getting the pictures in templates first and then I'll start scrapping. That is the way I'm going to tackle this I believe.

Quote:
Whoa...that is amazing! The only books I've printed are two Disneyland trips, my sons baby book and my daughters baby book. I haven't printed a yearbook yet.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just did this, put a ton of photos in templates. It makes it so nice, because then when I sit down, I'm ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
Right now I'm working on 2018 and getting those pictures scrapped. I have scrapped all over the place and have some layouts done for years 2012-2020! I really want to have a yearbook, so I'm now focusing on 2018.

Last night I was looking through February and March and writing down what pictures I had with saying how many pictures of that series of photos I had taken. That way I can start looking for templates with those photo spots and and fill them in. I'm focusing on getting the pictures in templates first and then I'll start scrapping. That is the way I'm going to tackle this I believe.

Whoa...that is amazing! The only books I've printed are two Disneyland trips, my sons baby book and my daughters baby book. I haven't printed a yearbook yet.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I'm so sorry to hear you arn't feeling well Jaye! Big hugs to you and prayers!

Old 05-12-2020, 02:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I just did this, put a ton of photos in templates. It makes it so nice, because then when I sit down, I'm ready to go.
Yes! I wasn't doing this to begin with and notice it slowed down my process a lot! So I'm looking forward to getting through all the pics so then I can just scrap! Oh, I'm also doing the journaling when I have the pics in the templates so that I don't have to do that once I get to scrapping. I'm excited to get this project done!

Old 05-12-2020, 02:07 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have all the photos separated, I started a google doc journal/timeline thing to keep track of important events/happenings so I don't forget.
Have you checked out Persnickety Prints' Covid-19 timelines? They've helped me keep track of global important info and they also have blank versions, if you want to journal your own way.

Right now I'm just scrapping photos or kits that "call" to me lol. No set project or goal except to enjoy my time scrapping. I've scrapped a bit of our self-quarantine but, like you, I'm still not sure exactly what direction I want to go.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
Have you checked out Persnickety Prints' Covid-19 timelines? They've helped me keep track of global important info and they also have blank versions, if you want to journal your own way.

Right now I'm just scrapping photos or kits that "call" to me lol. No set project or goal except to enjoy my time scrapping. I've scrapped a bit of our self-quarantine but, like you, I'm still not sure exactly what direction I want to go.
I haven't, but I'll check that out. Thank you!
Old 05-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My current goal is to capture photos from every step/event up to Skyler's wedding next year (June) and create an album documenting our/her journey to the big day. So far we have done a bridal fair and then covid shut us down.In two weeks her, I, future MIL and one girl (Josie her maid of Honor) get to go to a bridal shop to start trying on gowns. She would have loved to have her whole party a part of this but most bridal shops are only allowing 2-3 in for consultations at a time. It's exciting to know she may have dress soon!
Old 05-12-2020, 05:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This made me laugh because that's totally me! It's been many, many years since I have scrapped. I bought a few things recently to help motivate me... I feel like I'm working up to it. So my main goal is to just try again.

My kids LOVE looking at books I made in the past and every time it inspires me to make more... and then I don't. But I'm hoping to just jump in and make a layout or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
Old 05-12-2020, 07:44 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My 2019 album is done. I'm mostly up to date with 2020. Now I'm going back and scrapbooking from 2014-2018!

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 05-12-2020, 08:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My goal is using the kits I have purchased and never used -- please tell me that someone else has purchased kits and never used them?????

I am trying to tag and organize my stash and I realize there is so many kits that I have never used.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm wrapping up November 2018 now.

Since March 14th I've Scrapped mid October 2017-November 2018! And the beginning of 2020, I was still only like summer 2017. Feels so good! Especially if I can at least get through the photos I put in templates before the stay home order is lifted here in Michigan. That's May 28th.

So, I need to scrap December 2018-August 2019 basically before June 1st. That's my new goal! LOL!