Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-04-2015, 12:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD - Status Update - 10.04.15

Here's your chance to get us Sweet Shoppers up to date on your life: a non-Facebook status update.

Any big news you want to announce?Any major life changes coming down the pike? Recent special accomplishments for you & yours? Anything really upset you or got you down lately that you want to get off your chest? Anything really exciting that you can't wait for it to happen? Any new hobbies or clubs? Any old hobbies or clubs? Maybe it's just the same ol', same ol', and we want to know that, too!

We're a pretty big group, and it can be hard to keep track of what's going on with everyone's lives. Share with us so we can get to know you better!

P.S. And if you are a big fan of Facebook like me & want some new scrappy friends, link us up with your Facebook page so we can befriend you & read your actual status updates on a regular basis.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only big change or major event for us is that i'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and due in March! We're very excited about it.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husband is making dinner. That's news people! I think we can all rest better knowing no-one has to eat my cooking today.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
The only big change or major event for us is that i'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and due in March! We're very excited about it.
Woohoo! Go Britanee!! Congratulations!!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
My husband is making dinner. That's news people! I think we can all rest better knowing no-one has to eat my cooking today.

haha! That's always big news at my house too! I love it when my husband makes dinner. It's always so nice.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 3 more weeks of university classes and 6 more weeks til my final exam which means I'll be finished my degree

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020X using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started to learn German last week and I'm both excited and nervous because I find it very difficult. The funny thing is that my group is mostly kids (15-17yo) and I'm 31 but they don't it know yet lol
Britanee, congrats honey. That's great news Wish I could get pregnant too.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 10-04-2015, 03:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm pregnant too 12 weeks now and due in April.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Britanee and Gemma!

Old 10-04-2015, 04:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Gemma!!

It comes in threes. Who's next?!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are moving out of our first home where both children are born and into the house of my husband's deceased grandparents. It's had a total renovation and we have to stop by my parents for a week or 4 until the house is finished. It's going to be a long month! Driving the last of our stuff as I type (I'm just a passenger). While our new house is going to be a fanastic place to raise the kids I think we will miss our crappy apartment where we brought both newborns home. Or perhaps it is just I who will be sentimental about it, my husband doesn't really do sentimental.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post

Congrats Gemma!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
We are moving out of our first home where both children are born and into the house of my husband's deceased grandparents. It's had a total renovation and we have to stop by my parents for a week or 4 until the house is finished. It's going to be a long month! Driving the last of our stuff as I type (I'm just a passenger). While our new house is going to be a fanastic place to raise the kids I think we will miss our crappy apartment where we brought both newborns home. Or perhaps it is just I who will be sentimental about it, my husband doesn't really do sentimental.

That's exciting about the house but the month before can be trying. Good luck with the transition!

Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
How exciting Gemma! Congrats!!
Old 10-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well for me last weeks is nothing but trouble so no happy status update
it all begon with my own health turnend really bad , Then the fire last friday and just a hour or 1 ago my boyfriend whas coming home from a weekend visete to his mom , telling me his mom had bad news she found blood in her i dont now how to say it nice in english but in her poop docters are thinking she mabey has darm cancer so for now untill the test results are in things are really scared her

so well i think things only can going better from here
Old 10-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmm... let's see! Feeling pretty down cause I literally got Boutique 2 hours of sleep last night. Not even together. excited cause I signed up to sell Perfectly Posh and love love love it and the company. Scared that I have a vendor event to do this month. I'm so introverted but want to be successful so giving it a go. Eep! Also it's crazy cold!!
Old 10-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Congrats Gemma!!

This made me LOL! Hopefully not me but not going to lie...getting a little nervous cause my cycle is late. But I'm crazy stressed and stuff so I think that's all it is. *knock on wood*

Congrats to you mama's to be!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We bought a new house, moved in, and I am still unpacking almost six weeks later. I had my sisters kids every other two days while my mom worked because, she is on drugs. For nine weeks I have bought her kids food and diapers. Plus watched them with no payment. Instead of my mom not letting her be with the kids without supervision. She was letting my sister get them because, she's tired. I told her that if that was the case I would no longer keep them. I wasn't enabling my sister nor, was I allowing her kids to expose my children to her drug. It being on them then they come over here with it on their clothes. It's just a mess! So I deleted every single member of my family off my facebook page. Now my mother won't talk to me. My sister will never get help if everyone keeps doing everything for her. That's her problem instead of facing her problems. She has let everyone give and give to her until they are all gave out!

My page is here but, I do play games. I don't try to send out request but, it sometimes does it by itself. https://www.facebook.com/cindy.turner.501
Old 10-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I'm 23 weeks with a little boy, but that's old news. I could be the third though. Congrats, ladies!

