Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-27-2022, 05:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Shutterfly Free Pages

I didn't see it until this morning, but Shutterfly is having another free pages sale. It's set to expire tonight, but they will probably extend it at least an extra day. From the email, it looks like this one includes the layflat pages!

Code is MOREPAGES for the free pages. There's also a free shipping coupon on the site, I think for free shipping on orders over $79.

I'm on my second to last page of my current album (January to June 2020), so the timing is perfect for me! I'm hoping to submit my order tonight.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Perfect timing to have an album ready at sale time! I print with blurb & wasn't ready for the Feb sale. Hoping there will be one in March!
Old 02-27-2022, 09:26 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'm so excited for the sale, but I'm nowhere near ready to print. I need to start uploading pages for another album so I can easily finish it before the next sale!
Old 02-27-2022, 11:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Darn it - I'm never ready for these!! I need to work on 2 yearbooks - I do an album of just photos from each year, I call it our yearbook - so that the pictures don' t just live on our phones. I keep telling myself I'll do it monthly, but I forget and now I'm 2 years behind - gah!

Old 02-27-2022, 11:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I printed with their last sale, and I have nothing even close to being ready to print. Now I have FOMO, lol.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:30 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Extended until Wednesday if you are close to having a book ready.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:47 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I didn't order last time, so I ordered the book I had ready this weekend. Yahoo! I'm so glad to see that they are still going to have the layflat pages in their unlimited pages sales. Phew!
Old 02-28-2022, 09:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For those of you that have printed the layflat pages - is the max page allowance the same for a book? Roughly how much thicker is a book with the max amount of pages?
Old 02-28-2022, 10:19 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
For those of you that have printed the layflat pages - is the max page allowance the same for a book? Roughly how much thicker is a book with the max amount of pages?
Shutterfly offers two types of layflat pages. The standard layflat pages don't make the book noticeably thicker. all they do is add a crease in the gutter of the book so they "lay flat". The premium layflat pages use a MUCH thicker cardstock paper that is amazing, but those book are about triple the thickness of a standard photobook. I did a couple that way and scream premium, but I just couldn't stand how heavy and thick they are.

Here's a picture of my shelf. The ones with the yellow arrows are the premium thick layflat pages and the pink arrows are the standard layflat pages. Notice how the standard book stick out just a bit more (depth) than the other books? That's the only size difference.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i am so not organized enough to print books... i need loose pages. i keep wishing they'd run a sale on their 8x8 prints. wahhh :P

for those of you printing books...are they in order? for the year? a certain theme?

Old 02-28-2022, 02:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm excited to get 2015 printed! I usually need to add a smaller book, like one of my Christmas albums, to get to free S&H which then, in essence, makes that book free.

I upload my albums once they're finished to the Shutterfly site but I need to make covers before I send them off to be printed.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post
i am so not organized enough to print books... i need loose pages. i keep wishing they'd run a sale on their 8x8 prints. wahhh :P

for those of you printing books...are they in order? for the year? a certain theme?
I don't scrap chronologically but I do print chronologically. I usually have 2 volumes per year (but sometimes 3) + my Christmas album. If we go on vacation, that also gets a separate album. I do have an ongoing COVID album but those pages are also included in 2020, 2021, and 2022 as we hit various milestones.

I keep track of what I want to scrap by pulling copies of photos into separate folders in a main "To Be Scrapped" folder. There is a complementary "To Be Used" folder with subfolders of all the kits I need to use. If there's a match, they go together into a "Kits + Photos" folder organized by year. Once the page is done, I delete the photo folder and decide whether to delete the kit or save it for my stash.

I'm printing 2015 this time around but I have up through 2018 (possibly 2019?) done & uploaded to Shutterfly.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 02-28-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

wow, leeandra! go you!

Old 02-28-2022, 03:21 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

For me I print 12x12 prints from Persnickety Prints and put them into CM albums chronologically by theme. But I have made books as gifts for 2 cousins of my scrapbook layouts. They are the same layouts just in Shutterfly books. They are layouts of all the old photos that have been scanned and any more recent photos I have as well as photos I "borrow" from FB (which they are fine with).

The 1st cousin's book started with their wedding in 1976 through a daughter's wedding and her 2 children ending in 2016. I'm working on volume 2 now and am up to summer 2021. They share a lot of photos so these last few years have lots of layouts. Close to having enough layouts for it.

The 2nd cousin's first book starts with her wedding in 1976 and goes through 2019. They don't share as many photos so I was able to get close to current with her. Her 2nd book is for all the layouts for a specific event they held at their home for 30 years. I attended quite a few in the late 80's/early 90's so had those photos. I also attended #30 several years ago for the final celebration. That book was not a full 110 pages but needed more layouts than a regular book.

