Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 09-04-2021, 04:46 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you want that you would never actually spend money on?

Ru posted on her social media a question asking, if you could buy anything right now, what would you buy?

Well I am going to spin her question and ask what you really want but would never ever buy it because it’s not really practical.

I will go first. I would love a tiara. Not sure why. I don’t need one. People would stare at me if I wore it outside the house. It just sounds fun. Maybe I will get one for one of the cats, lol. I will live vicariously through them.

So what would be your guilty pleasure purchase, and money or frivolity is no object!
Old 09-04-2021, 04:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Can’t go wrong with a tiara

White furniture. Not practical on so many levels for me. The first being I have a chocolate lab who sheds 365 days a year.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

A commercial ice maker that makes soft cubed ice!
Old 09-04-2021, 05:22 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I have one of these…. we got it because my husband loves the ice, but there is a lot of maintainence and now he feels it also uses too much electricity. I always use it if he goes out of town. Don’t tell him, shhhh.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:24 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Can’t go wrong with a tiara

White furniture. Not practical on so many levels for me. The first being I have a chocolate lab who sheds 365 days a year.
Yes white furniture would not be practical for us either. My husband has a cousin who has all white furniture in her house as well as her daughter’s nursery and we are just like how is this a possibility? They have a golden too.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

First class flights to the states. We go back every two or three years, and I always dream of being able to stretch out and be comfortable on the long trip.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A camper or a second house at the beach. A camper isn't practical right now only bc one it is expensive, we have no where to park it and would have to pay to park it somewhere. Second house...well that is just crazy right now. I may change my mind once our current house is paid off in a couple of years...2025 baby!

Other than that I pretty much buy whatever I want within reason...Hubby and I rarely give each other gifts anymore for birthday, Christmas or anniversary bc we usually buy what we want during the year. I bought a new phone before our trip and hubby said we can call that your anniversary gift...LOL I have always told him a trip ALONE is a perfect gift so we try to that once a year.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:33 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, I can't think of anything.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A big mansion, lake house, log cabin, cedar home, on lots of land, outwest! Never gonna happen!
Old 09-04-2021, 07:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A big fancy motorhome but since they cost six figures, it's not going to ever happen. But I do dream of it.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
YES.... we almost got one when our fridge stopped making ice.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A green smart LAKE HOUSE!

Old 09-04-2021, 08:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Pfff this is so hard because there are so many things that I want.

Like a new bed with an actual king mattress (not two twin) and a bed frame. One of those tufted fabric ones with a high back. I feel like they look so cozy and comfy and fancy. We've been talking about this for years though...

I don't see it happening anytime soon. There is always something more pressing.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I look at the specs sometimes for super high end computers, but I'd never spend the money on one. Expensive international vacations can go on the list, too. In the realm of things I could truly buy but don't want to spend the money on, nothing comes to mind. I already have the things I really want and need.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
First class flights to the states. We go back every two or three years, and I always dream of being able to stretch out and be comfortable on the long trip.
Same! I’d love to never fly coach again!
Old 09-04-2021, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post

Like a new bed with an actual king mattress (not two twin) and a bed frame. One of those tufted fabric ones with a high back. I feel like they look so cozy and comfy and fancy. We've been talking about this for years though...

too funny, we too have two twins and a bed frame. LOL!!!!!

Old 09-05-2021, 10:09 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
That sounds awesome! Especially on a long flight like that.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:11 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
A camper or a second house at the beach. A camper isn't practical right now only bc one it is expensive, we have no where to park it and would have to pay to park it somewhere. Second house...well that is just crazy right now. I may change my mind once our current house is paid off in a couple of years...2025 baby!

Other than that I pretty much buy whatever I want within reason...Hubby and I rarely give each other gifts anymore for birthday, Christmas or anniversary bc we usually buy what we want during the year. I bought a new phone before our trip and hubby said we can call that your anniversary gift...LOL I have always told him a trip ALONE is a perfect gift so we try to that once a year.
Hubby and I don’t exchange gifts either. We usually just get what we want to buy (within reason) throughout the year as well.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:11 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
A big mansion, lake house, log cabin, cedar home, on lots of land, outwest! Never gonna happen!
It’s nice to dream tho!!!
Old 09-05-2021, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmm.... right now I want a sublimation printer and heat press yet I just posted on Facebook saying I have too many t-shirts and don't really wear t-shirts anyway. Why would I want to make more?