Harvest is our big thing around here right now! We have all the equipment out of the barns and ready to get to work, but it's been raining and is too wet. I am ready to get it going and get off the tractor before I get too big and uncomfortable, so hopefully soon!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
Well, I'm 23 weeks with a little boy, but that's old news. I could be the third though. Congrats, ladies!
I am so thrilled for you!! Congratulations!!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
Well for me last weeks is nothing but trouble so no happy status update
it all begon with my own health turnend really bad , Then the fire last friday and just a hour or 1 ago my boyfriend whas coming home from a weekend visete to his mom , telling me his mom had bad news she found blood in her i dont now how to say it nice in english but in her poop docters are thinking she mabey has darm cancer so for now untill the test results are in things are really scared her

so well i think things only can going better from here
So sorry to see this Melanie! I hope she does well and the doctors are able to find out what is wrong! I work for an Internal Medicine doctor and know how scary it can be to find out things like this! (((Hugs))) I hope it is nothing major and blood in the stool doesn't always mean cancer! She could have a bleed somewhere, so lets hope the doctors find the problem and get her on the road to an awesome recovery!

Sorry you've had such a rough couple of weeks and I hope your health gets better soon!

Congrats Gemma & Britanee!

Old 10-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Nothing really new, new with me ... I recently took on another position at work and am loving it (except for the crazy doctors wife, whom it the office manager and makes everything chaos). I got a raise in pay so that's not bad and I will get another raise at the end of November. I'm really struggling with what I want to do with my life right now. I know I need to go back to school and finish a degree but just do not know what I want to do!

Also, I am really struggling with realizing that I will be 30 in 2 YEARS! Where did the time go and where did my life go! I have set a new motto to do what I want and be crazy because I really won't get out of this life alive and I want memories whether they be crazy, mistakes or whatever!

So yeah!

Old 10-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That's exciting about the house but the month before can be trying. Good luck with the transition!

Thank you! At least I can save up some cash living with my parents. I'll look at the good sides and ignore the bad side.

And oh my gosh, so many congratulations to everyone who is expecting! Yay for babies!
Old 10-04-2015, 06:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Britanee, Gemma, & Marla!

WTG Jennifer!

Here's my FB in case we're not already friends:
https://www.facebook.com/leeandra37
Old 10-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never status update on Facebook so this is perfect! Nothing big at our house. Our soccer season finally started this past Saturday. I am coaching. I have finally been snookered into volunteering for soccer like the rest of my family. And my step-daughter might be moving up to our area. I have mixed feelings about this. Work is killing me but that is not news.

Congrats to Britanee, Gemma and Marla!
Old 10-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This has been so fun to read - and I want to comment on everyone's stuff but I'm afraid I'd get it all mixed up in my head and make the wrong people pregnant or something. So I'll just say, congrats to all with happy news, and big hugs to those in not so happy times.

I am the most boring person. I have nothing interesting going on in life - we're just running all over the place, all the time.

And, I'm too chicken to ever friend request people on FB but I have no problem accepting them (I'm such a weirdo). So here's my FB if anyone desires to be in on the random.
https://www.facebook.com/sara.espy

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 10-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lots of big things going on in people's lives. Congrats to those of you expecting, graduating, or moving. I hope everyone dealing with health or family issues has things turn around soon.

Nothing major happening here. We made it through another Sept. (It's the last month of the fiscal year for DH and the first month of school for me, so we're both crazy busy at work and putting in a lot of extra hours). All 3 kids are at the same schools as last year and doing fine.

We're not in a good rhythm with work and family life...DH and I both feel busy all the time, and important things keep getting pushed aside for things that are more immediate. Not sure yet how we'll fix that, but I think figuring it out is going to be a big thing for us over the next few months (or years, though I hope not).
Old 10-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My SO and I are waiting on news from the house we are trying to rent. So that's exciting... and a little nerve wracking lol it'll be my first move living with an SO. Scary stuff lol

Congrats to those with happy news, and hugs to those who are feeling down!

Here is my FB: https://www.facebook.com/holly.trimmer
Old 10-05-2015, 12:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yay for all the good news, and I hope things turn around for the not so good news.

Not much worth talking about for me... my kids go back to school tomorrow after two weeks holidays. That's about it.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DH is taking my son to Disneyland for 5 days. I'm going to have 5 days alone all by myself!
Old 10-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations ladies!!

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the preggies! I hope you're all feeling healthy!

Well, over here in Malaysia we're having haze problem for the past 3 weeks. It's at a dangerous level at my place (Cyberjaya). Not good.

On another note (but still bad news), I've been fighting with constant cystic acne. I notice it's gotten worse since I stopped taking a certain med that I had to take for the past 5 years. It's an antidepressant under the SSRI category, which affect the brain's neuron (or so the pharma claimed). Another withdrawal effect I'm experiencing is brain zaps (electrics shock-like feels) at random times. I think it's like a very mild & short seizure, lasts for 1-2 seconds. I read that these withdrawal effects will last for a few months & I hope I won't die from them (especially the brain zaps)
Old 10-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ooh that sounds great!! Have a great time to yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
My DH is taking my son to Disneyland for 5 days. I'm going to have 5 days alone all by myself!
Old 10-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lets see big things....
Well first off, no pregnancy announcements here. lol!
Art is going to be a whole one year old next month and I think he'll be walking soon. He has the general idea and motion down, but gives up and gets frustrated because it's so slow.
I am knitting a lot more, but mostly because I have a hard time telling people no. Right now I'm trying to hurry and finish two bonnets for giveaways for my local babywearing chapter and a desperately needed sweater for Art.

