Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze
Default I'm so mad at myself

So I've been working on loosing weight. I'm about 60 lbs bigger than I was a few years ago. Now I don't want to lose all that again. I'm just hoping for a good 25 lbs.

well I'm mad because....

1. I tried to by a new outfit today for an interview.... and I tried on my size... um not even close. *I tried on a few different clothing lines.. .so its because I put on weight*

2. My little Mii character on my Wii fit is a tubby little thing..

3. I haven't lost a single lb in like 2 or 3 weeks * I had lost 10 lbs already*

4. I feel blah...

So anyone else have this problem when they are trying to lose weight?? you are going strong... then its like all of a sudden you are back where you started?????

I'm so mad at myself.

So after work and after shopping I

1. ran
2. *finished the run with a speed walk... lol
3. played some basketball
4. cleaned the house *in fast pace*
5. eat some healthy dinner and drank tons of water.
6. after I'm finished forum reading on here... I'm going to do a few things with the Wii Fit.

hopefully I'll start losing weight again.

Last edited by suze; 05-01-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

Losing weight is a lifestyle thing and humans are creatures of habit... don't get too down on yourself, change is hard and especially with weight loss, it doesn't come easy. You know that. Just try your best to see the silver linings whenever you can and definitely give yourself a pat on the back for TRYING!! You're doing good, just keep pushing through it! *high five*
Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I am right there with you. Tonight I was looking through pictures to scrap and UGH I am not happy with the way i am looking now a days. A couple years ago I needed to lose about 100 and lost 40, and I have slowly gotten about 30 of it back. Now I told myself no hair cut/color until I lose 20. Good motivation, but BAD on the morale Feeling fat and daily bad hair days.

I read a book called "Skinny Bitch" and it helped get me in the right frame of mind. Lots of good info about food. I need to check it out of the library again though.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaLovesLife View Post
I am right there with you. Tonight I was looking through pictures to scrap and UGH I am not happy with the way i am looking now a days. A couple years ago I needed to lose about 100 and lost 40, and I have slowly gotten about 30 of it back. Now I told myself no hair cut/color until I lose 20. Good motivation, but BAD on the morale Feeling fat and daily bad hair days.

I read a book called "Skinny Bitch" and it helped get me in the right frame of mind. Lots of good info about food. I need to check it out of the library again though.
I need to check out that out. I really need to pick up on reading more anyway... *I'm going to join you girls with the book club*

Yeah I really can't look at new photos of me either...

thanks annie... I know your right *high five*

and I keep trying to motivate my self with "if I lose it I'll look good in a swimsuit* you know the usual...

It just seems like this is extra hard for me. *I guess it is for everyone tho* I'm starting to get really bummed about it.

I just need to kick myself in the butt and say "get over it and run!!!!"
Old 04-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I get that way. I finally started again a month or so ago, and although I was doing all the right things the weight wasn't coming off as quickly as I'd like and I got discouraged. The past couple of days I haven't tracked calories. I need to go back to it before I get too far off track.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I get that way. I finally started again a month or so ago, and although I was doing all the right things the weight wasn't coming off as quickly as I'd like and I got discouraged. The past couple of days I haven't tracked calories. I need to go back to it before I get too far off track.
Rach so you track calories?? I was thinking about trying that...*actually finding some apps for my ipod now*

Do you think that helps you?? I think that is something I really should start doing. I also want to track my exercising too.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have struggled with my weight my entire life *sigh* My advice is to learn to love yourself the way you are. I am not saying give up on the weightloss, but really focus on being healthy and happy in you own skin. Don't worry about losing it quickly, just eat a little better and move more, and you will see a difference. (*hugs*)
Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh and see my little tracker? I keep it there even when I am not losing, it reminds me to keep at it. I got it at a site www.myfitnesspal.com , they have a food, and exercise tracker, and tell you how many calories you need/day to lose weight.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferBarrette View Post
I have struggled with my weight my entire life *sigh* My advice is to learn to love yourself the way you are. I am not saying give up on the weightloss, but really focus on being healthy and happy in you own skin. Don't worry about losing it quickly, just eat a little better and move more, and you will see a difference. (*hugs*)
Thanks Jenn!

