Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-15-2021, 03:18 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Food is difficult in my house.

First, we have the allergies. My husband and daughter cannot have peanuts. Then, my daughter is so allergic to dust that she can't have fresh foods with bumpy or furry rinds- like cantaloupe, kiwi, etc. The dust that settles onto these transfers to the fruit when it's sliced (yes... we found that out the hard way).

Second, my thirteen year old daughter is a vegetarian. She has been FOREVER... as in, she wouldn't even eat baby food with meat in it.

Those are the big hurdles. As for food rules that have nothing to do with health stuff...

Both my husband and my daughter hate if their food touches. We have a good supply of divided plates in our house.

I really only like cold water. And I highly prefer to drink it from a reusable cup with a straw.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If it died, you must eat it and not throw it away otherwise don’t take it at all.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No real food rules here. My sister in law has a rule that you can't have two starches in a meal.

We used to only have soups in the winter and pasta salad only in summer, etc. but we realized we were missing out on some of our favorites by limiting it. Now we eat whatever sounds good when it sounds good. We only made jambalaya for Mardi Gras before and now I make it a few times a year... we used to only eat Reubens for St. Patrick's Day but our family loves them so we eat them about once a month. My husband begged me to make potato soup over the summer and the kids wanted chili. Done.

My son is picky. He either eats what I fix or he makes his own food. If I can modify ours slightly to accommodate him, I will. For example, he hates ham but likes turkey breast. When I make funeral sliders, I make his with turkey, ours with ham.
Old 09-18-2021, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

As I started this thread, I thought I didn't have any food rules, but as I read, I realized that I do have a few!

I won't eat a sandwich on soggy bread. Eeew!!
I don't like whole chicken breasts on sandwiches - biting into it without cutting it up makes me gag.
I'm super careful when I'm making dishes with chicken - no fat, gristle, or other icky things.
Bacon (which I rarely eat because it doesn't agree with me...sad times!) must be extra, extra crispy. I'd rather eat it burnt than squirmy.
I don't eat any of the insides of animals - liver, heart, I even order menudo without tripe. Gross!
LOL!

Okay, a funny story: My daughter and I went to Oklahoma for the first time with my 90 year old Grandpa to visit family. Kayla was about 11. She was a super picky eater. Basically just chicken nuggets were on the list. So, my Grandpa's brother took us to KFC. They had a lunch buffet, and she filled her plate with what she thought were chicken nuggets. After she ate a few, she went back for more. There was another older gentleman getting his food, and he saw her picking up "chicken nuggets". He said, "Young lady, you know those are gizzards, right?" ROFL!!! Poor Kayla didn't know what gizzards were!! When we told her, she just about threw up!
Old 09-19-2021, 07:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not really any food rules per say but I couldn’t ever eat KFC chicken reheated or pizza. I’d eat it cold & my kids said I’m a psychopath 😔 I no longer eat that stuff as I’m on a clean diet but yeah they still judge me. 😂 I also don’t drink water out of a plastic cup from home & no ice. I like it straight from the filter, my kids also judge me for this. 🙈
My son doesn’t like his foods to touch & my daughter can taste the Mayo & Ketchup changes. She’s so picky. 🤢

Old 09-19-2021, 12:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do have food rules ... I'm a pretty picky eater and if I don't think I will like something my rule is: I ain't trying it. Period. Hard stop.

Other rules (recently added rules after changing my diet), no caffeine and no soda. At least 100 ounces of water daily.