This was the last sweater picture, I've gotten part of one of the sleeves done since then.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Congrats Gemma!!

^^^^It can be anyone else as long as it's not me LOL

Congrats Britanee and Gemma!!!!!!

No BIG news here but I really wish there would be some soon.... we are definitely way overdue for something good to happen.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's nice to see how everyone is doing!!! So excited for all the ladies having babies! There is nothing sweeter!

Jennifer - congrats on almost being done with your degree. You are one hard working lady!!!

Christine - When we moved from West Palm Beach (the house we brought both our kids home to) to Tampa we stayed with my parents for a month. We had a newborn (less than 1 month old) and a three year old. I have to say that it was a little strange at first, but it was so nice to have time together with parents. So just enjoy what you can out of it and the time will hopefully go by quickly!

Sara - You crack me up girl!
Trish - Can't believe Art will be 1 soon. That sweater is super cute! You have some mad skills.
Zakirah - I hope you are feeling better soon, I'm sure the brain zaps are scary. Hope there are other things going on that will distract you while you wean off the medications.
Mel - I hope healthy days and good news is ahead for both you and your mom.
Kristi- I've never been alone for 5 days without a child or a husband in over 18 years. Enjoy every freakin' minute!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone else!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If anyone wants to befriend me on FB I'm always open to scrappy friends!!! I do play games but try not to invite anyone else to play or deliberately post on my wall about them. https://www.facebook.com/juli.fish.3

My word has been crazy lately and I definitely can't post about it on FB. My step-dad (who to me is like my real dad) has been diagnosed with Melanoma. He was perfectly healthy and happy in mid-August. Then he started to have night sweats, and then back pain and just didn't feel right. He's declined rapidly in the last 4 weeks. He's been in the hospital 3-4 times and has lost 30 pounds. We just got the definitive diagnosis yesterday. Now we have to wait 7--10 days for a test to come back that will stage the cancer and determine the course of treatment. He's in the hospital right now and my mom has been there with him since Friday. It's been a long September with all of this, plus work is insane -working late 2-3 nights a week with no end in site.

Can't talk about the cancer publicly because my step-dad wants to keep it quiet.

So right now I'm hanging in there and trying to just focus on the good things in my life and help my mom the best I can. I could use some prayers for my step-dad- Ken.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Juli, I'm sorry to hear about your step-Dad. That's gotta be so hard.

Zakirah, you just never seem to catch a break. Maybe a trip to New Zealand will help you relax start fresh. My home is always open Prayers and lots of love that the Doctors sort everything out for you.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Congrats to all the new mommas and I'm so sorry to those of you who have difficult things going on, big hugs to all of you!

I got married in September, 3 weeks ago! We went back home to the Netherlands to get married and our wedding day was absolutely beautiful!

Now we're back in Australia and enjoying the early spring/summer weather!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9070 met Tapatalk

Old 10-05-2015, 03:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willemijne DSI View Post
Congrats to all the new mommas and I'm so sorry to those of you who have difficult things going on, big hugs to all of you!

I got married in September, 3 weeks ago! We went back home to the Netherlands to get married and our wedding day was absolutely beautiful!

Now we're back in Australia and enjoying the early spring/summer weather!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9070 met Tapatalk
Aww, CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!! I do hope you'll share some photos with us!
Old 10-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Come on ladies and send over the baby vibes, I really wish those worked for me. lol.

My biggest news is I am getting through my photography courses. I'm working towards my Bachelors in Photography (so I can better run my own business when I am ready) and it is kicking my butt!

Congrats to the pregnant mamas.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love this thread. We have the best supportive community around. Hugs to everyone
Old 10-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Aww, CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!! I do hope you'll share some photos with us!
Thank you! And here you go

Old 10-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Willemijne! It looks like it was a lovely day. You look beautiful!
Old 10-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love all the happy news and the I am so sorry for the rough times others are having. My biggest thing is my boyfriend is living with us. We haven't made it official as we aren't sure we are ready, but he doesn't have another house to go to. lol Seems silly, but I have been single for a long time so it's a big step, but my son is loving having him here.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Woot! Woot! Congratulations to all the preggies and the wedding and for all the good things going on for everyone! :

I feel you all who feel a bit down. I hope you all get through the trials.

Well, my uncle passed away on Saturday, I've been going to the wake and back to our house for 42km (x2) everyday after my DD's school; my nephew was admitted to the hospital on Monday, and I'm traveling there right after I get my daughter to school everyday; it's 2nd quarterly exam of my daughter this week so I'm making her a mock exam. And I hate driving...

Last edited by cherrygutz; 10-07-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jacinda, that's very kind of you! I'd love to go to NZ someday.. My elder brother studied at Massey University a long time ago, I love looking at his photos there

Quote:
Zakirah, you just never seem to catch a break. Maybe a trip to New Zealand will help you relax start fresh. My home is always open Prayers and lots of love that the Doctors sort everything out for you.