its such a difference for me... that you're right... I'm not comfortable with myself. So I'm probably causing stress and making it worse.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

I dunno if you're like me (but I know I am)... but I was getting TOO obsessed with pounds so I had to throw my scale in the trash. For me, it was the BEST thing I ever did. I concentrate more on how I feel physically/health wise and emotionally.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieBananie View Post
I dunno if you're like me (but I know I am)... but I was getting TOO obsessed with pounds so I had to throw my scale in the trash. For me, it was the BEST thing I ever did. I concentrate more on how I feel physically/health wise and emotionally.
ugh I should probably do that, but I've only been tracking my weight for the last 2 months or so. I'm keeping track of my weight on the wii fit. I honestly don't care about the number I just don't want this "spare tire" anymore
Old 05-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i can totally relate...i joined ww and i would do good for a while and then i would quit...i'm trying to stay positive and focused but dang it's hard...i hate exercise and i love food and that just doesn't go together...i need to lose at least 20lbs by july so i think i'm going to try ww again...
Old 05-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We should do this together!!!! And YOU know how I hate to diet and all!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
i can totally relate...i joined ww and i would do good for a while and then i would quit...i'm trying to stay positive and focused but dang it's hard...i hate exercise and i love food and that just doesn't go together...i need to lose at least 20lbs by july so i think i'm going to try ww again...
I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs too

I just joined sparkpeople and I'm tracking everything, maybe that will help me
Old 05-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~toby~ View Post
We should do this together!!!! And YOU know how I hate to diet and all!!!
we should! here is the site I was talking about sparkpeople.com
Old 05-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

ummmm...can I do it tomorrow...I am having a Twinkie now
Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~toby~ View Post
ummmm...can I do it tomorrow...I am having a Twinkie now

I've been doing good... *but I wont track those sour patch kids I had during lunch or the orange soda.... ummm yeah I'm starting tomorrow too!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I was totally going to suggest what Annie said. Don't worry about that scale! If you notice a change in the way your clothes fit, that may be the biggest motivator of all. Remember too, everyone hits plateaus when losing weight. You may have to be a little more strict with stuff for a week but I bet that'll help you get back on track. Sounds to me like you totally have the motivation to do it! Good luck Susan!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
I was totally going to suggest what Annie said. Don't worry about that scale! If you notice a change in the way your clothes fit, that may be the biggest motivator of all. Remember too, everyone hits plateaus when losing weight. You may have to be a little more strict with stuff for a week but I bet that'll help you get back on track. Sounds to me like you totally have the motivation to do it! Good luck Susan!
thanks Laura I'm getting there. I think I was so mad at myself that I boosted myself. *I guess whatever works*
Old 05-01-2009, 08:50 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

you'll get there.. just keep at it. I've lost 50lbs, and still have a bit more to go till I'm "happy" (said sarcastically cause I know I'll never be "happy" ) but.. it comes and goes.. I've not once lost consistently this entire year. There have been months where I just stay where I am and nothing changes. I'm active, I eat right.. it just takes time. :]
Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Losing weight for me was definitely a struggle until I joined Weight Watchers. I had two babies back to back and gained over 70 lbs with EACH pregnancy. I still had about 20 lbs to lose with the second boy when I got pregnant with the 3rd. I was miserable after I had my 3rd. I felt fat and ugly, then I decided to join WW in March 08. I lost over 80 lbs and I went from a size 16 (and maternity clothes b/c I refused to buy anything bigger) after having my 3rd baby to a size 4 now!!!!!

Don't give up! Keep going at it. It will be difficult and you will feel like quitting when you are not seeing results but don't give up. Your hard work will pay off in the end!!! Just keep eating healthy and stay active!!!!

A few snacks....have fruit and veggies close by, 94% fat free popcorn, Fat free pringles if you are a chip person (to me they taste exactly the same) 100 Calorie Packs, Fiber One bars, 100 Calorie Bagels and at the beginning I bought lots of WW meals....I could go on and on!!!

Last edited by kim21673; 05-01-2009 at 08:56 AM.