I want another miniature horse so that my guy can have a friend other than our goats. Each animal adds to the food and vet costs though so I really have to consider whether it is feasible.

I keep almost buying a Macbook Pro but then I talk myself out of it because of the cost, same goes for the iPad Pro. Plus, do I really need a large one? I WANT one, but would it be logical to carry it around that big?
Old 09-05-2021, 10:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Kinda dreaming about buying an iPad Pro right now. Not that it's something I never actually spend on but I really don't need one so it's hard to justify it. I just see all these cool things people do, like doodling and what not, on them and I want to try! (Have I mentioned I can't draw?! Lol..)
Old 09-06-2021, 10:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Kinda dreaming about buying an iPad Pro right now. Not that it's something I never actually spend on but I really don't need one so it's hard to justify it. I just see all these cool things people do, like doodling and what not, on them and I want to try! (Have I mentioned I can't draw?! Lol..)
But letter, Cassie . . . . .lettering!!!

I have one and while I love it, am thankful I won it, I don't think I would have purchased it because I can't draw either!! But it's a nice convenient thing to have!
Old 09-06-2021, 10:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Gosh this is so hard and took me quite some time to decide. In the last year I've lost practically everything so anything right now would be nice, especially since I can't afford to rub two pennies together!

If money wasn't an option, I'd buy a customized brand new smart/green home with 3-bedroom, 3 bath, an office, fully finished basement, 2 car double-door garage home with enough land so that my neighbors aren't up in my windows, a driveway that can park more than one car without having to play musical cars....something to be able to put a roof over my children's heads and call my own and finally be able to put roots down after spending more than half of my life moving every 1-3 years - home. That's what I'd like.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:43 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
A big fancy motorhome but since they cost six figures, it's not going to ever happen. But I do dream of it.
Hubby was on an RV kick for awhile, and you are not joking those nice RVs cost money money money! But one can always dream
Old 09-07-2021, 04:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I would buy 5+ acres on a lake in Minnesota. I do actually hope to do this within the next 5 years though, but if I had the money I would immediately start building on it, too. I want to build a huge house with space for each of us. I want a big shop for my husband and a cabin to rent out. There has to be space for my son to build on someday and room for them to drive ATVs and snowmobiles and for my son to ride horses. I also want lots of goats and chickens.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:20 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
A green smart LAKE HOUSE!
That sounds pricey, lol
Old 09-07-2021, 06:22 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post

We had to return our king size bed to the furniture store because when they delivered it our bedroom was wall to wall bed. There was no room for anything or anyone else in there. We do need a new mattress now, but I don't feel like mattress shopping during covid.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:23 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I would buy 5+ acres on a lake in Minnesota. I do actually hope to do this within the next 5 years though, but if I had the money I would immediately start building on it, too. I want to build a huge house with space for each of us. I want a big shop for my husband and a cabin to rent out. There has to be space for my son to build on someday and room for them to drive ATVs and snowmobiles and for my son to ride horses. I also want lots of goats and chickens.
That sounds really nice. Good luck to you.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:24 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Maybe you can take a class online to teach you how to draw!!! Then you can justify your purchase, cough cough.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A maid and a chef.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:24 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
A maid and a chef.
these, too!
Old 09-07-2021, 11:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Apple watch.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't know if there's anything I'd *never* spend money on, but I delay most of my "wants" for a really long time For instance, I've been wanting a $59 sweatshirt from LL Bean for at least 8 months. Just haven't pulled the trigger, haha.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Counter Ice maker - a must. I bought one for my hubby from Christmas thinking for our RV as my hubby has to have cold water... but we use it in the house every single day. I've really upped my water game, too.

Sell everything and RV full time. haha But need money for that as hubby doesn't have a job that can be 100% on line.