I did these books in 2020 and was to give them to each of them in July of 2021 when the family got together. #1 cousin lives in FL and #2 cousin (brother/sister) lives in Ohio. First time we and some other relatives were all together in 25 years.

Both cousins loved their books especially since neither of them are into scrapbooking!
Old 02-28-2022, 03:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Both cousins loved their books especially since neither of them are into scrapbooking!
so cool! i bet they appreciate it

Old 02-28-2022, 04:10 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I'm like LeeAndra, I print chronologically, but I don't scrap chronologically. I just keep a running list (excel spreadsheet) of what topics/photos I want to scrap and when I get 100-111 finished pages, I print a book. The 111 number is because that's Shutterfly's page limit. I try to fill the book as much as possible because of their free unlimited pages sale.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_ View Post
I'm like LeeAndra, I print chronologically, but I don't scrap chronologically. I just keep a running list (excel spreadsheet) of what topics/photos I want to scrap and when I get 100-111 finished pages, I print a book. The 111 number is because that's Shutterfly's page limit. I try to fill the book as much as possible because of their free unlimited pages sale.
I'm pretty similar. I try to hold out until I think I have a LOT done from a particular year. So my kids have books from when they were pretty little but not much printed that's recent. I still print 12x12 pages through persnickety and stick them in sleeves for myself.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i'm jealous of how organized some of you ladies are lol

makes me want to go organize my books...almost..

Old 02-28-2022, 08:45 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm another one that uses an excel spreadsheet to track my layouts for Shutterfly books. Also, helps me determine how many CM coversets are needed as well since I only put about 60 layouts (30 sleeves) in one of them.

For my cousin that I'm working on book 2, I color code the Shutterfly layouts since my basic excel page layout is for the CM albums. Helps me when I'm doing the Shutterfly book since I list the layouts in order. And, if the layout name is in italics, it needs printed at Persnickity Prints.

But then I'm a spreadsheet nerd and have multiple spreadsheets I use with my scrapping
Old 02-28-2022, 09:04 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I got my husband's 60th birthday book printed with the unlimited pages AND if you sign up to get text messages, you can stack the 20% off coupon you will get!

I got a 233.50 book for 71.98.

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

good deal, susie!

Old 02-28-2022, 10:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

This is me. I buy print credits at Persnickety for 8x8 (75c each when they have DSD or iNSD sales). My albums are just sorted by year - and not chronological inside the book, just all thrown in there. Funny that I'm ok with this because I'm pretty OCD about other stuff, but this works for me lol I don't scrap chronological, and I'm never really 'done' a year.

Old 03-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to order since I have an album ready but I'm just about ready to jump ship from Shutterfly. I feel like their printing just hasn't been good lately -- very contrasty, over-saturated and dark. I'm printing this one with their annoying auto "enhancement" turned off and we'll see how it turns out. I might be searching the forum for those "what photo book service do you use" threads.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I'm going to order since I have an album ready but I'm just about ready to jump ship from Shutterfly. I feel like their printing just hasn't been good lately -- very contrasty, over-saturated and dark. I'm printing this one with their annoying auto "enhancement" turned off and we'll see how it turns out. I might be searching the forum for those "what photo book service do you use" threads.
My last few books from Shutterfly I thought were darker too. I started printing my books with Photobook America, I love them so far!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-01-2022, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
My last few books from Shutterfly I thought were darker too. I started printing my books with Photobook America, I love them so far!
Yes -- I saw the video you did comparing the two! I think I will print my next book of scrapbook pages with Photobook America. They sound like good quality and reasonably priced.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:14 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
They don't have 10x10! I was surprised! I've never had a problem with Shutterfly printing dark. Hmmm. I would love it if they were cheaper! LOL Its sad to have to wait for a sale to print!

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:31 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Bumping this since there is a code for free pages at Shutterfly this weekend. Ends Monday.

I just uploaded and put together my 2nd book for my cousin. I decided to quit at 100 pages since that took me from April 2017 to December 2020. 2021 and beyond can be in the next book (which already has 66 pages!)
Old 05-26-2022, 02:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Bumping this since there is a code for free pages at Shutterfly this weekend. Ends Monday.

I just uploaded and put together my 2nd book for my cousin. I decided to quit at 100 pages since that took me from April 2017 to December 2020. 2021 and beyond can be in the next book (which already has 66 pages!)
TY- I have been waiting
Old 05-26-2022, 11:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! I have a handful of pages left for my daughters Senior album (I have done one for each of my girls when they have graduated!) I know what I will be working on every spare moment between now and Mon!!!