I'm horrible at buying things for me... I'll spend, spend on kiddo and for the house, but not for me. I need a new laptop - my Mac is 8 yrs old... I could use a new car - mine is 16 years old (but I don't want to give Lucy up, she is like my first child... my first brand new car... and not having a car payment for like the last 12 yrs is awesome.)
Old 09-08-2021, 12:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
LOL

Quote:
I really want one too, but can never quite justify the cost. I don't even own an iPad regular, but I figure if I'm going to buy one then I may as well get the one I really want. I'm trying to justify it... can I use it for design work when I'm away from home? So far though, I haven't been able to. But I really really want to!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I really want one too, but can never quite justify the cost. I don't even own an iPad regular, but I figure if I'm going to buy one then I may as well get the one I really want. I'm trying to justify it... can I use it for design work when I'm away from home? So far though, I haven't been able to. But I really really want to!
I think you have far more of a reason than me! Can you buy one and write it off, or a portion, as a business expense?!

I am a little more seriously considering the iPad Air (4th gen) because that one will work with the Apple Pencil too, or so I've read! I just don't know enough to know if I will regret not coughing up the money for the Pro and end up wanting to upgrade soon after anyway. I'm paralyzed with indecision! Lol...
Old 09-09-2021, 08:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think you have far more of a reason than me! Can you buy one and write it off, or a portion, as a business expense?!

I am a little more seriously considering the iPad Air (4th gen) because that one will work with the Apple Pencil too, or so I've read! I just don't know enough to know if I will regret not coughing up the money for the Pro and end up wanting to upgrade soon after anyway. I'm paralyzed with indecision! Lol...
I was looking at that one too, and it does work with the pencil, so that's probably the way I'll go. I think for my purposes, the smaller size would be better, since I'd mainly use when I'm away from my computer, so I probably don't want to be carting around the giant Pro. Overall though, I can't help but suspect that if I do buy one, it'll just end up being used by my daughter for her games and shows!
Old 09-09-2021, 08:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I was looking at that one too, and it does work with the pencil, so that's probably the way I'll go. I think for my purposes, the smaller size would be better, since I'd mainly use when I'm away from my computer, so I probably don't want to be carting around the giant Pro. Overall though, I can't help but suspect that if I do buy one, it'll just end up being used by my daughter for her games and shows!
Do you have a Costco near you? They're $70 off until 9/26!
Old 09-09-2021, 09:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh... a really good question....

I would love a beach house and a mountain house.... but I know I'll never get those.

I would love to upgrade to an Apple desktop and Laptop, but its hard to spend that amount of money.... I did just buy a regular ipad and apple pencil, i wanted the Pro, but just couldn't think of spending that much. I am slowly teaching myself procreate.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-10-2021, 09:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Do you have a Costco near you? They're $70 off until 9/26!
Oooh, you temptress!
Old 09-10-2021, 10:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

One of those amazing lenses sports and professional wildlife photographers use. I'd love to have one, but I don't shoot enough anymore to spend thousands of dollars on one.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
A maid and a chef.
Totally what I want too. And if I have to pick one, I pick the chef!
Old 09-10-2021, 11:41 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I got one to use for designing on. Basically I read on it because I haven't had the time of learn how to use it and I can't draw well either. I need more time! Can I buy some time? That would be the best purchase I could ever make.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

nothing that springs to mind cause I'm really thrifty to start with....if I had extra money I'd probably spend it on the absolute needs....hair cut, external hard drive, antivirus software, money put aside for travel to job interviews....all the boring things really.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 09-11-2021, 07:04 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I am a huge Disney fan! I would LOVE one of those Disney themed dresses (they look kind of 50ish) and some park tickets so I could take my grandson on a date night at the Magic Kingdom and have dinner at the Castle. It is only 6 hours away but it’s gotten so expensive
Old 09-11-2021, 02:20 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Travel .... anywhere. The will need list is getting to big to do any traveling. Thankfully things are still so unsettled covid wise where I am I am not missing out on it too much since it is just safer to stay home.